09-10-2014 03:48 AM
118 12345
tools
    Yes, of course. hTC can make phones. They've proved it so many times. But I'll go for Mini version with 13 MP. I don't like the UltraPixels. They should do 8 Ultra pixels and I will definitely think about that. ;)
    Sent from my RM-875_eu_hungary_298 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2014 11:12 AM
    I like the larger screen of the 1520, but my son has the HTC One M8 with Android and it is a very nice looking and substantial device. When he got it, I was thinking that it would be even better if it ran WP.
    08-02-2014 11:25 AM
    It is not a gimmick there are benefits of a 41 MP sensor. For one it future-proofs your camera shots and gives you lots of room to zoom.

However the slow shot times are a problem. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Future proofing only viable if its completely useful. The 1020 was a niche device and I couldn't wait to upgrade to the 1520. At this point, 41mp or not, its an outdated device and as a photo journalist and tech fanatic, I see no advantage but a bit of extra zoom over a good 20mp camera.
    Beijendorf likes this.
    08-02-2014 11:54 AM
    Yes, of course. hTC can make phones. They've proved it so many times. But I'll go for Mini version with 13 MP. I don't like the UltraPixels. They should do 8 Ultra pixels and I will definitely think about that. ;)
    Look at a comparison between the 4 MP and the 13 MP sensor first. The 4 MP sensor outclasses the 13 MP sensor in everything except image resolution.
    08-02-2014 04:50 PM
    Nokia gets the best of everything on Windows Phone. I would never look at HTC unless it was on Robot (or whatever it's called)
    08-02-2014 05:06 PM
    I am sorry to say that but after htc 8x I told myself do not buy anything from this company! You think design is good? No way!!! No phone from last 3 years from HTC have excellent design! Every phone have awful thinkgs like power button on htx 8x! How is putting button on the top of such big phone??? Camera! HTC do yu know what camera is it for? this is not the thing that just should be in phone! It must work!

Anyway. HTC is not the company you should think about whe you are buying new WP phone. They will never make anything excellent!
    08-03-2014 11:32 AM
    I am sorry to say that but after htc 8x I told myself do not buy anything from this company! You think design is good? No way!!! No phone from last 3 years from HTC have excellent design! Every phone have awful thinkgs like power button on htx 8x! How is putting button on the top of such big phone??? Camera! HTC do yu know what camera is it for? this is not the thing that just should be in phone! It must work!

Anyway. HTC is not the company you should think about whe you are buying new WP phone. They will never make anything excellent!
    I don't think the power button being on top is so bad. Gotta be better than half way down the side like on the Lumia 930.
    08-03-2014 02:52 PM
    Power button location is basically a personal opinion/preference issue. Since no phone is perfectly pure perfection in build design we can get used to button positioning. Those who seemingly think its a bad design on a certain device are certainly entitled to their opinion and ranting it out if they feel that strongly about it. I can get used to a button being anywhere, just can sometimes take a bit of time as any new device takes getting used to. Regarding the new HTC, I would be much more concerned about its other possible foibles and I place the power button placement pretty much at the bottom of my list of dislikes.
    08-03-2014 03:04 PM
    Agreed, not that big a deal. I don't like the position of the button on the 930 but it's not the end of the world either and isn't something I have ever considered when buying a phone. But I just don't get why designers decide on their "perfect" position for one phone then on the next one they go move it again.
    08-03-2014 04:30 PM
    Again, the power button is on top for HTC's remote control app. It's not a design screw up, it's functionally necessary.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    08-03-2014 07:37 PM
    Definitely for Beats Front Facing Boom Speakers. ;)
    08-03-2014 07:56 PM
    Well, I was strongly leaning towards getting this phone, but with the recent debacle of DP 8.1 update one, I think I'll just wait for a new Lumia or get the iPhone 6...
    08-04-2014 02:59 PM
    Definitely for Beats Front Facing Boom Speakers. ;)
    Maybe they improved on the M8 but I thought they were over rated. I've only had a few days with my 930 but I much prefer it to the HTC One I had.
    08-04-2014 04:22 PM
    I'm sitting on my phone upgrade with AT&T, but can switch to Verizon anytime. Not sure what I am going to do.

