LG Uni8 Windows Phone - Getting one?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I won't buy non-Nokia because only Nokia provides a plethora of software that makes Windows phone as phenomenal as it is. That and if I wanted another plain slash with no character like every other OEM produces, I'd have it. (though the 8x did look good.) Nokia exudes quality and premium service on all price ranges and is a huge reason as to why I'm still on Windows Phone. No one outside of maybe Apple puts so much into their devices and spoke can only do so because they make all of 1-2 phones a year. Nokia is also the most moral cell phone company I've known. They're just amazing.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I won't buy non-Nokia because only Nokia provides a plethora of software that makes Windows phone as phenomenal as it is. That and if I wanted another plain slash with no character like every other OEM produces, I'd have it. (though the 8x did look good.) Nokia exudes quality and premium service on all price ranges and is a huge reason as to why I'm still on Windows Phone. No one outside of maybe Apple puts so much into their devices and spoke can only do so because they make all of 1-2 phones a year. Nokia is also the most moral cell phone company I've known. They're just amazing.

Sorry dude, "were amazing".

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Tell me one other OEM aside from perhaps Apple with such profound quality control and general service.

Profound QC? Uhhh... nope. I'm on my 3rd Lumia 810. The first two had really annoying screen issues that ended up annoying the TMO sales person to no end. The multitudes of issues faced by early 920 batches is almost silly, and I keep hearing of screen cracking in the 928. Hardly profound quality control. Limited warranty over a year is hardly an industry exception, but rather the norm.

Nokia has dropped the ball repeatedly, and frankly I plan on looking for an alternative if possible. The sexiness that LG or HTC may provide have more or less sold me at this point. In the very end. MS's hardware requirements make for a pretty level playing field as far as hardware goes. Hopefully I won't have to experience the disaster that was the 810 again.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am interesting in any 8.1 that looks that good and with the purported specs. That said I'm somewhat suspicious of LG. But the build quality of their flagship android phones appears to be very good. Anf the uni8 looks like the LG G2 and/or the LG G3.

BrittanYnStepheN1

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I love the two Nokia WP8 handsets I've had. That said, I can't say I'd choose another Nokia if we get a WP8.1 version of the HTC One (M8), for instance. My brother has that phone and the only thing wrong with it is that it runs Android. Gorgeous design. I'm hoping we'll get a version of it this summer.

I wouldn't dismiss the LG either. I've played with the Samsung ATIV SE and I like that one pretty well too. I don't know if I'd take it over the Icon at the moment. I really like the Icon, but I think microSD is an essential part of phone design nowadays. It only takes one more tray to make it happen on these devices, even if you don't want a replaceable battery.

I'd consider the LG. I'm probably not in the market until the end of the year, so I'll wait to see what Nokia has to offer, what LG has to offer, what HTC has, and what Samsung has. I'd also like to see Lenovo get in the game via Motorola and Sony come to play. Giving us all options is a great thing and it opens the door up for growth of the platform.

The HTC One (M8) is a very good phone compared to some other phones even a few Windows phones you had mentioned it should not matter what the operating system is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs