I wish this phone was real ;-)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What's your problem followed by "I like it" comes off as condescending. Simply asking what my beef was would have resulted in my response without the added flavor.

As I say to my wife... Not everyone is out to cut you with every move. Sometimes a question is just a question and a statement is just a statement. When you're on the internet, without the ability to even get a glimpse of body language or tone, give your fellow windows phone fans the benefit of the doubt.

I was only asking a question and making a statement about my opinions.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps it would have been better if you just said pardon me maddam/sir, could you elaborate more on why you do not like the screws?

I really think people should say what they mean instead of saying something and expecting others to know what they mean but what do I know

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My only beef is the exposed screws.

What's your problem with them? They kinda go with the Surface look. I suppose they could be removed, but I like them.

Exposed fasteners take away from any clean, industrial look. That's my opinion, deal with it.

^^ Here's the sequence of posts. If you think that I wasn't straight forward in what I was saying then I'm at a loss for words...

Perhaps it would have been better if you just said pardon me maddam/sir, could you elaborate more on why you do not like the screws?

I really think people should say what they mean instead of saying something and expecting others to know what they mean but what do I know

It looks nice but does it feel nice? Usually, boxy phones don't feel has good to grip.

It probably wouldn't have that great of a grip. It probably would feel something like gripping an iphone 5/s. I do much prefer the feel of a rounded phone in hand. But I think for the sake of the design language, a device with Surface branding needs to keep the boxy/flat edge corners.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It looks nice but does it feel nice? Usually, boxy phones don't feel has good to grip.

Here's one thing I don't understand. Just about everybody I see on these forums drools about how nice their slim, sculpted phones look. I read review after review about how slim the Samsungs are, how slim and elegant the iPhone is. Then, just about everybody goes out and gets an Otterbox or something similar and makes their phones into these unwieldy bricks covered in plastic. Am I the only person in the world that has never put so much as a skin on his phone?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the case. I have a nice slim phone and with the case on it, its still a nice slim phone just slightly bigger. If its a boxy phone that does not feel good to grip I will get a case that is good to grip given that it provides the same protection to my phone. I do not keep my phones like some collector once I buy a new one I keep my phones in mint condition so that I can sell them once I upgrade and yes, since I sell them off contract and unlocked in mint condition sometimes I get my money back or even turn a profit.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
^^ Here's the sequence of posts. If you think that I wasn't straight forward in what I was saying then I'm at a loss for words...

It probably wouldn't have that great of a grip. It probably would feel something like gripping an iphone 5/s. I do much prefer the feel of a rounded phone in hand. But I think for the sake of the design language, a device with Surface branding needs to keep the boxy/flat edge corners.

Not everyone is from where you are from. With that being said "whats your problem" equates to an attitude where I am from but I don't expect you to know that so wouldn't find that offensive. However, others will find that offensive. Basically, what I am saying is beware of our audience and conduct your question/response. so that it sounds neutral.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's one thing I don't understand. Just about everybody I see on these forums drools about how nice their slim, sculpted phones look. I read review after review about how slim the Samsungs are, how slim and elegant the iPhone is. Then, just about everybody goes out and gets an Otterbox or something similar and makes their phones into these unwieldy bricks covered in plastic. Am I the only person in the world that has never put so much as a skin on his phone?

My HTC Trophy has no case and it feels just fine. However my Lumia 928 (white) was slick and I ended up buying the Poetic Atmosphere case so that it didn't feel like it was going to slip out of my hand if I didn't grip it. I also wanted something to give the phone a slight bezel so that the screen wasn't in contact with the table when I set it face down. I had this nightmare scenario of my girlfriend sliding my phone to me across a table, scratching the bejeebus out of the screen. :unhappysweat:

Pumping the Lumia 929/Icon again, but I am looking forward to seeing a matte finish on the phone so as to give the phone a little more "grip" over the 928's shiny finish.

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Nice concept. But it could look better than that and slimmer. After all, concepts are concepts.

But I also want the OS to take the next level again. Windows 8 UI is very much user-friendly but it can evolve and that much needed evolution should make these devices even more popular. I really would love to see almost the same look of Windows 8.1 on my 920. Truth be told, I really believe WP's need a change of skin pretty soon.

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Good look. But I still prefer current lumia designs ;) Maybe this design may attract iphone users to wp8. Well, just a concept.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
They should just take the Zune HD, stretch it out to the right proportions to house a 5" screen and give us similar colour options.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I like this surface/xbox phone concept, but the screen on this phone seems small. Slap a 5.5 or six inch screen into the concept surface phone and it's nearly perfect. Design wise IMO.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I too wish there was a surface phone. If Microsoft were to announce one tomorrow, I would preorder it in a heartbeat.... In fact, I think having a surface phone would help their US-Windows Phone marketshare tremendously.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited already! Maybe like apple, they will have a separate event for their phones. Phones in June, Tablets October. I hope it comes in both the black color, as the surface pro 2, and in white, as the surface 2. The concept devices looks sick, btw. :)

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The design concept looks just like an iphone redesigned but noticed the same power button and similar speakers. I hate the iPhone, i love the way my Nokia Lumia 1520 its, love the design.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The design concept looks just like an iphone redesigned but noticed the same power button and similar speakers. I hate the iPhone, i love the way my Nokia Lumia 1520 its, love the design.

Right... But the design concept is supposed to be that of the Surface design language. Not any currently existing phone. I think the designer here did a good job accomplishing that. The Surface design language is modern, sleek, and sexy. This concept fits the bill.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Right... But the design concept is supposed to be that of the Surface design language. Not any currently existing phone. I think the designer here did a good job accomplishing that. The Surface design language is modern, sleek, and sexy. This concept fits the bill.
Exactly. 👍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss