08-19-2014 03:04 AM
163 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Sony VAIO would be better.
    from desktop to tablet to WP.. they should have the same naming system IMO. hehe.

Sony VAIO one. lol
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-12-2014 11:56 AM
    from desktop to tablet to WP.. they should have the same naming system IMO. hehe.

Sony VAIO one. lol
    VAIO would be a better name to use.
    04-12-2014 07:22 PM
    Branding is always hard.
    That's why Nokia has never changed their use of the numbering tradition even with the Lumia line. People got used to that.

As for Sony...VAIO would be the logical choice until the selling off of the PC division. I haven't the faintest clue as to what Sony might choose but they're normally good at branding stuff.
    The only thing that comes to mind is Sony dedicating the W to Windows Phones. Since W was never used in the Xperia line I think Sony W2 could be it. And if they're clever enough, they might even keep the Xperia brand as long as they make it very clear that the W line is for Windows Phone.
    doesn't Huawei have a phone named the W2 though?
    04-12-2014 07:24 PM

Sony VAIO one. lol
    lol it would, except Sony no longer owns the VAIO brand. As far as I know, the Japanese consortium that bought their PC division also bought the brand and unlike their TV division, the PC division is not controlled by Sony at all anymore.

doesn't Huawei have a phone named the W2 though?
    They do. But then again, there are a lot of "One's" now. So if Sony used the Xperia branding, the W could be used.

Besides, Sony targets very different markets. Huawei is practically non-existent in the markets where Sony is stronger and would likely bring WP to - Europe and Japan. Sony doesn't sell in China and I doubt they'll take WP to the USA since they did say they would rather direct their biggest efforts towards markets that are willing to nourish Sony products. Which is also why you don't see Sony very concerned about taking the Z2 to the US.

So an Xperia W wouldn't be a problem. After all, you can't trademark alphabet letters anyway.
    04-12-2014 07:58 PM
    In WP8.1 games now show up in the app list now that interesting so I suppose Xbox Games might be able to be removed and perhaps PlayStation Mobile will be default that just my thought of course.

What do you think?
    04-14-2014 10:40 AM
    In WP8.1 games now show up in the app list now that interesting so I suppose Xbox Games might be able to be removed and perhaps PlayStation Mobile will be default that just my thought of course.

What do you think?
    Yes, that was expected just as the removal of video & music from the core-OS. Which is why I said Microsoft would have to allow Sony to replace the apps. If those things had not been removed from the core-OS, I'm pretty sure Sony wouldn't even be an option as a WP OEM. ;)

Lets see if Microsoft allows Sony to replace Xbox apps with PlayStation (the way Nokia prevents Samsung owners from accessing their apps) and a Sony phone arrives.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-14-2014 10:46 AM
    Yes, that was expected just as the removal of video & music from the core-OS. Which is why I said Microsoft would have to allow Sony to replace the apps. If those things had not been removed from the core-OS, I'm pretty sure Sony wouldn't even be an option as a WP OEM. ;)

Lets see if Microsoft allows Sony to replace Xbox apps with PlayStation (the way Nokia prevents Samsung owners from accessing their apps) and a Sony phone arrives.
    It looking highly likely which should be great!
    04-14-2014 12:34 PM
    I'm a playstation user and if thats true this OS getting more nicer.

Now its hard for me,to choose between Sony n Nokia in the near future as Sony is actually my personal favorite since past few yrs.

It'll be one great dilemma
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-15-2014 09:00 AM

Now its hard for me,to choose between Sony n Nokia in the near future as Sony is actually my personal favorite since past few yrs.

Well, since in a few months Nokia will be leaving the smartphone business, I think your dilemma will be solved. Since Nokia won't exist anymore as an OEM, only Sony is left ;)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:26 PM
    Well, since in a few months Nokia will be leaving the smartphone business, I think your dilemma will be solved. Since Nokia won't exist anymore as an OEM, only Sony is left ;)
    And at that point it'll be Nokia's production & developer team under the Microsoft name.

So our choices will be Sony or Microsoft. I know that's not what you want to hear DJCBS, but it's the truth. The future is bright.
    04-15-2014 02:29 PM
    And at that point it'll be Nokia's production & developer team under the Microsoft name.

So our choices will be Sony or Microsoft. I know that's not what you want to hear DJCBS, but it's the truth. The future is bright.
    I will be choosing SONY since there my all time favourite company.
    04-15-2014 03:49 PM

It looking good for WP8.1 and SONY!

Looking forward to June each day.
    04-15-2014 03:54 PM
    I read on a site that SONY has a small productions of SONY WP8.1 devices about a thousand if I can found the site I will add it to the thread.

What do you think about this?
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    04-15-2014 03:56 PM
    I read on a site that SONY has a small productions of SONY WP8.1 devices about a thousand if I can found the site I will add it to the thread.

I'd love to see the source.
    04-15-2014 04:08 PM
    I'm going to have to find it I look at so many sites I lost track of which one I came across, it possible an assumption from a website I will have to find the source.
    04-15-2014 04:24 PM
    Here one of the sources:

Login to DIGITIMES archive & research
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    04-15-2014 04:37 PM
    Lets be honest. No one is going to buy a console gaming system because of a phone. I don't think Microsoft or Sony will care that each other's system is on their phone. If anything, its better for microsoft because they can get people who already own PS4's in their system. I really can't wait for a Sony phone with WP.
    BIGPADDY and RJ Priest like this.
    04-15-2014 04:44 PM

Nop. It will be people who used to work for Nokia that went to work for Microsoft. Just like others went to work for Jolla, Apple, Samsung etc etc throughout the years. That did NOT make those phones Nokia just like it won't make any Microsoft-produced phones a Nokia.

So no, if the choice is between Nokia and Sony, only Sony will be available. Otherwise it will be Sony or any other WP OEM (Microsoft, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, LG or one of those small indian ones).

Myself I'll only remain with Windows Phone if Sony releases a Windows Phone. They're the only OEM to whom I recognize enough merit and quality to fill the space left vacant by Nokia (I have tons of Sony hardware and some of it still works flawlessly despite being really old. And I mean decades old.)

I take that with a ton of salt. And I also don't believe the site when they say Sony will focus on the US while Microsoft takes care of Japan. If anything it will be the other way around. At any rate, I think any Sony WP will probably launch in Europe and Japan before ever arriving to the US.
    04-15-2014 05:40 PM
    I take that with a ton of salt. And I also don't believe the site when they say Sony will focus on the US while Microsoft take care of Japan. If anything it will be the other way around. At any rate, I think any Sony WP will probably launch in Europe and Japan before ever arriving to the US.
    Of course so however the amount they will produce and the devices seem about right. I think the writer properly mixed up the bit about MS taking care of Japan and SONY for the US.
    04-15-2014 06:11 PM
    Sony is so much more than just Playstation. I should be able to have a Sony WindowsPhone and retain the Xbox apps. It's (hopefully) not a limited "Playstation" phone. It's a phone, not a gaming console. If a Sony WP device removed / blocked the Xbox apps, that would limit potential consumer sales. I'm stretching it a bit here, but it is in a similar vein to the scenario of Sony blocking their TV's and home theatre systems (of which I own) from working with Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Sony's phone division should be no different from the TV / Audio / Camera divisions. Phones do not equal Playstations, just as a Sony point-and-shoot or SLR camera is not a Playstation camera.
    BIGPADDY and Blu3V3nom07 like this.
    04-15-2014 06:37 PM
    Sony is so much more than just Playstation. I should be able to have a Sony WindowsPhone and retain the Xbox apps. It's (hopefully) not a limited "Playstation" phone. It's a phone, not a gaming console. If a Sony WP device removed / blocked the Xbox apps, that would limit potential consumer sales. I'm stretching it a bit here, but it is in a similar vein to the scenario of Sony blocking their TV's and home theatre systems (of which I own) from working with Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Sony's phone division should be no different from the TV / Audio / Camera divisions. Phones do not equal Playstations, just as a Sony point-and-shoot or SLR camera is not a Playstation camera.
    That a great point!
    04-17-2014 07:09 PM

THIS! Xbox games are a strong selling point of the OS, not the phone. If sony phones do not have this they lose a key selling point of the OS thus potentially shooting themselves in the foot in terms of phone sales.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-18-2014 01:21 PM
    Well, personally I've always rocked the Xperia phones that are waterproof. Their laptops were nice but overpriced for what you get, but I'm a sucker when it comes to Sony hardware. Especially the latest designs really appeal to me (not to mention the good music quality and decent camera's).

If they start to make Windows Phones, I'll definitely toss my 8X out and trade it for something that resembles the Xperia Z1 compact or Z2!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-18-2014 02:44 PM
    THIS! Xbox games are a strong selling point of the OS, not the phone. If sony phones do not have this they lose a key selling point of the OS thus potentially shooting themselves in the foot in terms of phone sales.
    On the other hand, having PS games there instead will be a bigger calling for all the Windows users that do NOT like or own an Xbox but do a PlayStation. And Microsoft's lack of commitment to Xbox Games on Windows Phone should be more than enough to see that Xbox games aren't definitely a selling point for WP.
    04-18-2014 04:23 PM
    On the other hand, having PS games there instead will be a bigger calling for all the Windows users that do NOT like or own an Xbox but do a PlayStation. And Microsoft's lack of commitment to Xbox Games on Windows Phone should be more than enough to see that Xbox games aren't definitely a selling point for WP.
    A bunch of new Xbox games are on their way/recently arrived. I didn't say omit PS games, give both. Cutting one will only risk sales. I am an xbox guy, and I would HIGHLY consider a Sony phone (the only OEM that can rival Nokia in build quality) as long as they allowed me to maintain my ecosystem of devices.
    04-18-2014 05:51 PM
163 ... 23456 ...