Nokia Lumia 1520 mini on the way (Nokia Lumia 1520v)

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
i don't trust the source, as well as the 'mini' version of Lumia devices, only Samsung gives the 'mini' version and Sony with 'compact'. Nokia doesn't have that kind of production

Agreed with you, plus "mini" is very Apple product and sounds like a product to copycat Apple's or Samsung's junk. If Nokia really wants to produce something small, they can call it 1520b or 1510... whatever they want to call it. But mini is just BS.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I was really excited until I read there was no SD card slot. Damn it, Nokia. I love your phone, but I've yet to find the "perfect" one for me. I want killer camera quality WITH an SD card slot that isn't the size of the moon...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I would be very happy for those who love a "mini" sized phone like a 4.3".

Amazing to think that 4.3" is a small phone now. Just amazing.

But either the phone is much larger, or these specs are inacurrate. Not saying these things are IMPOSSIBLE, just IMPROBABLE.

WPUser3

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Looking forward to this .. specs look insane ...3000mAh battery !!!!

4,3" Amoled 1080p screen! ... hopefully the bezels will be nice and small

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Problem is that with everything they pack into their phones, they don't have any more room for an SD slot. :/
Still a bummer though, but if they release a 64gb version...

That sounds like the kind of lame excuse Nokia used last time 'microSD could not be put in because of design decisions' I call BS. If they can fit a damn microSD slot on the 520 they can fit it in a high end phone as well if they wanted to.

MicroSD slot is not huge so if they can't 'fit it' then they need to redesign the phone because it's a poor *** design if it does not support SD expansion and is limited to 32gb, especially for the top of the line most expensive phones.

All I can say is
The 1020 is a great phone, but it will be my last high end Nokia phone, I will not buy another one, unless it has microSD support; it's just way too limited with just 32gb of storage.

I loved the days when my Windows Mobile iPaq had both SD and CF slots. That was in 2003, Now it's 2014 and we are stuck with stupid 32gb only and no expansion possibilities WTF Nokia.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I loved the days when my Windows Mobile iPaq had both SD and CF slots. That was in 2003, Now it's 2014 and we are stuck with stupid 32gb only and no expansion possibilities WTF Nokia.
Yup, agreed too about the expansion or upgrade of hdd beyond 32GB. I never see a Nokia with 64GB or even with 128GB of expansion. The iPhone which i do not like it, can be bought with 128GB if you got the money. Hopefully now that Nokia Mobile will be part of Microsoft. Made a phone that can reach 64GB at least. 😉

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No idea how true this is as I know nothing about the source. Having something called a 'mini' seems out of character for Nokia though. Why not just give it another name?

Also with WP8.1 release so close what's the point?

As for the usual cries of no SD card, I'd rather more internal memory over an SD card any day. I hope to see SD cards disappear like floppy disks did from PCs.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
As for the usual cries of no SD card, I'd rather more internal memory over an SD card any day. I hope to see SD cards disappear like floppy disks did from PCs.
I only agree with you if we can buy the phone with 64GB or beyond that storage. I have not see a Nokia Lumia smartphone with 64GB in the US yet.

Last edited:

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I don't think it's true because the photo shows a 3rd live tile which is reportedly only available on devices with 5" or higher.
Microsoft recently confirmed to me that three columns of tiles for devices below 5-inches is not planned. The did a lot of quality assurance testing with it at smaller levels and they have concluded that the 3 column experience is ONLY for devices with a 5-inch (or larger) display. Sure, that might change, but this was from high up in the food chain and within the last 2 weeks. (At this point, the idea that the Lumia 920 or 1020 will officially get three rows, is a dead idea, AFAIK).

A "Lumia 1520v mini" also does NOT fit in with Nokia's naming schema. A 4.3" device is a whole other ballpark than a 1520 and I'm not sure why they'd call it a "mini" with the same name. Also, Nokia has been setting 4.5" and larger for their high-end phones, not 4.3" which is comparatively tiny by today's standards.

My personal opinion is that this rumor is complete crap, and I've heard nothing to suggest it's accurate (never heard of that site). It doesn't mean something like this is not in the works, but I've heard zero about it.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft recently confirmed to me that three columns of tiles for devices below 5-inches is not planned. The did a lot of quality assurance testing with it at smaller levels and they have concluded that the 3 column experience is ONLY for devices with a 5-inch (or larger) display. Sure, that might change, but this was from high up in the food chain and within the last 2 weeks. (At this point, the idea that the Lumia 920 or 1020 will officially get three rows, is a dead idea, AFAIK.

That does actually kind of bite, I was hoping, at least a little, that it was coming down the line. Ahh well, still happy with my 920, and that isn't changing any time soon. :D

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft recently confirmed to me that three columns of tiles for devices below 5-inches is not planned. The did a lot of quality assurance testing with it at smaller levels and they have concluded that the 3 column experience is ONLY for devices with a 5-inch (or larger) display. Sure, that might change, but this was from high up in the food chain and within the last 2 weeks. (At this point, the idea that the Lumia 920 or 1020 will officially get three rows, is a dead idea, AFAIK).

What about on devices like the 625 and Ativ S? I mean, they have such a big screen, but isn't taking advantage of more tile space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys need that much memory for?I don't get it, I have L928 that has 32gb, and I have 23gb FREE. Im absolutely not missing anything, I have apps I need, always backing up my media files (video/photos). Well i don't have any music (how many songs you need to fill up 32gb?) Not using my SkyDrives 7gb (never got 20gb or so MS was offering). The screen size is perfect for me, 4.3 I think it is)

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Phone usage varies from person to person. On my 720 I have apps installed which I use on a daily basis and some games because of the lower internal memory. I carry my music collection on my 32 GB memcard. And some large xap ex Asphalt, Dungeon hunter etc. On the other hand I have 21 GB of games installed on my 920 and some apps with some odd 6 GB free. I too didn't receive the free 20GB sky drive voucher. Running out of space there as well. So extra space is welcome for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett