Nokia hints a Smartwatch at more event.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I think that a smartwatch may be a bit of a leap here. The 4 identifiable logos are all exclusive Nokia apps, so the most logical assumption would be that the clock and the globe are new apps that they'll be unveiling, or a redesign of an existing app. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong though.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
So that new version of Nokia Camera, Nokia's own messaging app (remember in 8.1 you can now change the default messaging app), something about Nokia Mixradio, new version of Here Maps (that was leaked a while back), not sure about the clock and globe though. Perhaps Nokia Travel and Nokia Clock? We are missing a system clock app I suppose...

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
So that new version of Nokia Camera, Nokia's own messaging app (remember in 8.1 you can now change the default messaging app), something about Nokia Mixradio, new version of Here Maps (that was leaked a while back), not sure about the clock and globe though. Perhaps Nokia Travel and Nokia Clock? We are missing a system clock app I suppose...

just saying, you can't change the default messeging app, that was wrongly interpreted.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Interesting , google recently announced android smart watch sdk , so it's right time for nokia /Microsoft to step up further get into action , nice catch taymur :)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The fact is that there is goldfinger, a device, which kinda sounds like an accessory, has no buttons, will be revealed at build.... All coincidence?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The fact is that there is goldfinger, a device, which kinda sounds like an accessory, has no buttons, will be revealed at build.... All coincidence?

Gold-finger ,
I am assuming by finger they mean hand , gold umm may be a colour option to make it look more attractive :p

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
As much as I want this to be true I think it is a case of simply seeing what you want to see. Remember the "time machine" campaign for the Lumia 900?

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Daniel just posted on twitter:

Daniel Rubino ‏@Daniel_Rubino ? 2m
Wearables from Nokia won't be until later this year, not at Build. But they may make some app announcements.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking that Daniel usually says something for ridicules threads like these by saying fake or something, sadly he says that this is not a watch, but as lots of people here suggested that these are apps, just like the rest of the logos are. Hope they are cool apps.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't expect a smartwatch from Nokia for this event. I mean, MixRadio, Maps, etc. is software. I think it will be something like a clock app. (what sounds a bit disappointing lol)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't expect a smartwatch from Nokia for this event. I mean, MixRadio, Maps, etc. is software. I think it will be something like a clock app. (what sounds a bit disappointing lol)

Yeah, but since when was a clock app considered a thing.... it will be very funny if they said well we made you a clock app, or an alarm app, unless its something out of the world.

On the other hand, the Globe logo, to me looks like something that has to do with the web browser.... I cant wait....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)