08-19-2014 02:04 AM
163 1234 ...
tools
    The Sony Flagship WP better be June, and not October..
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-08-2014 04:58 PM
    This is awesome. Nokia can't be the only major player in the WP game. More competition is certainly welcome!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-08-2014 04:59 PM
    so far apps are the only way to differentiate phone manufacturer. Hope they can have some PS oriented apps
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-08-2014 05:39 PM
    Sony phones are very expensive.
    04-08-2014 06:05 PM
    I wonder will they bring a new design for their WP phones, or will they just slap WP8.1 on their Xperia Z2?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:17 PM
    I don't think they are there the same price as other phones that are high, medium and low end devices.
    04-08-2014 06:29 PM
    I wonder will they bring a new design for their WP phones, or will they just slap WP8.1 on their Xperia Z2?
    I wouldn't mind a different change to the design but I love the Z2 design so I'm happy either way.

I would just me happy they are releasing a WP device.
    04-08-2014 06:30 PM
    The Sony Flagship WP better be June, and not October..
    I want it to be May! ;)

I hope it does come out June only a few month to found out.
    04-08-2014 06:31 PM
    This is awesome. Nokia can't be the only major player in the WP game. More competition is certainly welcome!
    It definitely welcome and I can see SONY being very successful with WP in Europe.
    04-08-2014 06:32 PM
    so far apps are the only way to differentiate phone manufacturer. Hope they can have some PS oriented apps
    I can see SONY including there own apps exclusively like SONY Music Unlimited, SONY Video Unlimited and many more they have as well.

The PS app I can see being available for all WP8.1 devices or exclusive for a while on the SONY WP device.
    04-08-2014 06:34 PM
    Really hoping Sony gets on the track.
    Always had great success with anything Sony.

Almost anything Sony makes can become timeless if it finds consumer success.
    Came close to getting a Zdevice prior to walking away from Bugdroid.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:34 PM
    I'm excited by the idea of getting Sony WP 8.1 devices. I want to jump ship from Samsung to Nokia for the camera, but Sony is the one OEM who could rival Nokia in the camera department. I'm in love with AMOLED though, and to my knowledge, Sony only has LCD technology.
    SONY would a great competitor for Nokia!

SONY only use LCD display for there devices they wont use an amoled display, I prefer LCD to amoled anyway but that more of a personally choice for people.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:38 PM
    I'm a Microsoft guy through and through. But I have a great appreciation for Sony phones and Sony TV's. Make the phone happen, Sony! Might make me switch from Nokia.

Edit: I really hope at least one of these is a high-end device with capacitive buttons and a camera button.
    SONY prefer to use on screen buttons for there device however they always keep the hardware camera button which is great!
    Guytronic and hidayat225 like this.
    04-08-2014 06:41 PM
    I was excited when the rumor first started, a little more excited as the news leaked a little more here and there, and I am still excited. Sony as a company puts out dependable hardware, and they provided great customer service in my experince with them. My son had 2 Sony Androids, and their call quality and durability was great. The one problem we had- a broken battery cover on his Sony Xperia Play- was replaced no questions asked and promptly.

I will happily give a Sony a shot. If Lenovo does a "Motorola" branded WP, I am willing to look there as well.

Fun times could be coming for our favorite OS if all breaks well....
    That the experience I have had with SONY as well and for that they got my loyalty!
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:42 PM
    Remember this story: Sony and Microsoft reportedly in talks for a Windows Phone device in 2014 | Windows Phone Central

Sounds like it might be happening. I don't know a lot of people who have Sony phones (being in the US). Maybe pushing WP could be a way to help gain more exposure in the mobile market in the US.
    I definitely remember that story I was so excited I kept looking for more information then this tweet came out I'm very excited it been bits of information which has built up my excitement.

SONY very popular in the UK I see many SONY devices out in the wild. I think SONY will push WP sales even more in Europe since they are very popular.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:46 PM
    That would be cool, but the PS app better come to all of WP8.1, not just Sony.

Sent from my SONY PlayStation 4 using WPCentral Forums
    The PS app could go two ways be released for all WP8.1 devices or be exclusive to SONY WP devices for a limited time.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:47 PM
    Really hope this pans out. I think this could be really good for the platform if it does.
    This would be perfect for the platform and push more sales for WP in the UK and Europe since there very popular there.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:48 PM
    Really hoping Sony gets on the track.
    Always had great success with anything Sony.

Almost anything Sony makes can become timeless if it finds consumer success.
    Came close to getting a Zdevice prior to walking away from Bugdroid.
    Same for me SONY are outstanding and I did get a Z1 for a short while however android was too horrible to use so got my money back the Z1 and the SONY exclusive apps were outstanding.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 06:50 PM
    Same for me SONY are outstanding and I did get a Z1 for a short while however android was too horrible to use so got my money back the Z1 and the SONY exclusive apps were outstanding.
    Ooooo ...
    The Sony Tablet Z\Z2 are such a great pieces of hardware although pricey.
    Just holding one you feel like it will last into eons of time

My Surface reminds me slightly of the Xperia Z so there's a bit of satisfaction there.
    Come on Sony!!!
    04-08-2014 07:01 PM
    Ooooo ...
    The Sony Tablet Z\Z2 are such a great pieces of hardware although pricey.
    Just holding one you feel like it will last into eons of time

My Surface reminds me slightly of the Xperia Z so there's a bit of satisfaction there.
    Come on Sony!!!
    I would love a SONY Tablet Z2 with Windows RT the tablet Z2 looks awesome and a beautiful piece of hardware!
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-08-2014 07:18 PM
    They didn't sell the brand name. But just their hardware division pretty much
    Actually Sony did sell the VAIO brand too. They sold the division with everything within it. What they spinned-off was their TV division.

They are also very good. It's one of those things where the price is justified by the quality and elegance of the hardware. But they are definitely not phones for emerging markets. In that sense, Sony's offerings are more in like with Apple's offerings than Nokia's.

I will keep cautions about these rumours about Sony Windows Phones. Their phones are the ones I will be jumping to once Nokia leaves the mobile manufacturing business, regardless of them being Android or not. However, well, if Sony gives me a Z2 Compact running Windows Phone, I might just as well stay within the same OS I've been using.

I just don't believe a Sony phone will come that soon. There are more difficult things to be negotiated between Microsoft and Sony when it comes to producing a WP than the licencing fees.
    There's the entire matter of Xbox VS PlayStation. The console wars has reflections on both companies mobile services. Sony has on their phones, and for PlayStation, the same thing Microsoft currently has on Windows Phones with Xbox (Music, Video and Games).

For Sony to produce Windows Phones, Microsoft will have to allow them to remove the Xbox offerings from the OS (which with 8.1 IS possible) and have them replaced with Sony's PlayStation offerings. Will Microsoft concede to that? That's the biggest IF when it comes to the production of a Windows Phone by Sony.

Of course, it would be possible for Sony to release the phone with Xbox stuff in it. I just don't think Sony is that stupid and definitely isn't that desperate.

We'll wait and see. Also, Sony renews their flagships every 6 months on Android (that's why if you want to have always the latest specs on Android, you go Sony)...if they do the same cycle with Windows Phones, I can see a lot of people complaining "but I just bought this flagship 4 months ago!".

Well, fingers crossed...
    BIGPADDY and Dadstar0410 like this.
    04-08-2014 08:24 PM
    BP that's something great news for you mate
    Guytronic and BIGPADDY like this.
    04-08-2014 11:29 PM
    SONY prefer to use on screen buttons for there device however they always keep the hardware camera button which is great!
    That's a big deal for me. I really don't like on-screen buttons. I don't know what it is, but capacitive buttons really just say premium to me. If Sony devices only came with on-screen buttons, I'd have to pass.
    04-09-2014 10:26 AM
    I don't think Sony was on that long list of new OEMs at Build keynote, I was specifically looking for it. Maybe it wasn't confirmed yet, maybe they wanted to keep it a surprise, who knows, I'm excited to see what happens. More OEMs (especially major ones) are certainly good for the platform, and by WP gaining users, I'm sure even banks are going to start making apps for it :)
    04-09-2014 10:42 AM
    I don't think Sony was on that long list of new OEMs at Build keynote, I was specifically looking for it. Maybe it wasn't confirmed yet, maybe they wanted to keep it a surprise, who knows, I'm excited to see what happens. More OEMs (especially major ones) are certainly good for the platform, and by WP gaining users, I'm sure even banks are going to start making apps for it :)
    No they weren't I think there going to be the surprise or there getting the apps and such ready who knows.

anyway I'm leaning towards it being a surprise!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    04-09-2014 03:32 PM
163 1234 ...