Should we wait for "Goldfinger"?

Blake Quartly

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
So there's rumors of a 3D gesture Lumia I'm sure all of you have heard about. However recently people have been saying it won't come till late this year or early next. So I have an embarrassing Lumia 820 and think I'd like to update to the Goldfinger. But was hoping for the new device in the coming months. If anyone thinks it's a long shot (should we even trust these sources?) I'm very happy to get the "930 - martini". Essentially I really want a new phone in a month or two. But what if Goldfinger comes out a couple of months after that? Then I'll be annoyed....

Anyone else in the same situation?

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I - for one - was completely disappointed that the phones with any innovations that don't have just increased iterations of specs won't come out till later this year or early next year. Want something cool. The 3D gesture sounds kind of gimmicky and I definitely don't want a fingerprint reader or styli

Blake Quartly

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Agreed for the most part. Yeah the 3D thing is pretty gimmicky haha, I think I'd like a fingerprint scanner though... Quicker to unlock.

Would be nice to have some innovation though, like you say. Perhaps Microsoft is the one with the technology, and so the acquisition of Nokia has to be completed before they start putting it into Nokia phones? Just a thought.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, let this batch of phones be "catch up" phones, Nokia needs it, and let them keep "baking" on the innovative phones for the end of the year, it's actually like Nokia to do this - the Lumia 1020 is a prime example, while the 9xx series of phones we're catch up phones. I say let it be, let Nokia do what they do best, and amaze us all throughout the year of 2014!

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So there's rumors of a 3D gesture Lumia I'm sure all of you have heard about. However recently people have been saying it won't come till late this year or early next. So I have an embarrassing Lumia 820 and think I'd like to update to the Goldfinger. But was hoping for the new device in the coming months. If anyone thinks it's a long shot (should we even trust these sources?) I'm very happy to get the "930 - martini". Essentially I really want a new phone in a month or two. But what if Goldfinger comes out a couple of months after that? Then I'll be annoyed....

Anyone else in the same situation?

You can always buy the Martini and sell it when the GoldFinger gets released

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll not wait for it because I've been waiting for a new WP since last August and Goldfinger is only coming next year. No way I'll wait so long!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
They may have given the variant (925) to other carriers first. But when it comes to new flagships which are true successors of past devices (900, 920, 930?) they always go to AT&T first. And new flagships don't usually come along with their variants. It takes a few good months for them to come.

Blake Quartly

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Man it sucks that you guys have to worry about which carrier phones will be on. That's the one good thing we have in New Zealand. All phones are unlocked.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm in Europe, I don't have to worry about it. I'll get my 930 unlocked, that's for sure. I'm just saying that I don't think T-Mobile customers in the US will be lucky this time. Think AT&T has more reasons to be happy.

Anyway, I don't understand how the US people can stand this situation! It's such a limitation to their choice! Completely tied by their carriers.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Read a rumor on Twitter than the goal is actually to get Goldfinger out by the end of the year. Who knows if it'll happen.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm in Europe, I don't have to worry about it. I'll get my 930 unlocked, that's for sure. I'm just saying that I don't think T-Mobile customers in the US will be lucky this time. Think AT&T has more reasons to be happy.

Anyway, I don't understand how the US people can stand this situation! It's such a limitation to their choice! Completely tied by their carriers.

Well, not all of us play the carrier game. MVNOs all the way for me... total freedom of choice, plus I save a few $$$.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, not all of us play the carrier game. MVNOs all the way for me... total freedom of choice, plus I save a few $$$.

But as far as I understand that's not what the majority of people do there. And I wonder why. Is it only because of the subsidised prices of the devices?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
But as far as I understand that's not what the majority of people do there. And I wonder why. Is it only because of the subsidised prices of the devices?

You're correct, most go the carrier route here. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. The only justification I can see for it is if they're on a family plan. Some of those are decent deals. But even the best family plans won't be cheaper per person than an MVNO. As an individual, I'd have to pay more than double per month with AT&T for the same services. The phone easily pays for itself within a year.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Well I also have Lumia 820 and I might buy Goldfinger. I'm still 1 year on contract( L820 will be year old in a week) and if it get's relesed at the end of this year price will might come down before I will buy it.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo