04-01-2014 11:32 PM
57 123
tools
    04-01-2014 11:17 AM
    Smartwatch will flop. They're absolutely useless, too expensive and looks awful. It's just bad. Hope Microsoft and Nokia don't waste their unlimited money cheat with this. Just my opinion.
    RJ Priest likes this.
    04-01-2014 02:26 PM
    Smartwatch will flop. They're absolutely useless, too expensive and looks awful. It's just bad. Hope Microsoft and Nokia don't waste their unlimited money cheat with this. Just my opinion.
    it might flop in whatever demographic you are in, but I'd welcome a well done smartwatch. I would buy it if it did the fitness stuff that a fitbit does. I'd also like it to connect to me phone via Bluetooth, so I could see alarms, texts, sports scores, weather updates and other bits of timely info at a glance without pulling my phone out of my bag or pocket.

Just bbecause YOU wouldn't use it, doesn't make it "useless".
    04-01-2014 02:32 PM
    it might flop in whatever demographic you are in, but I'd welcome a well done smartwatch. I would buy it if it did the fitness stuff that a fitbit does. I'd also like it to connect to me phone via Bluetooth, so I could see alarms, texts, sports scores, weather updates and other bits of timely info at a glance without pulling my phone out of my bag or pocket.

Just bbecause YOU wouldn't use it, doesn't make it "useless".

They're absolutely useless (...) my opinion
    It's not a painful thing pick our phones to do things like that. It's just useless like smartgoggles. My opinion again.
    04-01-2014 02:52 PM
    I think it's a timer app since all of the icons in the O are apps. Nokia China even announced a timer app so yeah
    04-01-2014 03:14 PM
    It's not a painful thing pick our phones to do things like that. It's just useless like smartgoggles. My opinion again.
    that is your opinion, but again useful for some, so not "useless". Useless is a boat with a giant hole in the bottom.

It's not that hard to do a lot of things. I *could* still carry a paper planner and pocket camera, but I don't. When I'm running, FitBit functionality would be great as would not having to grab my phone for a notification or to see a timer. There are loads of great uses for a device extension on the wrist.
    04-01-2014 07:02 PM
    I emailed elop about implementing a glance type feature for a smartwatch. It would turn on when watch is facing up or when vertical and off at other orientations. It would be gyroscope/accelerometer based instead of proximity based. I hope he incorporates the idea in a watch tomorrow!

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    04-01-2014 11:32 PM
57 123