SONY Windows Phone 8.1 devices suggested July release tweeted by Tom Warren

RedVagabond

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: SONY Windows Phone 8.1 devices suggested June release tweeted by Tom Warren

I would very much enjoy a Z2 with WP8 on it. Even though I'm not a fan of large phones (have a Q10) that thing looks beautiful and all the Sony stuff I've had has been great.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking SONY will include there services exclusively to there devices if they release a WP8.1 device at June such as Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited etc.

Which would be great if they include music unlimited because I pay monthly for it.

That would be cool, but the PS app better come to all of WP8.1, not just Sony.

Sent from my SONY PlayStation 4 using WPCentral Forums

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

That would be cool, but the PS app better come to all of WP8.1, not just Sony.

Sent from my SONY PlayStation 4 using WPCentral Forums

I think the PS app will come to all WP devices or it will be exclusive for the SONY WP device at first then be released to all WP devices same for the other exclusive apps as well.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I was excited when the rumor first started, a little more excited as the news leaked a little more here and there, and I am still excited. Sony as a company puts out dependable hardware, and they provided great customer service in my experince with them. My son had 2 Sony Androids, and their call quality and durability was great. The one problem we had- a broken battery cover on his Sony Xperia Play- was replaced no questions asked and promptly.

I will happily give a Sony a shot. If Lenovo does a "Motorola" branded WP, I am willing to look there as well.

Fun times could be coming for our favorite OS if all breaks well....

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

The Sony Flagship WP better be June, and not October..

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

This is awesome. Nokia can't be the only major player in the WP game. More competition is certainly welcome!

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

so far apps are the only way to differentiate phone manufacturer. Hope they can have some PS oriented apps

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

I wonder will they bring a new design for their WP phones, or will they just slap WP8.1 on their Xperia Z2?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I wonder will they bring a new design for their WP phones, or will they just slap WP8.1 on their Xperia Z2?

I wouldn't mind a different change to the design but I love the Z2 design so I'm happy either way.

I would just me happy they are releasing a WP device.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

This is awesome. Nokia can't be the only major player in the WP game. More competition is certainly welcome!

It definitely welcome and I can see SONY being very successful with WP in Europe.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

so far apps are the only way to differentiate phone manufacturer. Hope they can have some PS oriented apps

I can see SONY including there own apps exclusively like SONY Music Unlimited, SONY Video Unlimited and many more they have as well.

The PS app I can see being available for all WP8.1 devices or exclusive for a while on the SONY WP device.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Really hoping Sony gets on the track.
Always had great success with anything Sony.

Almost anything Sony makes can become timeless if it finds consumer success.
Came close to getting a Zdevice prior to walking away from Bugdroid.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm excited by the idea of getting Sony WP 8.1 devices. I want to jump ship from Samsung to Nokia for the camera, but Sony is the one OEM who could rival Nokia in the camera department. I'm in love with AMOLED though, and to my knowledge, Sony only has LCD technology.

SONY would a great competitor for Nokia!

SONY only use LCD display for there devices they wont use an amoled display, I prefer LCD to amoled anyway but that more of a personally choice for people.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm a Microsoft guy through and through. But I have a great appreciation for Sony phones and Sony TV's. Make the phone happen, Sony! Might make me switch from Nokia.

Edit: I really hope at least one of these is a high-end device with capacitive buttons and a camera button.

SONY prefer to use on screen buttons for there device however they always keep the hardware camera button which is great!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I was excited when the rumor first started, a little more excited as the news leaked a little more here and there, and I am still excited. Sony as a company puts out dependable hardware, and they provided great customer service in my experince with them. My son had 2 Sony Androids, and their call quality and durability was great. The one problem we had- a broken battery cover on his Sony Xperia Play- was replaced no questions asked and promptly.

I will happily give a Sony a shot. If Lenovo does a "Motorola" branded WP, I am willing to look there as well.

Fun times could be coming for our favorite OS if all breaks well....

That the experience I have had with SONY as well and for that they got my loyalty!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Remember this story: Sony and Microsoft reportedly in talks for a Windows Phone device in 2014 | Windows Phone Central

Sounds like it might be happening. I don't know a lot of people who have Sony phones (being in the US). Maybe pushing WP could be a way to help gain more exposure in the mobile market in the US.

I definitely remember that story I was so excited I kept looking for more information then this tweet came out I'm very excited it been bits of information which has built up my excitement.

SONY very popular in the UK I see many SONY devices out in the wild. I think SONY will push WP sales even more in Europe since they are very popular.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle