What's coming for ATT soon?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Anything at all in the pipeline for ATT? The screen on my 920 cracked badly and I need to get a replacement. I am not particularly enamored with any of the options that ATT currently has, but I may have to settle if nothing good is on the way. I would also be interested in the ICON, if one is available unlocked.

​Thanks in advance.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Icon is available unlocked by default, but it would take some prodding to get everything working right. (see relevant data and MMS threads)

I'm pretty sure we can expect to see the 930 on ATT sometime this summer. I could be mistaken though.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The Icon is available unlocked by default, but it would take some prodding to get everything working right. (see relevant data and MMS threads)

I'm pretty sure we can expect to see the 930 on ATT sometime this summer. I could be mistaken though.

Thanks. I'm not into needing to prod my phones to work properly, so that is definitely not an option. If the 930 is coming, perhaps I will just take the replacement phone from my protection plan, and wait on the 930 before I re-up my contract.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not like fancy modding and hacking, you would just have to change the options in the access point settings panel.
But it still isn't out-of-the-box.

I haven't checked out those threads, but they probably are a good read if someone has settings that work. Then it becomes less "prodding" and more being able to type the right things in the right text boxes.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I think I am just going to get the replacement from my protection plan, and then upgrade a few months down the road when something comes to ATT that is worth switching for.

I appreciate the suggestions.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
No idea, but if the 920 is still working for you, enjoy a $25 discount for as long as you can resist upgrading after that contract runs out.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
my upgrade just kicked in today. I'm hoping something leaks or an announcement is made hopefully soon so that I can weigh my options.

Edge Water

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on the Lumia 900. I should have upgraded when the 920 came out, I really should have upgraded when the 925 came out, and I was crazy not to upgrade when the 1520 came out. Not sure what I was waiting for, but now I want a new one asap and I'm screwed. I'm DEFINITELY going to get the next high end phone available for AT&T... but in the mean time, should I just get a $135 Lumia 920 off Ebay until then? I really don't want to spend more, yet I really want 8.1 and something a bit quicker, because browsing sites has become excruciatingly slow.

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Windows has still September of next year to pull something out of the hat, currently using a 1020 which I am not disappointed in one bit but not happy that it will not get Denim, the iPhone and watch are calling my name since Apple finally got the larger screen I wanted and the ability to pay withoout having to dig in my purse to find my wallet to get the credit card out is highly attractive. There are apps I will miss from Windows and the live tiles but I am tired of seeing apps I want on here only to see them say Android and Apple only. I downloaded the 3rd party app for Starbucks but now it says no longer being published which means no more updates

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on the Lumia 900...should I just get a $135 Lumia 920 off Ebay until then? I really don't want to spend more...
Sure, get one from eBay but don't spend that much, unless you can't be satisfied with anything less than pristine new condition. I just bought a "fair condition" 920 from eBay user "cellularheroes" for less than $70, I was pleasantly surprised when I got it, its condition was much better than the one in the photos. Just a few minor scratches on the glass you only see in reflections when the display is off.
...currently using a 1020 which I am not disappointed in one bit but not happy that it will not get Denim...
Actually it will get Denim, just won't get the higher-end features that require better hardware.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Here is the problem and major difference between apple and ms: I have a 920 and am at the end of my two year contract. I purchased it the day it came out as a replacement to my samsung focus also purchased the day it came out. None of the currently announced phones are high end flagship phones and I therefore have no choice for a replacement! This is bad business. Now, Apple is dedicated to making their customers revised/new models which will coincide with the standard two year upgrade cycle. Get it right MSFT!!!

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is the problem and major difference between apple and ms: I have a 920 and am at the end of my two year contract. I purchased it the day it came out as a replacement to my samsung focus also purchased the day it came out. None of the currently announced phones are high end flagship phones and I therefore have no choice for a replacement! This is bad business. Now, Apple is dedicated to making their customers revised/new models which will coincide with the standard two year upgrade cycle. Get it right MSFT!!!

Totally agree.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on WP because MSFT doesn't seem interested in producing high end phones. They seem to be trying to make the world a better place with low and mid range phones for emerging markets. I sold my 1520 and bought a Sony Z Ultra to hold me over until the Nexus 6 is readily available. From what I can tell Android 5.0 is going to be the most polished, complete phone OS ever, period. That includes the latest iOS. Google, Motorola, Samsung, LG and HTC are killing it compared to Microsoft and Nokia. It's just not even close. Life is too short to sit around waiting on Microsoft the get their arse in gear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)