New Windows Phone's at CES?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping for HTC WP goodness at CES, but aren't new, in-development technologies normally announced at CES, not actual products?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am truly stumped by what this calender year brings for WP. Obviously, there will be a host of new devices with the WP 8.1 upgrade, but why do I doubt we will see anything other then the L929 before then?

Will it be all MS branded Lumias, or will HTC bring game?

Will Samsung even care at this point, with the Note 4 (which has become their best device), GS5, and Tizen phones launching in that same time frame?

I am seeing 2014 as a real turning point for WP. Either:

There is serious traction behind 8.1 phones and we see big gains continue to where WP is serious 10% player by the end of 2014 in all markets which leads a march to 20%-25% worldwide sales in a few years, or:

The lack of other OEM's support and the loss of Nokia's name really puts a crimp in WP's wave of improved sales and WP hits a wall at below 10% and the struggle for mainstream users is a war for years and years to come.

I am hoping for a nice CES nudge for WP, something to keep it in the mindshare of consumers. Anything, MS- just get it in the headlines.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess 2014 should be good for windows fone...iam seeing peoples interest in the os increasing. Now people are ready to take windows phones OS seriously. New products by nokia . Dual sim windows phones...coded as moneypenny and soo on. Thou i thing 5 inc is max size for a proper phone. Iam loving my 1020...just saw 1520...loved it but found it 2 big
though iam using note 2 as well...

Sent from my Nokia 1020 RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
A thought: The 929 has still not been released and now it's CES time. We should hear about new 8.1 offerings for the coming months. No where have I see where the 929 is anything more than a 8.0 phone. How can Verizon expect any success at all with this phone if it is introduced at such a late date. Anyone else find this interesting and surprising?

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I seem to remember the Nokia Pureview 808 was announced at CES, as well as the HTC Titan 2 (remember those phones?). Or maybe that was a different show, I'm not really sure.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm betting that there won't be any Nokia 8.1 phones with capacitive buttons. If the Lumia 929 does come out I'm betting it will be prior to Windows Phone 8.1

Which is of course pure speculation

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
CES usually isn't for mobile current gen products, I do hope for an announcement though, I have a JUMP upgrade Feb 1st.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really expecting anything Windows Phone related at CES. I'm more hoping for mention/announcement of the Surface power cover that's supposed to come out in Q1.

I don't think the 929 will get any major coverage at all. It's in the hands of a company that couldn't care less about Windows Phone, Verizon Wireless. They'll probably have some press release with a little video and that'll be that. Just like they did with the NL928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz