Lumia 1030: what to expect?

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Why are you against aluminium chassis? It gives preimum look and feel. Look iPhone and high end HTC devices, all are made up of aluminium to give premium feel. If you take a look at 920, its all plastic, although it doesn't look as bad as samsung's cheap plastic, but overall looks mediocre.

Nothing more than personal preference. My favourite handsets include the soft-touch plastic on the Nexus 5 as well as the matt poly-carbonate found on the Lumia 1020 and 1520.

I can't deny that metal adds a premium look, but in the hand (for me) it doesn't work as a whole-chassis solution. Horses for courses.

(Apologies for the delayed response).

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the right time for MS to launch an imaging flagship if the want to whip out Samsung note 4 and upcoming nexus 6. Looks like MS is facing technical difficulties

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
for your information, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 APQ8084 is capable of "Dual camera image signal processor supporting up to 55 Megapixel, stereoscopic 3D" (source)
3 GB of RAM is obviously a marketing stunt at best, unless they're going to implement something that kicks a** like the 3D Touch

Well if your going to just read one sentence our of my post then there's no talking to you. You just want to fight. I'm done.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
What I would love to see in a 1030 is a 5.5" screen and of course the no compromise camera with super fast time between shots ability and a SD 805 so it is future proofed for a good chunk of time. What I think we will see is a 930 with a big sensor attached to it but at least I hope they do something with the time between pictures.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Well if your going to just read one sentence our of my post then there's no talking to you. You just want to fight. I'm done.

you're making points based on false information about Snapdragon 810 and then you think I'm trying to fight you because I told you the (brutal) truth about it?

for the record, I found your point about building for the future is right
but then again, in my opinion, for a resource-efficient platform like Windows Phone, the urge to use 3 GB RAM on a phone in the next 18 months is definitely only for this ongoing "war of who-got-the-bigger-numbers-in-their-product's-specification-sheet-regardless-of-the-performance" (that's why I call it only a "marketing stunt")

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
you're making points based on false information about Snapdragon 810 and then you think I'm trying to fight you because I told you the (brutal) truth about it?

Brutal truth? That was just your opinion. These are all only opinions. No body here works at MS with enough power to make any of these suggestions actually come true. C'mon dude. And none of my points about the Snapdragon 810 were false. If they were then you should take that up with Qualcomm and tell them what they have on their site is wrong cause you know more than them obviously.

Last edited:

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Brutal truth? That was just your opinion. These are all only opinions. No body here works at MS with enough power to make any of these suggestions actually come true. C'mon dude. And none of my points about the Snapdragon 810 were false. If they were then you should take that up with Qualcomm and tell them what they have on their site is wrong cause you know more than them obviously.

the brutal truth about the Snapdragon 810 is it's not the only chip that can handle 55 MP picture

Off topic.

no, it's not
we're talking about the next Microsoft Mobile's camera-phone and this is the competing product from Panasonic

With the snapdragon 810 we can postpone running into this very issue again in the future in the Lumia 1030. This was my point all along.

Updated: Lumia 920, Lumia 925 & Lumia 1020 won?t get the camera speed improvements with Lumia Denim | NPU

I get it...
but the brutal truth is the Snapdragon 805 is sufficient

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I like the design. So bold.

Just wading in here after reading all posts. For me, if MS release 805 or less, then they may be outgunned. While I know WP is touted as frugal, I think a little overkill never hurt anyone. Hell, I would be happy to have 1080 at a max for the screen. But lets wish for 810 snapdragon, plus 3GB. These are the bits that will keep it fresh and allow for some sweet power for any fancy imaging tech. It also allows them to lower the MP count. I would be happy for 20-30MP, but an improved sensor etc is what we all want. Lets be honest, massive pixel count did not make it the bed selling phone of the last 18 months. So aiming for more, to lure people in, is a waste of time.

Most of those on tech forums, who are also 1020 fans, know better than to be tricked by MP stats. And those people that do like stats, let them feast on the 3MB RAM and 810 processor. Leave the fingerprint sensor, 3d gestures, pregnancy test kit sensor etc for Samsung. Leave the zillion pixel screen to Apple. And add the Qi, and decent battery size.

I urge them not to rely on WP being frugal and smooth, because my GF has a HTC M8 on Android, and it is also smooth. So, they can't really on that to sell lower spec phones. They need to be ahead with some features.

Last edited:

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Here is something that looks more like a 'Leak' rather than a speculation. If it so, I am so much in love with this phone that I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Just to summarize 1030 will be a 5.8" phone with resolution of 2650x1440. Best part of the design is that the screen will be end-to-end i.e. the side beezel will be too narrow to be clearly visible. It will have windows10 and possibly S805 processor with 3GB RAM. It will have the same 41 MP 'pureview' rear camera and a 8.7MP wide-angle front camera. Rear camera will have xenon flash while front camera will have a LED flash. It will also have a battery capacity of 4300 mah with Qi wireless charging.
I hope it is not too good to be true and we can get all of it SOON.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I only want three things different from the 1020.

1. USB Type-C
2. Micro-SD
3. Newer generation processor

That's all I need to be very happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss