Nokia Monarch

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Would you not agree that they received a flagship when they got the 925?

Yes, a variant of the original 920, 6 months after its release.
I'm not saying that they never receive NOKIA flagship phones, just saying that they never receive them first and I don't believe that will change now.

Justin Brennan

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I usually get Androids due to specs but I prefer the Windows OS. However, lack of a current high-end T-Mobile tailored Windows Phone left me with the Nexus 5. However if the Monarch is in fact a high end device it would be a really compelling offer. I usually actually use a Windows OS styled home screen over my phones because I prefer the moving tiles and whatnot.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
If it is a 930 variant... I'll go for an unlocked international 930. I don't trust TMO to support the device before the year ends. They've screwed me over with the 810, and I'm not sure I'm in the mood to play this game again. I have my doubts over the flagship aspect as well.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
!!! something new to aim for.
I hope T-Mobile jumps into the WinPhone game heavier now that all this news is on the horizon.

I'm wondering if T-Mobile looks at WP as a moneymaker or just a staple choice for the occasional consumer?
Maybe someday we will start seeing "Get the new Windows Phone here" at the top of the carrier websites instead of you know who ...
If wishes were fishes

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's probably a 630 variant as an upgrade to the 520. I think it was just leaked in china at $150. Looks like a reasonable replacement to the 520.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Monarch is a power word for a powerful phone.

It's also a word that gets its head chopped off, or is at best, a figurehead. Let's not put stock in a code name. A small bock isn't small, and the Earth Dreams isn't either of those. Name aside. TMO isn't know for grabbing the flagships right of the bat. So them managing to get a 929/Icon/930 variant right of the bat is kinda strange. I think this might be either a 630 or maybe even an 810 successor? I'll keep my pessimism until proven wrong.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I'm expecting: 4.5-5" 1080p screen, same internals as 1520 and Icon, 20mp camera, 16gb with addition of microSD slot and I would wish for Qi charging but not a deal breaker for me. With ATT getting the 1520 and Verizon getting the Icon, I would believe T-Mobile is smart enough to know that the majority of its Windows Phone customers don't want anything less than a flagship and not another 925 debacle where they cut the internal storage by half with no storage expansion option. I personally will be switching to Android if this turns out to be the case. I love WP but I will not settle for anything less than the best on my network without having to go through the process of buying off contract and unlocking.(I have an unlocked Lumia 920 that I promised myself would be my last off contract/unlocked device) Plus the Z2 is freaking sexy.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers