SONY Windows Phone 8.1 devices suggested July release tweeted by Tom Warren

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: SONY Windows Phone 8.1 devices suggested June release tweeted by Tom Warren

On the other hand, having PS games there instead will be a bigger calling for all the Windows users that do NOT like or own an Xbox but do a PlayStation. And Microsoft's lack of commitment to Xbox Games on Windows Phone should be more than enough to see that Xbox games aren't definitely a selling point for WP.

Xbox games for WP is the same for PlayStation Mobile games on android they both lack commitment and content. I don't see PlayStation Mobile being a big selling point for a SONY WP device the other services such as sony music unlimited, sony video unlimited, PlayStation app etc will attract the most attention and bring those users that wouldn't come due to these services not being on WP.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well, personally I've always rocked the Xperia phones that are waterproof. Their laptops were nice but overpriced for what you get, but I'm a sucker when it comes to Sony hardware. Especially the latest designs really appeal to me (not to mention the good music quality and decent camera's).

If they start to make Windows Phones, I'll definitely toss my 8X out and trade it for something that resembles the Xperia Z1 compact or Z2!

Definitely I took a look at the SONY Tap 11 and loved it the screen was fantastic (prefer it more than my Surface 2) and the kickstand I really like as well however it to pricey at ?749 to buy especially when there pc division now sold if it goes on discount to ?499 or less I would consider.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Xbox games for WP is the same for PlayStation Mobile games on android they both lack commitment and content. I don't see PlayStation Mobile being a big selling point for a SONY WP device the other services such as sony music unlimited, sony video unlimited, PlayStation app etc will attract the most attention and bring those users that wouldn't come due to these services not being on WP.

Yes, that's true. Though we don't really know how things will be in the future with this reorganization of Sony. Their commitment of betting more on mobile and leave PCs behind is surely - I hope - going to mean more dedicated Sony content on both their smartphone and tablet offerings. Since they already have the smashingly popular PlayStation brand with them and on mobile devices, it seems to me like the logical step to bring those services closer together.

But hey...that would also be the logical step for Microsoft and look what they did. So I'm not putting my hands over fire for Sony either. I just hope they learn from the mistakes of others.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, that's true. Though we don't really know how things will be in the future with this reorganization of Sony. Their commitment of betting more on mobile and leave PCs behind is surely - I hope - going to mean more dedicated Sony content on both their smartphone and tablet offerings. Since they already have the smashingly popular PlayStation brand with them and on mobile devices, it seems to me like the logical step to bring those services closer together.

But hey...that would also be the logical step for Microsoft and look what they did. So I'm not putting my hands over fire for Sony either. I just hope they learn from the mistakes of others.

Yeah MS have messed up with WP and Xbox I see there trying to fix the issue but that looking to be an impossible task especially when there been little Xbox games released and developers like gameloft releasing games without Xbox, not sure what SONY will do I see there pushing with the PS Vita as much as possible however lacking on the mobile front they may start pushing mobile during E3 but I'm not sure at the moment on there plan. However with the success of the PS4 I can see a closer tie in with mobile so it may happen sooner the push for mobile and better PlayStation Mobile integration or they maybe put off by WP and Xbox unsuccessfulness and want to take there time with such an integration.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Haven't heard or seen any news lately about this however "no news is good news".

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

A Sony Windows Phone could be amazing... I love their Xperia portfolio , with Windows Phone it'll be even cooler :p

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

A Sony Windows Phone could be amazing... I love their Xperia portfolio , with Windows Phone it'll be even cooler :p

I really like the SONY Xperia Z1 Compact would be great to have WP on it, I was thinking of getting it for a family member however I'm going to wait and see if they release a model similar with WP on it.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Haven't heard or seen any news lately about this however "no news is good news".

Well...maybe. Though Sony is pretty good at failing to prevent leaks...the fact that we haven't heard anything worries me a bit.

I really like the SONY Xperia Z1 Compact would be great to have WP on it, I was thinking of getting it for a family member however I'm going to wait and see if they release a model similar with WP on it.

The Z1 Compact is an awesome phone. And the Z2 Compact will be even better, now that Sony finally got rid of those irritating "anti-shatter" plastic sheets they had over the phones that not only scratched really really easily, but also diminished the premium quality of the phone.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Well...maybe. Though Sony is pretty good at failing to prevent leaks...the fact that we haven't heard anything worries me a bit.

The Z1 Compact is an awesome phone. And the Z2 Compact will be even better, now that Sony finally got rid of those irritating "anti-shatter" plastic sheets they had over the phones that not only scratched really really easily, but also diminished the premium quality of the phone.

Agreed, that anti-shatter sheet was a pain and the first thing to take off of my Sony phones if I had the chance. I understand the philosophy behind it being good (iPhones just explode into frag grenades when they hit the floor, as I witnessed yesterday) but the fact that it scratched so easily always turned me off.

And yes, anxious to see what Sony brings, if any, in the near future.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Those anti shatter-screen protector look horrible glad they have removed them for there devices.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Finally we can get BigP back on WPC and some good old fashioned Sony Awesomeness 😉

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Sony's bezels that will be a Sony WP device

Because all existing WP devices have so little bezels, right?
I have no problems with Sony's bezels. I've always found that complain ridiculous on Android. Technology has to go somewhere. And build quality too. ;)

Paritosh Rai

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

I am just happy that apart from the not-so-famous local OEMs like BLU and Yezz producing WP devices, the big guns (excluding NOKIA) like HTC, SAMSUNG & SONY are getting on board the WP wagon as well. More mainstream, quality OEMs on board equates to greater shelf space and eventually more mind space for WP as a buying option and that too not just on the budget spectrum but also on the premium flagship end. This will eventually lead to greater market share and better eco-system for WP as a whole! Isn't that the dream? :)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I am just happy that apart from the not-so-famous local OEMs like BLU and Yezz producing WP devices, the big guns (excluding NOKIA) like HTC, SAMSUNG & SONY are getting on board the WP wagon as well. More mainstream, quality OEMs on board equates to greater shelf space and eventually more mind space for WP as a buying option and that too not just on the budget spectrum but also on the premium flagship end. This will eventually lead to greater market share and better eco-system for WP as a whole! Isn't that the dream? :)

More OEM's the better!

Specially SONY!

Only a month longer.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

This is one rumour I would like to come true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa