What's so great about the upcoming HTC W8 phone??

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Dot view case is cool but it totally defeats the purpose of having a supposedly beautiful device. I much prefer glance screen on a caseless Lumia. But that's all subjective.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Now that the phone has need announced, I gotta agree it's an impressive phone indeed. But, if I had to upgrade, I'd want a device with the similar specs but from Nokia, maybe 935 with glance screen. Let's put the specs together. Snapdragon 801, stereo speakers, 20MP pureview camera, microSD card slot, IR blaster, bigger battery, slimmer body and glance screen.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Now that the phone has need announced, I gotta agree it's an impressive phone indeed. But, if I had to upgrade, I'd want a device with the similar specs but from Nokia, maybe 935 with glance screen. Let's put the specs together. Snapdragon 801, stereo speakers, 20MP pureview camera, microSD card slot, IR blaster, bigger battery, slimmer body and glance screen.
But when will nokia make this phone. By the time they release this, we might be seeing phones with snapdragon 810s. The m8 literally has everything in that list except a 20mp camera and a glance screen. I don't think we'll see another windows phone like this in a while.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
But when will nokia make this phone. By the time they release this, we might be seeing phones with snapdragon 810s. The m8 literally has everything in that list except a 20mp camera and a glance screen. I don't think we'll see another windows phone like this in a while.

Yup, M8 has most the things, except support from direct Microsoft (Nokia). Also the 930 ain't really a slouch, OIS and HAAC mics are enough for me to choose 930. But, it needs all those features to be truly a flagship.

Blake Quartly

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I agree... The HTC is ugly in my opinion. It doesn't match the Windows Phone design style at all. The support will never be as good as Lumia's either. Dot-view is a nice idea but that's about it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree... The HTC is ugly in my opinion. It doesn't match the Windows Phone design style at all. The support will never be as good as Lumia's either. Dot-view is a nice idea but that's about it.

I don't think the Windows Phone design has to be either big and heavy and/or colorful.

I'm glad more premium devices are coming to Windows Phone. The 925 and the 930 are too, but the 90% metal does feel more premium.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss