08-24-2014 07:25 PM
51 123
tools
    What is the special thing that the phone will have which the Lumia 930 doesn't have, seeing the hype for it. I mean, with Lumia you get better support. See the 8X situation about the updates. Also it's gonna be some crappy camera like it's Android counterpart, or even if it is 13MP, it won't be a match for 930. Then what is that special thing the hype I'm seeing for that phone??
    08-10-2014 03:30 AM
    I would say not much other than it's another company making a phone. I always see people saying it's got a good design, but I personally think it's ugly. I had an HTC WP7 phone, it was ok but it's no where near the quality of my lumia.
    hasasimo likes this.
    08-10-2014 03:35 AM
    I would say not much other than it's another company making a phone. I always see people saying it's got a good design, but I personally think it's ugly. I had an HTC WP7 phone, it was ok but it's no where near the quality of my lumia.
    Couldn't agree with this more, from the reasons given to the sentiments re overrated aesthetics.
    08-10-2014 04:41 AM
    What is the special thing that the phone will have which the Lumia 930 doesn't have, seeing the hype for it. I mean, with Lumia you get better support. See the 8X situation about the updates. Also it's gonna be some crappy camera like it's Android counterpart, or even if it is 13MP, it won't be a match for 930. Then what is that special thing the hype I'm seeing for that phone??
    In America. The name Nokia associates with chunky phones that are indestructible. The Nokia name means nothing to them. But an option like htc which is known in the US is good for them. And it's just a dev preview wow. It snot like you're not getting the official update.
    08-10-2014 04:49 AM
    Well Boom sound stereo speakers and Hi-quality head phone experience (htc and apple are best in audio output) and snapdragon 801 with awesome front camera and hot design (rather than design of nokia that looks like bricks) so why should i consider buying a Nokia with somehow same price when I'm offered best hardware and sound quality
    I'm sure that this device will get reasonable amount of support
    (htc phones got all gdr updates before Nokia in past years)
    08-10-2014 04:58 AM
    Well Boom sound stereo speakers and Hi-quality head phone experience (htc and apple are best in audio output) and snapdragon 801 with awesome front camera and hot design (rather than design of nokia that looks like bricks) so why should i consider buying a Nokia with somehow same price when I'm offered best hardware and sound quality
    I'm sure that this device will get reasonable amount of support
    (htc phones got all gdr updates before Nokia in past years)
    If you are talking about line out adapter using lightning adapter maybe, but if you are talking about the headphone jack then you are soeely wrong. Apples preamps for the headphones are nothing special at all.
    08-10-2014 05:12 AM
    Yeah the only possible 'downer' is the camera. I use my phone instead of a point and click for pretty much all my photos, so to be able to print a nice image up to 8x10 is important to me.
    It does look very nice and will be very tempting.
    The only thing, on Android the One differs itself from the competition with the exclusive software as well as the design. This wont have quite the same impact on WP where 'skinning' even light skinning isn't possible. So at the least they need to bring Blink Feed and Zoe along with the hardware.
    08-10-2014 05:17 AM
    If you are talking about line out adapter using lightning adapter maybe, but if you are talking about the headphone jack then you are soeely wrong. Apples preamps for the headphones are nothing special at all.
    well i tested that both with beats urbeats and beats studio and stock htc headphone and in both htc and apple device (5s) managed to beat the Nokia 925 and galaxy s4 they had the best loudness and quality in my opinion (apple was slightly better that HTC)
    And i agree with you in lightning part
    08-10-2014 08:01 AM
    I understand this sentiment somewhat. On paper, the One W8 will basically be a 930 with a lousier camera and no wireless charging.

And yet, I'm not interested in the 930 but I'm anxiously awaiting the One's arrival. It's irrational I know, but design does matter.
    k0de likes this.
    08-10-2014 11:08 AM
    Why are u guys arguing this matter....if people are willing to buy the HTC windows phone, let them buy. Isn't it a win win situation?

I'll rather have the windows phone platform grow than to be a Nokia or HTC loyalist.
    Dazzi, Villain, k0de and 3 others like this.
    08-10-2014 11:29 AM
    Why are u guys arguing this matter....if people are willing to buy the HTC windows phone, let them buy. Isn't it a win win situation?

I'll rather have the windows phone platform grow than to be a Nokia or HTC loyalist.
    the point is that maybe someone has reasons that you hadn't noticed about the product we are reasonable people always trying to learn and sometimes change our opinions about things we hate or love
    And you are right
    the point is to see WP platform grow 😁
    08-10-2014 12:07 PM
    Bigger battery. Faster processor. More RAM. SD memory expansion up to 128gb. These are all clear advantages over the 930.
    08-10-2014 09:34 PM
    1 - its a start. Now we are not restricted with limitations and getting last years hardware due to MS lifting restrictions for OEMs

2 - Nokia tends to tie its flagship devices to exclusive carriers so other have an option if they want high end and WP.

