04-02-2014 08:12 PM
47 12
tools
    It depends on the case. I have a nice slim phone and with the case on it, its still a nice slim phone just slightly bigger. If its a boxy phone that does not feel good to grip I will get a case that is good to grip given that it provides the same protection to my phone. I do not keep my phones like some collector once I buy a new one I keep my phones in mint condition so that I can sell them once I upgrade and yes, since I sell them off contract and unlocked in mint condition sometimes I get my money back or even turn a profit.
    12-27-2013 01:45 PM
    ^^ Here's the sequence of posts. If you think that I wasn't straight forward in what I was saying then I'm at a loss for words...

It probably wouldn't have that great of a grip. It probably would feel something like gripping an iphone 5/s. I do much prefer the feel of a rounded phone in hand. But I think for the sake of the design language, a device with Surface branding needs to keep the boxy/flat edge corners.

Not everyone is from where you are from. With that being said "whats your problem" equates to an attitude where I am from but I don't expect you to know that so wouldn't find that offensive. However, others will find that offensive. Basically, what I am saying is beware of our audience and conduct your question/response. so that it sounds neutral.
    ven07 and fatclue_98 like this.
    12-27-2013 01:48 PM
    Here's one thing I don't understand. Just about everybody I see on these forums drools about how nice their slim, sculpted phones look. I read review after review about how slim the Samsungs are, how slim and elegant the iPhone is. Then, just about everybody goes out and gets an Otterbox or something similar and makes their phones into these unwieldy bricks covered in plastic. Am I the only person in the world that has never put so much as a skin on his phone?
    My HTC Trophy has no case and it feels just fine. However my Lumia 928 (white) was slick and I ended up buying the Poetic Atmosphere case so that it didn't feel like it was going to slip out of my hand if I didn't grip it. I also wanted something to give the phone a slight bezel so that the screen wasn't in contact with the table when I set it face down. I had this nightmare scenario of my girlfriend sliding my phone to me across a table, scratching the bejeebus out of the screen.

Pumping the Lumia 929/Icon again, but I am looking forward to seeing a matte finish on the phone so as to give the phone a little more "grip" over the 928's shiny finish.
    ven07 likes this.
    12-27-2013 02:14 PM
    Nice concept. But it could look better than that and slimmer. After all, concepts are concepts.

But I also want the OS to take the next level again. Windows 8 UI is very much user-friendly but it can evolve and that much needed evolution should make these devices even more popular. I really would love to see almost the same look of Windows 8.1 on my 920. Truth be told, I really believe WP's need a change of skin pretty soon.
    12-27-2013 02:21 PM
    Good look. But I still prefer current lumia designs ;) Maybe this design may attract iphone users to wp8. Well, just a concept.
    12-27-2013 10:03 PM
    Got a slight Zune HD vibe going on, which would have made an awesome little phone. Nice concept though.
    12Danny123 likes this.
    12-28-2013 01:00 AM
    They should just take the Zune HD, stretch it out to the right proportions to house a 5" screen and give us similar colour options.
    Dk92 and RJ Priest like this.
    12-28-2013 01:46 AM
    I like this surface/xbox phone concept, but the screen on this phone seems small. Slap a 5.5 or six inch screen into the concept surface phone and it's nearly perfect. Design wise IMO.
    12-28-2013 03:20 AM
    Yes, I too wish there was a surface phone. If Microsoft were to announce one tomorrow, I would preorder it in a heartbeat.... In fact, I think having a surface phone would help their US-Windows Phone marketshare tremendously.
    01-01-2014 05:14 PM
    I'm excited already! Maybe like apple, they will have a separate event for their phones. Phones in June, Tablets October. I hope it comes in both the black color, as the surface pro 2, and in white, as the surface 2. The concept devices looks sick, btw. :)
    Dk92 likes this.
    01-02-2014 03:04 AM
    The design concept looks just like an iphone redesigned but noticed the same power button and similar speakers. I hate the iPhone, i love the way my Nokia Lumia 1520 its, love the design.
    01-02-2014 03:38 AM
    The design concept looks just like an iphone redesigned but noticed the same power button and similar speakers. I hate the iPhone, i love the way my Nokia Lumia 1520 its, love the design.
    Right... But the design concept is supposed to be that of the Surface design language. Not any currently existing phone. I think the designer here did a good job accomplishing that. The Surface design language is modern, sleek, and sexy. This concept fits the bill.
    Dk92 likes this.
    01-02-2014 10:27 AM
    Right... But the design concept is supposed to be that of the Surface design language. Not any currently existing phone. I think the designer here did a good job accomplishing that. The Surface design language is modern, sleek, and sexy. This concept fits the bill.
    Exactly. 👍
    01-06-2014 11:47 PM
    I want it. hello Microsoft, I would pay off contract apple prices for the surface phone.
    01-31-2014 09:14 AM
    This phone as well as a surface mini with icrap mini screen dimensions.
    02-02-2014 07:09 AM
    Bump.
    03-24-2014 03:14 PM
    The Icon is plenty Surfacey enough for me.

Nokia Lumia Icon versus Microsoft Surface 2 – born of the same design language? | Windows Phone Central

Not that I wouldn't love a Surface Phone. But gotta appreciate this.
    Twitter@Firas_MD likes this.
    03-24-2014 04:36 PM
    It looks really awesome because most of the phone's surface is display. Little space used for buttons and the speaker,.. I like that a lot. Much better than the iPhone for that point
    03-25-2014 06:10 PM
    Did you add more pictures to the OP?
    03-26-2014 03:40 PM
    I'm hoping for a global variant of the Lumia icon .. That's all.
    03-26-2014 04:16 PM
    Yes the icon is not bad design wise, But will not be available to me. only on verison isn't it? Im in Canada so a no go for me.
    04-01-2014 09:20 AM
    Yes the icon is not bad design wise, But will not be available to me. only on verison isn't it? Im in Canada so a no go for me.
    You'll be happy to know(which you most likely already do) that the Lumia icon/Lumia 930 is coming soon internationally. :D
    04-02-2014 08:12 PM
47 12