10-22-2014 09:19 PM
61 123
tools
    I don't really care much for 3D right now. I think MS stopped it because it's not ready for commercial user yet (i.e. not perfected). I really want to see the next-gen 1020 with the 41 MP or better technology + S805. MS recently has a cross-patent deal with Canon, so hopefully something reciting comes out of it.
    07-21-2014 01:12 AM
    Seriously....

Now what the heck am I supposed to replace my Lumia 920 with? I hope they have something up their sleeve, as I'd rather not switch carriers to get the 930/Icon. Need a valid successor on AT&T.
    07-21-2014 02:34 PM
    Seriously....

Now what the heck am I supposed to replace my Lumia 920 with? I hope they have something up their sleeve, as I'd rather not switch carriers to get the 930/Icon. Need a valid successor on AT&T.
    I think the expectation on MS to deliver a flagship that makes us all go 'wow' is a tad unrealistic for 2014. Nokia pretty much stopped working on any new devices seeing as MS was buying them out. MS havnt developed any phone hardware and the software is for existing Nokia phones. As the teams work closer together and start sharing info/code etc THEN we will see devices developed that (hopefully) sing harmoniously between OS and HArdware, no more overheating like the 930 does, no more inexplicable battery drains, no more 6 month old hardware. MS require time. If you or anyone else is not prepared to give them that then no worries, we all understand and good luck with whatever other OS is chosen, im sure you/others will be back.

Im also in your situation, I have 920 and 1020 both contracts expire in November. When they do I am going to switch to sim only as no point in paying a subsidized contract when phone has been paid for so my monthly bill will be less. I am not going to keel over if I wait till early 2015 when the new version of Windows (with phone integrated) comes out. All the signs are positive, just wait, if not then GL.
    07-21-2014 03:38 PM
    what s the possibility that it still is coming I mean microsoft isnt nokia, they like keeping thing secret till time to release it, they even fire and prosecute offenders, so isnt possible that it still will come this year???
    08-17-2014 06:45 PM
    Seriously....

Rumor is the 930 might be coming to ATT after the Verizon exclusive expires in ~1 month.
    08-19-2014 01:51 AM
    Rumor is the 930 might be coming to ATT after the Verizon exclusive expires in ~1 month.
    May I ask where you heard this? I've only seen it from someone on Reddit that says a Microsoft Store associate told them this information (not quite sure how they'd know), and even went as far as to say green will be one of the color options.
    08-19-2014 02:24 AM
    So still no 930, which I wouldn't get anyway since now it is an "old" phone.

Anyone else considering an iPhone 6 or Note 4? I know I'd hate myself for it after a few days, but my 920 is 2 years old now...I want a new lumia flagship / hero device.
    10-20-2014 09:11 AM
    I wont go back to IOS, and Android has absolutely no appeal for me, having to deal with family members with problems every week, and helping co-workers with android phones just turns me off.

My plan is to buy an 830 off contract and save my upgrade for next years flagship phones. The 830 is a VERY minor upgrade from the 920, but I am starting to see some problems with my aged 920 (vibration motor is loose inside, so it does not vibrate anymore :()
    10-20-2014 11:18 PM
    So still no 930, which I wouldn't get anyway since now it is an "old" phone.

Anyone else considering an iPhone 6 or Note 4? I know I'd hate myself for it after a few days, but my 920 is 2 years old now...I want a new lumia flagship / hero device.
    I am considering possibly a move to Android. But I'm holding out until I see what comes of Windows 10. Depending on that is whether or not I pick up a note or not
    10-21-2014 05:05 PM
    I'd go with a nexus 6 if I were to switch. But a 1520 will hopefully tide me over til windows 10.
    10-21-2014 05:10 PM
    I will be up for my Verizon upgrade in December. I have been wanting to try Windows Phone but there is nothing on the horizon, especially with a screen larger than 5". So I am thinking of buying an Icon off Ebay and then holding off on my upgrade until MS (hoprfully) releases a larger phone in the spring. This way, if I like Windows Phone, I can upgrade to the larger phone when it comes out. If I don't like WP, I can always use my upgrade for the Note 4 (I have the Note 2 now).
    10-22-2014 09:19 PM
61 123