I think I will stick with WP, but am considering iphone6. It would be nice to have apps like SiriusXM, various games (Square-Enix,Clash of Clans, etc), my local bank and the off-shoot apps that pop up here and there, but I am tied in the MS System and really enjoy the phone.

This phone would really put me over the top, but I want to see how the camera is in the reviews on Windows software. I have the 1520 now but at times miss the camera of the 1020. Not sure I'd be ok if the W8's camera is far enough off from the 1520.
    08-04-2014 04:39 PM
    I'm a HUGE Nokia fan... But I'm rally not liking the battery performance of my 925 along with the overheating issue. If these persist, I'm totally interested in making the switch to HTC.. cautiously.
    08-05-2014 10:24 AM
    I'm a HUGE Nokia fan... But I'm rally not liking the battery performance of my 925 along with the overheating issue. If these persist, I'm totally interested in making the switch to HTC.. cautiously.
    If it helps, my husband has been selling phones for 13 years. Most faulty returns = Nokia. Least returns = HTC.

Figures are proportionate, i.e. a percentage of those sold. It's one of the reasons I have shied away from Nokia until I got my 930 last week - which was faulty and exchanged for a new one this morning.
    08-05-2014 11:10 AM
    For me, it isn't a "must-buy" situation, but neither would I immediately dismiss it. It looks great, and I wouldn't be opposed to owning an HTC phone, but I have been happy for nearly two years now with my 920.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    08-05-2014 11:21 AM
    If it helps, my husband has been selling phones for 13 years. Most faulty returns = Nokia. Least returns = HTC.

Figures are proportionate, i.e. a percentage of those sold. It's one of the reasons I have shied away from Nokia until I got my 930 last week - which was faulty and exchanged for a new one this morning.
    I'm sorry but I don't believe that
    nkaufmann, b23h and hasasimo like this.
    08-06-2014 10:58 AM

Assuming it's all accurate, your own experience proves your point, doesn't it?

I'm curious where the iPhone and other manufacturers fall in the line up here.
    08-06-2014 12:07 PM
    Why not? You have evidence?
    08-06-2014 12:47 PM

This has been my personal experience. I've never had problems with any HTC phone I've owned. No complaints. But every Nokia I've owned, beside my current 1520, has been a nightmare with multiple problems. Same with every Nokia owner I've known. I admit though, it seems the trend is changing for me with my 1520 (fingers crossed).
    08-06-2014 12:51 PM
    Why not? You have evidence?
    Evidence? The original post that he doesn't believe doesn't provide any evidence either. And no, second hand anecdotal evidence does not count.

I also don't believe it. If someone throws out two brands and says "most" for one and "least" for the other, you'd also be smart not to put a lot of stock in it.
    hasasimo likes this.
    08-06-2014 01:45 PM
    Assuming it's all accurate, your own experience proves your point, doesn't it?

I'm curious where the iPhone and other manufacturers fall in the line up here.
    I was just referring to Reebs Reebs post, who was saying he was cautious about buying HTC. My point is that according to our experience they have proved to be more reliable than Nokia, and every other brand on the market too so he shouldn't be too worried.
    tgp likes this.
    08-06-2014 04:01 PM
    Assuming you mean the bit about the returns, it doesn't matter what you believe, that was our experience - to the point where we actually stopped selling Nokia phones apart from the very basic models. The E and N series were a nightmare, we still have a boxful of faulties as far as I know.

These days we only sell contract phones as agents so we handle very few but up until about 2 years ago that was our experience and as I say, for that reason the Nokia 930 I have now (apart from an old 1110 we use for checking sims and is still going strong) is the first one Nokia have ever owned - and the first one had to be replaced, I have posted a separate thread on that.
    08-06-2014 04:08 PM
    I was considering the M8 until HTC failed its' user base again by not having a driver updated to support windows phone 8.1 u1. Theyve virtually left anyone who bought into the windows 8 flagship device in the dust since the 8x's inception.
    So, do I want to be at the mercy of HTC, when they change their mind on a whim, as to whether they decide to support a device going forward?
    I realize they're working on a fix for the update 1 issue, but they've released next to nothing for over a year and a half now. Its their track record that concerns me, so Im probably going to just get an icon at the end of the month, no matter how good the M8 turns out to be.
    08-09-2014 04:53 PM
118 12345