Nokia Lumia 1525

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
While 1525 may be a worthy upgrade for those on T-Mobile stuck on older generation devices for those of you who already have 1520, don't buy 1525.

The differences between Snapdragon 800 and 801 are little, only a few camera processing improvements here and there.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope not a ton...never said that. Just thought it would be nice to have native.

I have few recorded videos 1080p/30fps of 3-4 min and the size is over 500MB, I don't even want to imagine why should Nokia implement even higher video recording resolution.
Just a marketing stuff, no benefit, ESPECIALLY from a phone camera. Not even every professional camera is able to record 4k.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have few recorded videos 1080p/30fps of 3-4 min and the size is over 500MB, I don't even want to imagine why should Nokia implement even higher video recording resolution.
Just a marketing stuff, no benefit, ESPECIALLY from a phone camera. Not even every professional camera is able to record 4k.

4K recording may not have a lot of benefits at the moment but the point of recording 4K videos is that your going to show your relatives/friends the video in a few years when 4K videos are pretty common and 1080p is outdated.

So 4k does have benefits.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
It's not a benefit.

It is. I still have some old 480p videos which at the time seemed amazing but if you view them back on even a laptop, they look pretty terrible.

1080p won't be totally obsolete in a few years however it will be almost completely replaced by 4K, soon.

So it is a nice option to have 4K recording on your phone however you shouldn't feel bad if you don't have it.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Forget resolution. Bandwidth is key. Uncompressed 480p looks damn good, its just nobody ever sees uncompressed video from a good camera.

We need better compression and codecs. The industry as a whole.

People have been saying 4k is coming soon for years. ;). The industry practically just switched to 1080p, it will be a while before they replace their expensive equipment for 4k. Sure, we may have TV and basic 4k recording ability. That doesn't mean we have a new standard.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Forget resolution. Bandwidth is key. Uncompressed 480p looks damn good, its just nobody ever sees uncompressed video from a good camera.

We need better compression and codecs. The industry as a whole.

People have been saying 4k is coming soon for years. ;). The industry practically just switched to 1080p, it will be a while before they replace their expensive equipment for 4k. Sure, we may have TV and basic 4k recording ability. That doesn't mean we have a new standard.

I agree with you somewhat. But what I feel bad about is that over the years many of us have recorded amazing moments, some in 480p, some in 720p and some in 1080p.

As the standards keep changing and by the time we are like in 2030 all our childhood videos would be pretty low-res and not really worthy of showing to anyone. :/

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
It's weird how we got the little leak from ev about this then silence. I was hoping we'd see an announcement of some kind soon.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I've heard about the Nokia Lumia 1525 and am very interested. But I have several questions first:
How does the 1525 improve on the 1520?
I understand it'll probably have a Snapdragon 801 processor.
Will it have Gorilla Glass 3 compared to the outdated Gorilla Glass 2 of the 1520?
Will the camera improve? Will it be faster? Better quality? A better HDR mode?
Will the screen resolution be better? It's not needed, but I'm curious nevertheless.

How improved is the 1525? Will it be a polished 1520, or will it be brand new, plastered with the 1530 label?

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone has any word on this yet. The last I read, they have given up the plans for Kinect 3D touch on their upcoming flagship phone.
I would look to upgrade my phone here in India around early next year. For the 1525/1530 to reach here by then the global launch must happen by around September or latest by October. If that is case, we should start seeing some more 'leaks' by now :(

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1525 expected to be released before September (to chase up iphone), 1525 would be a different lumia, not because it has "Nokia by Microsoft", but having a custom name like Icon. and for international name would be called 1530. will become "flagship" you guys talked about

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned this in another post. I've been wanting a high-end WP phone, but with being with TMobile, they usually get some mid-range to low-end phones. I was on the verge of switch to ATT just to get the 1520.

Then I saw the leak for the 1525 and that it was coming to TMobile. So now I'm waiting very patiently.

My job issued me a Galaxy S5 and I've only installed a few apps that the WP doesn't have. I'm in all awe with the screen size of the Galaxy and when I place it next to my L925, it makes the L925 look tiny.

I really want that 6" screen L1525 to launch already.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12