Would you buy the HTC One M8 Windows Phone?

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
think of it like this, if you were looking at those two mock ups, would one with many small tiles with different sometimes clashing colors look better than a nice picture of a beach with less more clearly labeled tiles?

I would guess that the HTC imagine would be picked more than the Nokia one... Granted, I would run this through a few art directors (For advertising) I know before making a final choice of which is better.

On that note, the HTC looks more similar to the setup I use on all 3 of my Windows Phone devices... and more similar to the setups I have seen on other WP8 devices... Granted, the sample size is quite small :)

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
think of it like this, if you were looking at those two mock ups, would one with many small tiles with different sometimes clashing colors look better than a nice picture of a beach with less more clearly labeled tiles?

I would guess that the HTC imagine would be picked more than the Nokia one... Granted, I would run this through a few art directors (For advertising) I know before making a final choice of which is better.

On that note, the HTC looks more similar to the setup I use on all 3 of my Windows Phone devices... and more similar to the setups I have seen on other WP8 devices... Granted, the sample size is quite small :)

Yes I see your point. But apart from getting a little fed up of seeing beach screensavers I think the brightly coloured casings of the Lumia series are primarily directed towards a younger target audience - ironically somebody was arguing with me yesterday that Android is directed at that audience while windows is more for the professional but I digress - but with the design in mind I can't help thinking that the more brightly coloured one might be the one to catch the eye, hopefully prompting those who are interested to investigate further.

I'm no advertising expert so who knows? I'm probably subconsciously thinking along the lines that some of the most annoying TV adverts are some of the most successful, because people remember them. Maybe it's the same here - the beach picture might be forgotten in an instant, but I understand that it is the more pleasing to look at.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The HTC M8 has a notification LED, this appears to me a slight modification of the phone (in fact, based on WPCentral newest article, might even still be called "M8") so it should still have the notification LED.

Does WP support the notification LED? Or is that something that HTC could implement with firmware whether or not the OS supports it?

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Does WP support the notification LED? Or is that something that HTC could implement with firmware whether or not the OS supports it?
quick search online finds a lot of WP8 devices where it is only used for "lower battery" or "charging"

WP8.1 may have changed that? I feel like a notification center makes that light, well, meaningful. Well, I did not find anything about it with a quick search, and, I'm not buying a phone to find that out, already getting 3 more phones this year (on top of the 5 i have) so, well, if you want me to test it, wait until next year lol

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Boom! HTC W8 is not exclusive to Verizon people! Just got to dig a little deeper! ;)

awesome... if Nokia/MS doesn't release an upgraded Camera in 1H2015 i'm probably going to grab it (for the body, NOT the camera. Just, well, i'm trying to spend less on phones XD)

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
All this articles and videos and nowhere I saw something about the notification led, so...
Has the m8 (the Windows phone version) a notification led ???

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
After owning a HTC 8X, no I would not get another HTC Windows Phone, simply because Nokia gets all the love, and HTC hardly supports their WP devices... We know 8.1 Is coming for us HTC users, but no one actually knows when, its quite funny.

Lumia users are still waiting as well. At least there is an announcement for htc 8x 8.1 update. Not the case for my 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo