08-10-2014 03:07 AM
51 123
tools
    HTC Makes The best Android Phone in the World. Soon, I'll Make The Best Windows Phone.

HTC M8 Windows Phone Leak - Business Insider

I am so pumped about this I could explode. This will be my next Windows Phone if AT&T was smart to get it.
    Guytronic and aximtreo like this.
    08-01-2014 11:09 PM
    For your sake and for the HTC fans around the world I hope it is not a Verizon exclusive or an AT&T exclusive.
    08-01-2014 11:17 PM
    If they don't update my 8X I will be far less pumped.
    ginopiarulli likes this.
    08-01-2014 11:24 PM
    Better camera and physical buttons non excusive. Then yeah
    08-01-2014 11:26 PM
    Better camera and physical buttons non excusive. Then yeah
    The camera in the M8 is not stellar but then its running android. I hope the WP 8.1 software improves how the images look. But the look and feel of the M8 is the best. Speakers on the front all powered by Wp 8.1will make a real statement.
    08-01-2014 11:47 PM
    If it is only available to Verizon; then it another miss opportunity for WP growth in the U.S.
    08-01-2014 11:52 PM
    It's listed as coming to Verizon the 21st. Hopefully it will be coming to all carriers that day.
    08-01-2014 11:53 PM
    It's listed as coming to Verizon the 21st. Hopefully it will be coming to all carriers that day.
    I hope it does, as other wise it would be a massive opportunity simply thrown away.
    08-02-2014 12:05 AM
    It definitely won't be coming to all carriers that day. Probably will be on Verizon for a little while exclusively, forever, or it will just be sold unlocked gam version later on.
    08-02-2014 09:24 AM
    It definitely won't be coming to all carriers that day. Probably will be on Verizon for a little while exclusively, forever, or it will just be sold unlocked gam version later on.
    No. It'll be unlocked on Verizon on day one. Its how they roll at Verizon. The ICON on Verizon is born UNLOCKED and this one will be as well.
    08-02-2014 11:53 AM
    No. It'll be unlocked on Verizon on day one. Its how they roll at Verizon. The ICON on Verizon is born UNLOCKED and this one will be as well.
    Yup. Verizon is forced by FCC rules surrounding the 700MHz spectrum which they use for their LTE to leave all their LTE devices unlocked. That's why the Icon, the iPhone 5s, the Galaxy S5, and all other Verizon LTE phones are unlocked. But, you may not get LTE on other carriers. Other than that they should work fine.
    08-02-2014 12:58 PM
    Yup. Verizon is forced by FCC rules surrounding the 700MHz spectrum which they use for their LTE to leave all their LTE devices unlocked. That's why the Icon, the iPhone 5s, the Galaxy S5, and all other Verizon LTE phones are unlocked. But, you may not get LTE on other carriers. Other than that they should work fine.
    True on the LTE. You'll sit on EDGE if you put the ICON on AT&T. And to be honest, even that experience with the ICON on EDGE wasn't half bad.
    08-02-2014 01:21 PM
    If it is only available to Verizon; then it another miss opportunity for WP growth in the U.S.
    Verizon is the largest carrier in the US, its phones are all factory unlocked and has more WP8 LTE phones than any other carrier. Please explain how this will be such a huge mistake. Let me guess, you don't have Verizon service.
    08-02-2014 03:24 PM
    True on the LTE. You'll sit on EDGE if you put the ICON on AT&T. And to be honest, even that experience with the ICON on EDGE wasn't half bad.
    The Icon supports the 850 & 1900 bands on UMTS. Why would it be stuck on EDGE unless you're in a dead zone?
    08-02-2014 03:27 PM
    Verizon is the largest carrier in the US, its phones are all factory unlocked and has more WP8 LTE phones than any other carrier. Please explain how this will be such a huge mistake. Let me guess, you don't have Verizon service.
    Because Verizon is only bigger than AT&T by just a couple million people, so it's a loss to the US due to it not being on every carrier, only locked to one.
    08-02-2014 03:34 PM
    Because Verizon is only bigger than AT&T by just a couple million people, so it's a loss to the US due to it not being on every carrier, only locked to one.
    Did you not read my post correctly or some of the other posts in this thread? ALL Verizon phones are factory unlocked as the result of a negotiated settlement with the FCC.
    08-02-2014 03:39 PM
    Did you not read my post correctly or some of the other posts in this thread? ALL Verizon phones are factory unlocked as the result of a negotiated settlement with the FCC.
    Yes, but that also means that if you're not on Verizon, you have to pay out of pocket right then and there, instead of paying for it monthly. Even then, it's not guaranteed to work 100%, as others have mentioned on other threads for stuff like internet sharing and not getting the fastest speeds.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    08-02-2014 03:47 PM
    Pretty lame article
    "Nokia, which is now part of Microsoft and sells the more Windows Phones than anyone else, tends to make chunky, brick-like plastic phones that are pretty dull looking. This will be the first time Windows Phone users will get a premium device with a design that rivals the iPhone."
    08-02-2014 03:49 PM
    I say good luck to anybody trying to buy a phone from Verizon without an active contract. I have an active contract and I have to jump through hoops and deal with a ton of bull**** to just buy one full retail and not touch my contract.
    08-02-2014 03:52 PM

Did you try switching the highest speed to 3G?
    08-02-2014 04:03 PM
    Pretty lame article
    "Nokia, which is now part of Microsoft and sells the more Windows Phones than anyone else, tends to make chunky, brick-like plastic phones that are pretty dull looking. This will be the first time Windows Phone users will get a premium device with a design that rivals the iPhone."
    I though the same thing let's not forget the Pureview that nokia brings. That being said I'm excited for this phone but the only thing is the 4 ultra mp camera.
    08-02-2014 04:04 PM
    Yes, but that also means that if you're not on Verizon, you have to pay out of pocket right then and there, instead of paying for it monthly. Even then, it's not guaranteed to work 100%, as others have mentioned on other threads for stuff like internet sharing and not getting the fastest speeds.
    ANY phone that gets unlocked may have issues with features if used outside its native network. As for paying full price, who subsidizes a sim-free phone? Nobody. Carrier exclusives is nothing new. It just turns into an issue when a device is released on a network you're not on. You think people on T-Mobile don't wish to have a 1020 on contract? Or Sprint subscribers wanting a 1520? Can't please everybody.
    08-02-2014 08:16 PM
    Did you try switching the highest speed to 3G?
    I haven't. My son may have but I haven't. Something to consider.
    08-02-2014 08:38 PM
    Pretty lame article
    I don't think the Lumia line is anything clunky but I'll leave that at your opinion and not worth debating. Its technology and it is its design, not a fashion statement. Never picked a phone based on the sneakers I wear or how tight you wear your jeans. You may have but its not what I do.
    I like the design of the 920, the ICON, the 1020 and the 1520. They are all practical designs and extremely solid. I also like the design of the HTC One M8 and I'm sure there will be disagreement there but again, not worth debating.
    jonda99 likes this.
    08-02-2014 08:49 PM
    I don't think the Lumia line is anything clunky but I'll leave that at your opinion and not worth debating. Its technology and it is its design, not a fashion statement. Never picked a phone based on the sneakers I wear or how tight you wear your jeans. You may have but its not what I do.
    I like the design of the 920, the ICON, the 1020 and the 1520. They are all practical designs and extremely solid. I also like the design of the HTC One M8 and I'm sure there will be disagreement there but again, not worth debating.
    Careful there my friend, you might start another one of those "phones are sexy" threads. BTW, I could have gone the rest of my life without reading that tight jeans comment.
    08-02-2014 08:59 PM
51 123