Should we wait for "Goldfinger"?

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm in Europe, I don't have to worry about it. I'll get my 930 unlocked, that's for sure. I'm just saying that I don't think T-Mobile customers in the US will be lucky this time. Think AT&T has more reasons to be happy.

Anyway, I don't understand how the US people can stand this situation! It's such a limitation to their choice! Completely tied by their carriers.

It's because Americans don't want to pay full price for phones. The carriers subsidize them based on contracts and they want to have leverage, thus they won't push a phone that someone can just buy at another carrier. Exceptions happen when a phone's sales get to the point where the OEM has more leverage than the carrier (iPhone & Samsung).

Nokia still needs carrier marketing dollars and carrier placement in stores and they won't do it without a differentiating product, aka exclusive.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920 and my contract still lasts a year, this combined with the fact that the 930 may be just 4.5" again got me convinced to just wait and see what that goldfinger is all about

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon