LG Uni8 Windows Phone - Getting one?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So, we just found out that LG are set to bring out a WP 8.1 phone in the Uni8, pictured below. Anyone planning to get one?

Attachments

• LG_Uni8_Leak.jpg
    LG_Uni8_Leak.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 33

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
No , I am happy with my Lumia 920 and Lumia 520. They have very bad service centre in my country. But its great to see more OEM taking interest in windows phone 8.1

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I love that OEMs are taking an interest but if you don't go Nokia you're using Windows phone wrong.

Why? Nokia devices may be the majority choice but they aren't anything to attach to in terms of brand loyalty. I got an 8X and a 920 same day and the HTC is miles better. Better design, thinner, lighter and the battery life is better. The 920 was a horrendous device at lunch, I've never seen such an unstable phone.

A lot of made of Nokia support but none of the stuff they had done exclusively is worth having, the best Nokia apps are available on all handsets.

Camera perhaps? Don't use the camera much but cant say I noticed any difference between the two devices.

I really like WP and had myself down for a 930 (If they ever get round to releasing it) but if HTC, LG or Samsung come to the party that's great and I will get the one that ticks the boxes at the time I decide to upgrade. If HTC released a WP version of the M8 Nokia would be a firm second.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why you have an unstable Nokia. I bought mine at almost pre-launch from clove.co.uk back in Nov / Dec 2012, granted its had its hiccups but its never been unstable that I regretted buying it a full price.

The more OEMs the better imo, its better for WP. Right now if anyone can best the 930 in terms of specs and hardware (must have that all important camera button), the msd card has become secondary requirement.

Which is pretty ironical as I thought I'd never be able to live without my 32gig msd card and being able to upgrade it on a whim. But I have adjusted and if I had not had that camera button, I would have not been able to catch some pretty damn amazing and hilarious family moments. The recent one being a little niece's first steps... Her folks were fumbling with their lock screens whilst I was recording on my 920... By the time they had unlocked their iphones she was crawling again. Everything happened in seconds not minutes.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I love the two Nokia WP8 handsets I've had. That said, I can't say I'd choose another Nokia if we get a WP8.1 version of the HTC One (M8), for instance. My brother has that phone and the only thing wrong with it is that it runs Android. Gorgeous design. I'm hoping we'll get a version of it this summer.

I wouldn't dismiss the LG either. I've played with the Samsung ATIV SE and I like that one pretty well too. I don't know if I'd take it over the Icon at the moment. I really like the Icon, but I think microSD is an essential part of phone design nowadays. It only takes one more tray to make it happen on these devices, even if you don't want a replaceable battery.

I'd consider the LG. I'm probably not in the market until the end of the year, so I'll wait to see what Nokia has to offer, what LG has to offer, what HTC has, and what Samsung has. I'd also like to see Lenovo get in the game via Motorola and Sony come to play. Giving us all options is a great thing and it opens the door up for growth of the platform.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This is great news!
I would like to see what LG can do and I think a success for them in the WP foray would bring more fence sitters over.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I dislike about LG currently is that even after the smallest hairline crack in the screen, their device's are basically bricked. The whole front panel stops working.

Years ago I swore that everything LG touched was garbage (from phones to appliances), but they are slowly gaining my trust back...

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Both HTC and LG are looking better than Nokia as far as designs are concerned. I doubt they'll do any worse in terms of hardware, so it really does boil down to style. My only question is... HTC or LG at this point. Nokia has failed me badly with their 810 support. Actually failed me quite badly as far as midrange phones are concerned.

dameanestdude

May 10, 2014
Visit site
No , I am happy with my Lumia 920 and Lumia 520. They have very bad service centre in my country. But its great to see more OEM taking interest in windows phone 8.1

india has good network for nokia service centres and i personally had some of the best customer care services relating to lumia series of phones. I suggest u to try some other service station.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Might be . I like LG, my seconf favourite behind Nokia and for fair price( LG's are ussualy cheaper than other phones) I Will be interested.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
india has good network for nokia service centres and i personally had some of the best customer care services relating to lumia series of phones. I suggest u to try some other service station.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

well I was talking about LG service centre in India , they are pathetic :/

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Cant see myself buying a device from any other manufacturer than Nokia (now Microsoft). No other current or rumoured future WP OEM does anything more than dump their phones on the market with little promotion and their after sales support is lacking as well, especially when it comes to adding new features long after the device was first launched. So notwithstanding potentially better looks, no other WP OEM interests me.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It's great that more OEM's are joining in and honestly if I were forced to buy an android I would definitely look at LG because I like what they are doing (off topic but the funny thing is Samsung is the most unappealing to me even though they're the most popular)

Anyway I'm waiting for a new Lumia with an updated 920 design and ACTUAL NEW components, not the sd800 which is already outdated when it comes to games (I'm a gamer so this matters to me)

and yes I know I'll have to wait till 2015

The 930's design does not satisfy me like the 800 and 920 did, that combined with the fact that the 930 has last years processor AND it's not even released yet totally blows away any interest I may have had in the device

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got an 8X and a 920 same day and the HTC is miles better.

Interesting.

I got a 920 the first week it was available, it was a faulty unit. I swapped it for an 8X and hated it. It felt flimsy and cheap and the buttons were like mushy oatmeal which couldn't be pressed from anything even slightly derivating from straight-on. Light poured out from between the screen and body and the charging and headphone ports. I returned it for an 820, which I loved.

While the 920 had numerous problems at launch, I didn't hear from one 8X owner at launch who didn't experience the same issues.

(Of course, I then sold the 820 for an iPhone, which I sold for another 920 which was awesome, which I sold for an iPhone, which I recently sold for another 820. I'm fickle like that.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb