What's so great about the upcoming HTC W8 phone??

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
What is the special thing that the phone will have which the Lumia 930 doesn't have, seeing the hype for it. I mean, with Lumia you get better support. See the 8X situation about the updates. Also it's gonna be some crappy camera like it's Android counterpart, or even if it is 13MP, it won't be a match for 930. Then what is that special thing the hype I'm seeing for that phone??

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would say not much other than it's another company making a phone. I always see people saying it's got a good design, but I personally think it's ugly. I had an HTC WP7 phone, it was ok but it's no where near the quality of my lumia.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I would say not much other than it's another company making a phone. I always see people saying it's got a good design, but I personally think it's ugly. I had an HTC WP7 phone, it was ok but it's no where near the quality of my lumia.

Couldn't agree with this more, from the reasons given to the sentiments re overrated aesthetics.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
What is the special thing that the phone will have which the Lumia 930 doesn't have, seeing the hype for it. I mean, with Lumia you get better support. See the 8X situation about the updates. Also it's gonna be some crappy camera like it's Android counterpart, or even if it is 13MP, it won't be a match for 930. Then what is that special thing the hype I'm seeing for that phone??
In America. The name Nokia associates with chunky phones that are indestructible. The Nokia name means nothing to them. But an option like htc which is known in the US is good for them. And it's just a dev preview wow. It snot like you're not getting the official update.

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Well Boom sound stereo speakers and Hi-quality head phone experience (htc and apple are best in audio output) and snapdragon 801 with awesome front camera and hot design (rather than design of nokia that looks like bricks) so why should i consider buying a Nokia with somehow same price when I'm offered best hardware and sound quality
I'm sure that this device will get reasonable amount of support
(htc phones got all gdr updates before Nokia in past years)

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Well Boom sound stereo speakers and Hi-quality head phone experience (htc and apple are best in audio output) and snapdragon 801 with awesome front camera and hot design (rather than design of nokia that looks like bricks) so why should i consider buying a Nokia with somehow same price when I'm offered best hardware and sound quality
I'm sure that this device will get reasonable amount of support
(htc phones got all gdr updates before Nokia in past years)
If you are talking about line out adapter using lightning adapter maybe, but if you are talking about the headphone jack then you are soeely wrong. Apples preamps for the headphones are nothing special at all.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the only possible 'downer' is the camera. I use my phone instead of a point and click for pretty much all my photos, so to be able to print a nice image up to 8x10 is important to me.
It does look very nice and will be very tempting.
The only thing, on Android the One differs itself from the competition with the exclusive software as well as the design. This wont have quite the same impact on WP where 'skinning' even light skinning isn't possible. So at the least they need to bring Blink Feed and Zoe along with the hardware.

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
If you are talking about line out adapter using lightning adapter maybe, but if you are talking about the headphone jack then you are soeely wrong. Apples preamps for the headphones are nothing special at all.

well i tested that both with beats urbeats and beats studio and stock htc headphone and in both htc and apple device (5s) managed to beat the Nokia 925 and galaxy s4 they had the best loudness and quality in my opinion (apple was slightly better that HTC)
And i agree with you in lightning part

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I understand this sentiment somewhat. On paper, the One W8 will basically be a 930 with a lousier camera and no wireless charging.

And yet, I'm not interested in the 930 but I'm anxiously awaiting the One's arrival. It's irrational I know, but design does matter.

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Why are u guys arguing this matter....if people are willing to buy the HTC windows phone, let them buy. Isn't it a win win situation?

I'll rather have the windows phone platform grow than to be a Nokia or HTC loyalist.

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Why are u guys arguing this matter....if people are willing to buy the HTC windows phone, let them buy. Isn't it a win win situation?

I'll rather have the windows phone platform grow than to be a Nokia or HTC loyalist.

the point is that maybe someone has reasons that you hadn't noticed about the product we are reasonable people always trying to learn and sometimes change our opinions about things we hate or love
And you are right
the point is to see WP platform grow 😁

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
1 - its a start. Now we are not restricted with limitations and getting last years hardware due to MS lifting restrictions for OEMs

2 - Nokia tends to tie its flagship devices to exclusive carriers so other have an option if they want high end and WP.

3 - more OEMs make for a stronger market share. This name brand loyalty thing here is for the birds and childish.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If you've never owned a M7 or M8, then I guess it's a valid question, but if you have, you would know why it's going to be awesome.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the only possible 'downer' is the camera. I use my phone instead of a point and click for pretty much all my photos, so to be able to print a nice image up to 8x10 is important to me.
It does look very nice and will be very tempting.
The only thing, on Android the One differs itself from the competition with the exclusive software as well as the design. This wont have quite the same impact on WP where 'skinning' even light skinning isn't possible. So at the least they need to bring Blink Feed and Zoe along with the hardware.

I heard that is the plan. That would be amazing.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

See for yourself at this device running Android. Can you imagine this device running Windows Phone 8.1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwsPZi_JRrA&sns=em

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the M7 and am tempted to get the M8. The remote feature is nice to have around and is fun to mess around with. The notification led is great as well. The front camera would be awesome with Skype and pictures in general along with the front speakers. If I didn't love the size of my 1520, I would jump ship to the M8 especially now that it has SD card support too.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Its an HTC M8 running windows phone 8.1
But by the time its out it'll be 6months old, everyone will complain about it and will want the next thing.

The best thing about it is that it appears to be a no compromise straight up OS swap on a flagship android device. Up until now every WP device had to be different than its android flagship counterpart and people questioned why that was the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99