04-02-2014 08:12 PM
47 12
tools

Thanks Phone designer on Facebook !!

This is a very nice concept :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-26-2013 04:02 AM
    12-26-2013 05:07 AM
    Indeed . I love all the design except for the camera lens .
    12-26-2013 05:45 AM
    Very cool design!
    12-26-2013 10:35 AM
    after owning a lumia 920 i really dont like the boxy design ..... They only look good but feels terrible in hand ... If you fist hold a iphone and then lumia 920 or above you will definitely feel the difference and then u will understand how hard has nokia worked on thier designs ...
    12-26-2013 10:57 AM
    Beautiful... I too wish this was real.

Edit: My biggest beef with the design would be the branding. I don't think it should say "Surface Phone", it should just say "Surface" on the back. The fact that it's a phone goes without saying.
    Last edited by Indistinguishable; 12-26-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    crystal_planet likes this.
    12-26-2013 11:02 AM
    Some of those renders look a little too much like an iPhone. I've got one, loved it, used it before my two Lumias, but I'm really glad Nokias have their own beautiful look that's nothing like the iPhone.
    12-26-2013 11:11 AM
    My only beef is the exposed screws.
    12-26-2013 02:55 PM
    What's your problem with them? They kinda go with the Surface look. I suppose they could be removed, but I like them.
    Cellus13 likes this.
    12-26-2013 03:04 PM
    What's your problem with them? They kinda go with the Surface look. I suppose they could be removed, but I like them.
    Exposed fasteners take away from any clean, industrial look. That's my opinion, deal with it.
    snowmutt likes this.
    12-26-2013 03:32 PM
    Exposed fasteners take away from any clean, industrial look. That's my opinion, deal with it.
    What's with the attitude? He/she just asked you a question.
    Cellus13 likes this.
    12-26-2013 03:55 PM
    IMO the design looks more like a 810 w/ the metal, but nice design though
    12-26-2013 04:06 PM
    What's with the attitude? He/she just asked you a question.
    I was responding to attitude. It's not cool to ask someone "what's your problem with ....". It's ok to disagree.
    12-26-2013 04:10 PM
    I was responding to attitude. It's not cool to ask someone "what's your problem with ....". It's ok to disagree.
    So, now it's considered "attitude" to ask what your problem with exposed screws is?

I think you may have just over reacted a bit there.
    12-26-2013 04:15 PM
    Would you have been less put off if I had said: what's your "beef" with...? I only asked you to expand on the opinion you briefly expressed.
    12-26-2013 04:39 PM
    I absolutely love it! :)
    12-26-2013 05:18 PM
    Would you have been less put off if I had said: what's your "beef" with...? I only asked you to expand on the opinion you briefly expressed.
    What's your problem followed by "I like it" comes off as condescending. Simply asking what my beef was would have resulted in my response without the added flavor.
    12-26-2013 07:14 PM
    What's your problem followed by "I like it" comes off as condescending. Simply asking what my beef was would have resulted in my response without the added flavor.
    Just letting you know... the way it comes across to a third party reading this is that you probably need to chill out a bit.

I totally understand that you may feel chippy on the internet because so many people like to start flame wars. So that defensiveness just comes out. But we're all WP fans here right? Let's try to be nice to each other unless we're sure that someone is trying to be a jerk.
    12-26-2013 07:38 PM
    Just letting you know... the way it comes across to a third party reading this is that you probably need to chill out a bit.

I totally understand that you may feel chippy on the internet because so many people like to start flame wars. So that defensiveness just comes out. But we're all WP fans here right? Let's try to be nice to each other unless we're sure that someone is trying to be a jerk.
    Fair enough. Just don't get your panties in a bunch the next time we spank your Lakers at our house. I know it was only by 6 but our boys didn't show up. They felt dissed as champions having to play on the road at Christmas. I'll catch you on the NBA thread.
    12-26-2013 08:49 PM
    It looks like Metro UI in the flesh!

The only thing I'm not as fan of its the angled sides. It looks like the Nexus 4, which wasn't easy to hold because of the same design feature.
    12-27-2013 06:18 AM
    As I say to my wife... Not everyone is out to cut you with every move. Sometimes a question is just a question and a statement is just a statement. When you're on the internet, without the ability to even get a glimpse of body language or tone, give your fellow windows phone fans the benefit of the doubt.

I was only asking a question and making a statement about my opinions.
    12-27-2013 09:39 AM
    Perhaps it would have been better if you just said pardon me maddam/sir, could you elaborate more on why you do not like the screws?

I really think people should say what they mean instead of saying something and expecting others to know what they mean but what do I know
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    12-27-2013 10:08 AM
    It looks nice but does it feel nice? Usually, boxy phones don't feel has good to grip.
    12-27-2013 10:17 AM
    ^^ Here's the sequence of posts. If you think that I wasn't straight forward in what I was saying then I'm at a loss for words...

Perhaps it would have been better if you just said pardon me maddam/sir, could you elaborate more on why you do not like the screws?

I really think people should say what they mean instead of saying something and expecting others to know what they mean but what do I know
    It looks nice but does it feel nice? Usually, boxy phones don't feel has good to grip.
    It probably wouldn't have that great of a grip. It probably would feel something like gripping an iphone 5/s. I do much prefer the feel of a rounded phone in hand. But I think for the sake of the design language, a device with Surface branding needs to keep the boxy/flat edge corners.
    12-27-2013 10:32 AM
    Here's one thing I don't understand. Just about everybody I see on these forums drools about how nice their slim, sculpted phones look. I read review after review about how slim the Samsungs are, how slim and elegant the iPhone is. Then, just about everybody goes out and gets an Otterbox or something similar and makes their phones into these unwieldy bricks covered in plastic. Am I the only person in the world that has never put so much as a skin on his phone?
    Zippier, a5cent, raycpl and 1 others like this.
    12-27-2013 10:45 AM
47 12