So I ran into a friend who has a family member that works for Nokia. She noticed I had a Nokia phone, because no one else really has it, and showed me the phone she had. She said it was a test phone, fully functional. So the phone she has is supposed to be the "economic phone" but it looked super sleek. The edges on the phone reminded me of a Surface! She told me another family member gets to test the "high end phone" and another family member had a "really big phone". Unfortunately, she doesn't know very much about the phone. It's just something her family member got for her. I was super excited when I saw her phone, although being a budget phone. I didn't get into little details about specs and I wanted to respect her wishes about "keeping it a secret" so I didn't take any pictures of it. But I just had to tell someone, you guys!

In other news, I have a friend who works at Qualcomm, and they're working on a 8-core chip that is 64bit instead of 32. The future of smartphones is so exciting.
    06-02-2014 01:39 AM
    That's really exciting you should tip this news to the WP central authorities using the WP central app tip option.😉
    06-02-2014 01:47 AM
    So I ran into a friend who has a family member that works for Nokia. She noticed I had a Nokia phone, because no one else really has it, and showed me the phone she had. She said it was a test phone, fully functional. So the phone she has is supposed to be the "economic phone" but it looked super sleek. The edges on the phone reminded me of a Surface! She told me another family member gets to test the "high end phone" and another family member had a "really big phone". Unfortunately, she doesn't know very much about the phone. It's just something her family member got for her. I was super excited when I saw her phone, although being a budget phone. I didn't get into little details about specs and I wanted to respect her wishes about "keeping it a secret" so I didn't take any pictures of it. But I just had to tell someone, you guys!

In other news, I have a friend who works at Qualcomm, and they're working on a 8-core chip that is 64bit instead of 32. The future of smartphones is so exciting.
    A Nokia employee of eight years came down to the cafe I was working at, and when I saw his 1520 (and pulled out my yellow 1020) we had a nice chat about WP - he said "Oh, you're going to like what we're putting in the next Nokia update - we're trying to reduce the shot-to-shot time on the 1020 and 1520, new Nokia camera app and all that"
    06-02-2014 02:34 AM
    A Nokia employee of eight years came down to the cafe I was working at, and when I saw his 1520 (and pulled out my yellow 1020) we had a nice chat about WP - he said "Oh, you're going to like what we're putting in the next Nokia update - we're trying to reduce the shot-to-shot time on the 1020 and 1520, new Nokia camera app and all that"
    please tip this news...thank you
    06-02-2014 02:46 AM
    Without a proof it means nothing, because my friend has Nokia Lumia 3310 with 60mp camera and 4k screen, aswel 64 bit processor with 8gb of RAM and full Windows
    a5cent, JasoX, Weavers and 7 others like this.
    06-02-2014 02:58 AM
    Without a proof it means nothing, because my friend has Nokia Lumia 3310 with 60mp camera and 4k screen, aswel 64 bit processor with 8gb of RAM and full Windows
    *Haswell
    Beijendorf likes this.
    06-02-2014 03:02 AM
    I'd believe it if the RAM was doubled, and it had Broadwell instead of Haswell ;)

That aside, prototype phones are often less flashy than their released counterparts, and without evidential proof (which he can't provide, as it's probably under an NDA), we can't really say if it's real or not.
    Beijendorf likes this.
    06-02-2014 03:35 AM
    Ran into a friend with a Nokia/Microsoft "test phone".
    Is he injured?
    06-02-2014 04:02 AM
    Yeah I don't have any real proof to be tip worthy. It certainly is NDA. I'd hate to get my friend and family into any trouble if I were to leak images. So really it's just hearsay. But I was excited to see the phone up close. It was running Windows 8.1 also. My friend said she "hates Cortana" -_- I'd love to ask her about the high end phone though. Maybe I can chat with her family member that works at Nokia!
    06-02-2014 05:57 PM
    Yeah I don't have any real proof to be tip worthy. It certainly is NDA. I'd hate to get my friend and family into any trouble if I were to leak images. So really it's just hearsay. But I was excited to see the phone up close. It was running Windows 8.1 also. My friend said she "hates Cortana" -_- I'd love to ask her about the high end phone though. Maybe I can chat with her family member that works at Nokia!
    Any specific reason why she hates Cortana?
    06-02-2014 07:42 PM
    please tip this news...thank you
    Done and dusted.
    06-02-2014 10:56 PM
    how do you tip this...? "Oh hey I have a friend who works at Nokia and he/she says they're coming out with a new phone" Unless your friend is willing to tip wpcentral themselves, that's a different story.
    06-03-2014 08:28 AM
    how do you tip this...? "Oh hey I have a friend who works at Nokia and he/she says they're coming out with a new phone" Unless your friend is willing to tip wpcentral themselves, that's a different story.
    You could tip WMPoweruser and they could take this as "news".
    06-03-2014 08:37 AM
    Any specific reason why she hates Cortana?
    She mentioned how it could someday be like the movie "Her" I haven't seen it, but I sure do like Scarlet Johansson. I'd love it if Cortana was like Scarlet Johansson. My friends isn't very techy or nerdy, so she wasn't as excited as I was about the phone. She could care less about tipping the information.
    06-03-2014 08:04 PM
    "Oh, you're going to like what we're putting in the next Nokia update - we're trying to reduce the shot-to-shot time on the 1020 and 1520, new Nokia camera app and all that" if this was true, then that would be really great. Although I find the current shot-to-shot speed to be acceptable.
    06-03-2014 08:08 PM
    "Oh, you're going to like what we're putting in the next Nokia update - we're trying to reduce the shot-to-shot time on the 1020 and 1520, new Nokia camera app and all that"
    for the glory of God, all hail Nokia!
    06-03-2014 11:20 PM
    Haha looks like the Nokia guy wasn't bluffing - http://www.windowscentral.com/lumia-...ght-performace
    06-17-2014 03:35 PM