SONY WP Device Speculations?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

So it been heard that SONY and MS are in talks about a WP device which SONY has made some prototype designs.

I'm very excited for this and cant wait to see if it ends up being a reality.

I would like SONY go with the same design as the Z1 and same for the internal or better, one thing that could be improve is the speaker I think good however could be better and some have issue with the screen with viewing angles which I dont have an issue with but others may do.

So what do think about the SONY WP device, keep the same design as the Z1, will they name it under the VAIO brand?

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
There is a lot of debate about this strategy. If OEM's just use the Android designs then WP really doesn't stand out as unique. It can also make more people get confused and think that WP is a version of Android (this is very common). However, this can allow WP to compete head to hear just based on OS. With all things the same, would someone pick Android or WP?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There is a lot of debate about this strategy. If OEM's just use the Android designs then WP really doesn't stand out as unique. It can also make more people get confused and think that WP is a version of Android (this is very common). However, this can allow WP to compete head to hear just based on OS. With all things the same, would someone pick Android or WP?

Good question SONY could help by branding it VAIO so customer/user will know it will be related to windows rather than android.

The design on the outside will be the key have it similar to the Z1 design or make slight changes to the Z1 design put keep the core intact or complete redeign.

I would like to what SONY would do call it under VAIO or call under Xperia however customers may get confuse with it called Xperia due to android, personally I would like it name VAIO.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Good question SONY could help by branding it VAIO so customer/user will know it will be related to windows rather than android.

The design on the outside will be the key have it similar to the Z1 design or make slight changes to the Z1 design put keep the core intact or complete redeign.

I would like to what SONY would do call it under VAIO or call under Xperia however customers may get confuse with it called Xperia due to android, personally I would like it name VAIO.

Sony is selling their computer division, so the VAIO name is going away (at least from Sony). I'm not sure what they'll call their phones.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

That is dumb. Time and time again, I have said on these boards....there is no reason for WP8 devices to match/beat Android devices in terms of hardware specs. Why get into all that bull****? Android is a RAM-hogging OS and one that needs lots of clock speed to run reasonably with no lag. This is not the case with WP8. So why get dragged into that? Already, I feel the Lumia 1520 going to a Snapdragon 800 was premature, but according to what I've read that was necessary specifically due to the severe lag experienced by the Lumia 1020 in handling the massive camera.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

That is dumb. Time and time again, I have said on these boards....there is no reason for WP8 devices to match/beat Android devices in terms of hardware specs. Why get into all that bull****? Android is a RAM-hogging OS and one that needs lots of clock speed to run reasonably with no lag. This is not the case with WP8. So why get dragged into that? Already, I feel the Lumia 1520 going to a Snapdragon 800 was premature, but according to what I've read that was necessary specifically due to the severe lag experienced by the Lumia 1020 in handling the massive camera.

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Kind of random, but what Microsoft should do is get a prototype phone running Windows OS without any logos on it and set up a test. Tell people it's the new android OS and ask for their opinion. Haha

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Sony is selling their computer division, so the VAIO name is going away (at least from Sony). I'm not sure what they'll call their phones.

Just read this morning makes most of my point irrelevant now. :/

Why couldn't I heard this earlier.

They will properly keep to the Xperia branding and call it the SONY XPERIA X1 or something like that.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

While the phone design may not stand out as unique, the phone function may. Imagine if someone has a Galaxy with Android and has to endure the lag that often comes to Android over time but can then see the same device running WP without the lag. If WP can be zippier on the same hardware and provide the apps people want (which will happen more and more as the platform grows) then having the same hardware and giving users an option when buying many phones is not a bad idea.

Wouldn't it be awesome for someone to go looking at a Galaxy and be shown a variety in Android and one in Windows? I think getting people to try WP is what matters. With the reactions I have gotten to my Windows Phones, I think many people would pick Windows Phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss