Nokia Lumia 1820 with a 5.2in 2K display, 3GB of RAM and Lytro-like camera could be on the way

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Taken from Stuff.tv, would so love this to be true: Nokia Lumia 1820 with a 5.2in 2K display, 3GB of RAM and Lytro-like camera could be on the way | Stuff

Nokia Lumia 1820 with a 5.2in 2K display, 3GB of RAM and Lytro-like camera could be on the way

Nokia could blow us all away at Mobile World congress with two high-specced mobile delights

Nokia is set to make quite a splash at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next month, if the latest whispers turn out to be true.

According to @NextLeaks, Nokia will reveal its Lumia 1820 flagship at the show, and it's got quite the spec list. To put it mildly.

A 5.2in 2K display, a quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor and 3GB of RAM are all said to be included in the 1820, along with a 3,400mAh battery, 32GB of expandable storage and a camera with a Xenon flash and Lytro-like technology which allows for post-capture re-focusing.

Phew.

Not only that, but it'll reportedly have a similar design to the metal Lumia 925, and it'll be available in March.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL...

As if that wasn't enough, a second phone – the Nokia Lumia 1525 phablet – will also make an appearance, sporting the same hardware with the exception of a 6in screen, a 25/30MP camera and – get this – some form of chargeable solar display.

It sounds like a spec-fiend's wildest dreams come true, but we're approaching it all with very cautious optimism.

Unlike trusted leaker @evleaks, @NextLeaks is a brand new unproven account, but certain details like the Lytro-like camera do match up with 1820 rumours from late last year.

Fingers crossed eh?

MWC 2014 – the biggest stories so far

[@NextLeaks via theunwired]

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Nice and all but will they do anything especially better than current devices? The 1520 isn't that much faster than the previous gen and only offers size as its differentiator and "future proofing" isn't a valid reason since nothing now or on the horizon is set to take advantage of those high specs.

So apart from bragging rights I don't find these devices that exciting but that's probably because I have a 1020 which is recognized as having the best smartphone camera so for my new device to interest me it has to take that crown first before I consider any other upgrades worthwhile.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
maybe this is the international version of the Icon/929 - if it looks like the 928, sounds like it is to me..........It may even be the 929/Icon itself, and they are waiting until MWC to release the thing (which would really **** me off, considering im holding out for it, and im stuck with my old Galaxy Nexus, which is the absolute worst phone ive ever owned.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So when Goldfinger is the 8.1 Flagship, would that mean there would be a new flagship device before it? I'm not that sure about if Nokia would do this!

However, Lytro and 2k screen.. Amazing!! :D

Last edited:

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
There is truth to these rumors because I've read the same a few days back on a major media site. Hopefully Nokia sells an unlocked version of these with US lte bands. Because we already know all too well how ATT neuters them.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is truth to these rumors because I've read the same a few days back on a major media site. Hopefully Nokia sells an unlocked version of these with US lte bands. Because we already know all too well how ATT neuters them.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

agreed. I used to think that this ATT exclusivity relationship was a necessary evil. But Nokia has really stepped up the game and MS seems to be following suit. Their phones are generating a lot of buzz on their own. It's time to open up the floodgates and make some serious inroads with the high end hardware.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting for the Lytro-style Pelican imaging camera to arrive. The 2k display seems like overkill, but it's always nice to have top tier specs (whether we need them or not). It seems to be a natural human weakness to crave the newest, latest, greatest - hence, the spec wars. :(

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting for the Lytro-style Pelican imaging camera to arrive. The 2k display seems like overkill, but it's always nice to have top tier specs (whether we need them or not). It seems to be a natural human weakness to crave the newest, latest, greatest - hence, the spec wars. :(

Yeah, the 1020 should've had pelican technology! That would've been sweet!

Skunkwurx

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea, not surprised. You know, the model number doesn't even make sense to me. Since this would be a WP8.1 device, you'd think it would deserve incrementing the number to maybe xx3x or x3x.

I agree completely... I expect any 5" flagship to be a 93X variant... 1530 more like and weird to replace it so fast... we are over due the 63X 83X and 93X with 520 and 720 shown off at MWC 2013 something is coming.... this is like the longest they have gone with out a device release. That and the 929\Icon is nowhere to be seen.... Before Christmas I believed we would see WP8.1 at WMC 14 but Mary Jo seems adamant it will be April at Build. While I think she probably the one who would know what's going on I cant see them waiting that long... Especially if the rumours are true and they are going to show off Windows 9 at Build...

Back on topic, If this is true this could be the first time WP phone grabs the lead in a spec war, one that isn't camera orientated... but I don't think that will happen with out 8.1

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Spec guys are drooling over this but what about features? I am a feature guy. If said device has 32G of DDR5 Ram but still does the same thing it does not I wouldn't be to excited but then again if it had 1TB storage I would be excited cause it would be like an external HDD.

I

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Everybody assumes they know nokias number scheme but they really don't. Nokia went from 900 to 920. So what makes ppl think they'd go to 930? Why not 960 or 937? Can't base your belief of these rumors off of the number scheme

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
And to take that a step further, who gives a rat's a$$ what number they use? The capability will speak for itself. Call it the Nokia Lumia Prancing Pony for all I care.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Everybody assumes they know nokias number scheme but they really don't. Nokia went from 900 to 920. So what makes ppl think they'd go to 930? Why not 960 or 937? Can't base your belief of these rumors off of the number scheme

Especially that devices might not be called "Nokia Lumia", as Microsoft is taking over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99