Nokia Lumia 1525

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
1520 isn't the only phone with screen sensitivity issues. 1020 has the same issue. Many non Lumia's have it too. Price you pay for these newer high sensitivity screens.

You're right, but it seems to be a lot more prevalent in the Lumia 1520. But there are other devices running on a SD 800 that have it as well. If the sensitivity issue is resolved in the 1525, I'll be pretty convinced that the SD 800 was the main culprit.

Wonder which colors will arrive at which carriers. Green and orange seem like sure bets somewhere now.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You're right, but it seems to be a lot more prevalent in the Lumia 1520. But there are other devices running on a SD 800 that have it as well. If the sensitivity issue is resolved in the 1525, I'll be pretty convinced that the SD 800 was the main culprit.

Wonder which colors will arrive at which carriers. Green and orange seem like sure bets somewhere now.

Do the Icon and 930 have the issues as well? Seeing as they are S800 devices.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I would just like to convey the roumors:
  • It would feature a 25/30 MP camera
  • It would have 3GB DRAM
  • It would have a 4K screen resolution
  • it would have a 3400mah Battery
  • it would have a solar charging touchscreen
  • It 'may' have the 3D touch
If these rumors are true, we will have a sure shot winner on our hands, provided all this comes at less than $800, ideally $700-750.

Please if anyone has any rumor (I don't expect any news just yet) about the launch date please update us all ASAP!!!!

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why would anyone call it an 'issue' it is just that when the screen mode is high sensitive, it may record even warmth or very slight variation in air pressure, when we hold or move our finger, just over the screen. It is a functionality. if you don't want it, set the sensitivity to low and you won't have this 'problem'

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I would just like to convey the roumors:
  • It would feature a 25/30 MP camera
  • It would have 3GB DRAM
  • It would have a 4K screen resolution
  • it would have a 3400mah Battery
  • it would have a solar charging touchscreen
  • It 'may' have the 3D touch
If these rumors are true, we will have a sure shot winner on our hands, provided all this comes at less than $800, ideally $700-750.

Please if anyone has any rumor (I don't expect any news just yet) about the launch date please update us all ASAP!!!!

Tell me please why do you need 4k?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
QHD 6" LCD Screen , Snapdragon 801 @ 2.5GHz, 20MP PureView Camera w/ dual flash, 2MP Wide Angle FFC, 32 GB ROM, 3GB RAM, Micro SD Expansion, 2900 MAh battery, Support LTEA & Tmobile Wideband support.

Release date; August 25-29.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Do the Icon and 930 have the issues as well? Seeing as they are S800 devices.

I'm not sure, but there are some Samsung and Sony devices that have similar issues that run on the SD 800. Keep in mind that that's probably not the only culprit. The Icon doesn't have exactly the same hardware as the 1520. Different screen technology for eg. (and no glance support). That may factor in.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why would anyone call it an 'issue' it is just that when the screen mode is high sensitive, it may record even warmth or very slight variation in air pressure, when we hold or move our finger, just over the screen. It is a functionality. if you don't want it, set the sensitivity to low and you won't have this 'problem'

You have to be kidding me... have you ever even been inside the Lumia 1520 forum? Or the Nokia Support forums? This is an issue for an untold number of people. Of course everyone has thought to lower their screen's sensitivity. That doesn't fix the problem. People have gone as far as to uninstall the Glance and Touch apps. Other Lumia devices have high sensitivity mode as well and do not have this touch problem.

It is very much a "issue" and to label it "functionality" is just plain ridiculous.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You have to be kidding me... have you ever even been inside the Lumia 1520 forum? Or the Nokia Support forums? This is an issue for an untold number of people. Of course everyone has thought to lower their screen's sensitivity. That doesn't fix the problem. People have gone as far as to uninstall the Glance and Touch apps. Other Lumia devices have high sensitivity mode as well and do not have this touch problem.

It is very much a "issue" and to label it "functionality" is just plain ridiculous.

As I said earlier, 1020 has it too.

Heck, I remember people complaining about finger scrolling opening links and ads on the Blackberry Playbook! It IS an issue with high sensitivity screen and not Nokia specific.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had major screen sensitivity issues on my 1520. My 1020 screen may fail to register a double tap to wake occasionally. That's it. The 1520 has a major design or quality problem. I won't even pretend I know what it is. If it was obvious, it would've been fixed by now.

Idris84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
How is your unlocked 1520 on T-mobile? can you send MMS? I am currently working on unlocking one to use on T-mobile. I am yet to find teh right unlock company

According to evleaks, there is going to be a 1525 on T-Mobile. Would you consider it? I have an unlocked 1520 on T-Mobile, but may seek out and get the 1525, so that all bands are supported

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It will be a slightly upgraded variant of the lumia 1520, with a Snapdragon 801, and possibly a new design. I think it is stupid and they should go straight to the 1530.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Need to be able to record and output in 4k. 2K screen would nice but not required as Full HD is enough.
Also WP is plenty fast and optimized, so the 801 would work for me.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
It will be a slightly upgraded variant of the lumia 1520, with a Snapdragon 801, and possibly a new design. I think it is stupid and they should go straight to the 1530.

The only change I can see them making is going with the 801 and dumping the capacitive buttons thus shrinking the overall size of the phone but keeping the same display real estate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6