Anything from Sprint soon?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My wife hates her GS3 and is ready to bolt to WP. We already have a Surface RT, so WP makes a natural transition for her...plus, she just wants a phone that 'works', without all the 'junk' on it.

Funny, but yes, the GSx with its heavy skin really does make that phone difficult to use after moving to WP for a year now (for me).

She's not a heavy user at all, so I'm likely to get her an 8XT just like I have, so that she can move over, or possibly an Ativ S Neo. I suspect she'll like the 8XT better though.

Anyway, anyone hearing anything besides a long-rumored HTC One WP edition on the horizon? If we're talking 3+ months out, she's likely to just take one of the available ones and be happy with that.

(And no, we're not switching carriers...we're very happy with Sprint.)

Thanks!

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
No idea. EVLeaks hasn't shown anything, Sprint hasn't said anything. Wasn't the HTC W8 supposed to be Verizon-only anyways? It'd make sense....all the WP flagships all on a single carrier screwing everyone else over :-(

If you hear anything, post back....my Galaxy Nexus is due for an upgrade and I'm also waiting for Sprint's next WP (otherwise I might just grab an 8XT...depends on how long I can stretch the GNex). I'll report back if I catch wind of anything.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I think we'll be getting her an 8XT...get the 8.1DP installed on it and she'll be happy. She'll never be a heavy user, just wants a phone that makes sense and works.

Any shortcomings can be handled with apps now, so that's probably what we'll end up doing. Plus, she hates paying the $200 for a top-tier phone, so again, Ativ S Neo or 8XT both being 'free' now will be just fine.

I'll post back if I hear something, I just think that with HTC & Sprint's historically good relationship, Sprint will get a One variant.

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Then again, looks like Softbank is buying T-Mobile USA direct from Deutsche Telekom, so who knows what'll happen. I'd love to see it become T-Mobile as is, but phones that can pick up Sprint's CDMA network when out of range on T-Mo's GSM. Probably safe to go with the free 8XT for now.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ended up ordering her out the 8XT. It will do everything she wants it to and make a hell of a lot more sense than her Galaxy S3 ever did.

Should be here in a day or 2...I'll get it upgraded to the 8.1 DP before she gets it as honestly, without 8.1, I wouldn't have recommended it.

She wants a phone that 'just works' and 8.1 will make her a happy camper I think. (She already has a WinRT tablet, so the transition will be an easy one.)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just watch....tomorrow at Computex, Microsoft will open up [insert device here] to all carriers :p

Thought about that...but she's got 14 days to send it back...and I don't think she will...she wanted a 'Free' phone...and anything new won't be free on contract...so she's set...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro