Two new flagship Lumias and a new phablet!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
According to evleaks, this coming fall will witness the release of a new Lumia flagship codenamed McLaren. A year from then (Fall 2015), another flagship going by "Talkman" is set for release. Meanwhile, about a year or so from now we can expect the Lumia 1520's successor, codenamed "Cityman."

This is in addition to some lower and midranged models set for release.

It seems once again that the dominant carrier will be AT&T, though the next flagship (McLaren) is said to be picked up by T-Mobile and Verizon as well. Good news.

Nokia, 2014 and Beyond - Evleaks

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, perhaps we finally get some respite from those who keep clamoring for flagships and better low-mid range phones than the 630.

They better keep this in track for an early Q4 release, though. And keep 'em in stock in stock everywhere as well. Our collective bodies are ready.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Best part:. "The fall flagship, then, will be a device codenamed McLaren. Shipping in time for the holidays, McLaren should see wide release, with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile all reportedly signed up to carry it."

Yes!!

We happen to have upgrade up in October. I'll enjoy my Icon until then, then it's time for the first Windows Phone flagship on all three US carriers!

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, Evleaks. That feels much better. At least there's something high end to look forward to - even if they are just rumors at this point.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
If the McLaren is a Microsoft device rather than a Nokia, there is a shot my carrier (Bell Mobility; Canada) will pick it up. I'm thrilled with the prospect of a legitimate flagship device with a sub 5" screen. I'm just hoping the HAAC microphones make it in there along with some sort of Pureview camera tech and a large battery. 2700-3000mah would be ideal. The 3d touch and NYC view features would simply be icing on the cake.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
According to evleaks, this coming fall will witness the release of a new Lumia flagship codenamed McLaren. A year from then (Fall 2015), another flagship going by "Talkman" is set for release. Meanwhile, about a year or so from now we can expect the Lumia 1520's successor, codenamed "Cityman."

This is in addition to some lower and midranged models set for release.

It seems once again that the dominant carrier will be AT&T, though the next flagship (McLaren) is said to be picked up by T-Mobile and Verizon as well. Good news.

Nokia, 2014 and Beyond - Evleaks

I personally wish the McLaren has a phablet variant with a stylus. Would be perfect(for me at least) for the air gestures

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My wife's phone just got to the end of her upgrade cycle but I bought her a 925 (paid retail for it) about three months ago so the upgrade is just sitting there now. (we are on AT&T). I may use her upgrade to get a new phone and take the sim out of my 820 for it and use it on my line. But to be honest I don't see anything I really would like to have now. By the time they release 8.1/Cyan to the current phones we may have another choice or two. Lets hope so. Microsoft is moving a little too slow for my tastes. Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG and just about everyone else has phones out or about too come out and it will be months before we get any options from Microsoft. Not real happy with the direction Microsoft is taking.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to guess their series number...

Q4 2014
Rock -> 530
Tesla -> 639 (international version of 638?)
Superman -> 730 (or 735 if Tesla turned out to be 730... I have a good feeling on this and I don't know why)
McLaren -> 935

Q1 2015
Makepeace -> 830
Dempsey -> 1030
both devices are still mysterious, right?

Q4 2015
Cityman -> 1330 or 1230
Talkman -> 939

now the question is: "will they be branded as Nokia Lumia or something else?"

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'lll have this HTC Radar for 3 years by then.. Uhf. Still don't hate it, though. ;)
Awesome! I'll probably skip whatever Sony/HTC/LG WP's and get this here McLaren! I'll have to wait until after my friend's iPhone 6 gabbing. If* he gets it, because if he does he won't shut up about it.. :/

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
any design notes on these. I hope one is designed like the windows surface phone concept. I would pay serious money for 2 of those as long as they are workhorses under the hood with SD card provisions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12