Windows Phone's 3D interface and the future

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!

Since a 3D input for Windows Phones is rumored I wonder about two things, will it be more than a gimmick and where does Windows Phone go with it?

For the first question we of course just have to wait for announcements, but I'd like to hear some opinions about the latter.

For me there are several issues.

1. If Microsoft changes the UI for 3D, let's say exploding tiles, shouldn't this also accessible by touch? Wouldn't it be a waste for all the resources when only one Nokia high-end device could use it?
  2. the same goes for apps. The app store has troubles already, would anybody implement 3D functions for one phone, while the big piece of phones are low cost and could not use it?
  3. would Microsoft be willing to license this technology to other companies to make it a broader available?

​So what do you think, any thoughts or theories?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
1-Completely valid point. Dunno why Microsoft didn't think of this... But I think Microsoft may implement it in other phones too in Threshold. But right now, the exploding tiles is, just like a large screen on the iPhone 6, just a rumour. We can't say anything for sure.
2-I think that its fair on Microsoft to implement that feature on only on phone, like Apple does with the fingerprint scanner, which is present on iPhone 5s but not on the 5c.
3-I don't think that will happen. Bit again, that is just my opinion. This is a corporate issue.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!

Since a 3D input for Windows Phones is rumored I wonder about two things, will it be more than a gimmick and where does Windows Phone go with it?

For the first question we of course just have to wait for announcements, but I'd like to hear some opinions about the latter.

For me there are several issues.

1. If Microsoft changes the UI for 3D, let's say exploding tiles, shouldn't this also accessible by touch? Wouldn't it be a waste for all the resources when only one Nokia high-end device could use it?
  2. the same goes for apps. The app store has troubles already, would anybody implement 3D functions for one phone, while the big piece of phones are low cost and could not use it?
  3. would Microsoft be willing to license this technology to other companies to make it a broader available?

​So what do you think, any thoughts or theories?

I'm pretty sure such a 3-D Touch technology requires special screen tech that wouldn't be available on older phones or other Nokia Lumia phones coming out. Of course it's all just rumored and might be cancelled by Nadella.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234