3 - more OEMs make for a stronger market share. This name brand loyalty thing here is for the birds and childish.
    08-10-2014 09:50 PM
    If you've never owned a M7 or M8, then I guess it's a valid question, but if you have, you would know why it's going to be awesome.
    08-10-2014 09:55 PM
    Yeah the only possible 'downer' is the camera. I use my phone instead of a point and click for pretty much all my photos, so to be able to print a nice image up to 8x10 is important to me.
    It does look very nice and will be very tempting.
    The only thing, on Android the One differs itself from the competition with the exclusive software as well as the design. This wont have quite the same impact on WP where 'skinning' even light skinning isn't possible. So at the least they need to bring Blink Feed and Zoe along with the hardware.
    I heard that is the plan. That would be amazing.
    08-10-2014 09:57 PM
    See for yourself at this device running Android. Can you imagine this device running Windows Phone 8.1.

08-10-2014 10:25 PM
    The on screen buttons, of course! /s

The buttons are actually the main thing the 930/Icon has over the HTC One W8, imo.
    08-10-2014 10:26 PM
    The flip cover and notification LED I guess.
    08-10-2014 10:34 PM
    I have the M7 and am tempted to get the M8. The remote feature is nice to have around and is fun to mess around with. The notification led is great as well. The front camera would be awesome with Skype and pictures in general along with the front speakers. If I didn't love the size of my 1520, I would jump ship to the M8 especially now that it has SD card support too.
    08-10-2014 11:12 PM
    Its an HTC M8 running windows phone 8.1
    But by the time its out it'll be 6months old, everyone will complain about it and will want the next thing.

The best thing about it is that it appears to be a no compromise straight up OS swap on a flagship android device. Up until now every WP device had to be different than its android flagship counterpart and people questioned why that was the case.
    08-11-2014 01:00 AM
    Ah.. Well. I had missed so many points about the HTC. Better music quality, IR blaster, bigger battery to name a few. Design is a preference and I find 930 to be better looking. But still there's a question, will it get support on par with the Lumia. See the 8X, no signs of 8.1 firmware for it while half of the Lumias got Cyan. I know, it's gonna have Update 1 on-board. But what about when update 3 is released. I think Lumia phones have an edge when it comes to support from OEM about future updates. I think with the Pureview camera with OEM support 930 one ups the W8 any time.
    08-11-2014 01:11 AM
    well i tested that both with beats urbeats and beats studio and stock htc headphone and in both htc and apple device (5s) managed to beat the Nokia 925 and galaxy s4 they had the best loudness and quality in my opinion (apple was slightly better that HTC)
    And i agree with you in lightning part
    Not sure what your reference is, but Apple's dac/preamp is nothing special at all, not in their iphones, ipads or imacs period. Beats headphones are hardly the benchmark when it comes to headphones either.

If anything the Nokia Lumia 930 surpass Apples call quality by quite a bit, then again improving on the sound quality or lack there of on Iphone 5C can hardly be seen as an accomplishment.

If the it will be anything like the current Android version, sound quality is certainly not an edge. Unless of course you buy into name like boomsound and like to listen to your phones speaker for music.
    Last edited by Paul Lindqvist; 08-11-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    08-11-2014 08:38 AM
    Not sure what your reference is, but Apple's dac/preamp is nothing special at all, not in their iphones, ipads or imacs period. Beats headphones are hardly the benchmark when it comes to headphones either.

If anything the Nokia Lumia 930 surpass Apples call quality by quite a bit, then again improving on the sound quality or lack there of on Iphone 5C can hardly be seen as an accomplishment.

If the it will be anything like the current Android version, sound quality is certainly not an edge. Unless of course you buy into name like boomsound and like to listen to your phones speaker for music.
    I agree every head phone is built for different music genre beats are good for hip-hop and pop (whatever envolves beat) but me myself still think that audio output is best with htc and iphone (every headphone you might wanna guess) but its only an opinion
    By the way i broke my beats urbeats (that s**t can't be kept more than 6 months) I'm searching for another headphone but probably won't choose beats because now I'm listening to more rock and metal rather than pop and hip-hop so if you know headphones good for that genre your help is highly appreciated ^o^
    08-11-2014 09:39 AM

I agree with you somehow every headphone is good for a genres like beats for pop and hip-hop (anything that involves beats) but i still think that apple and htc are best in audio output
    By the way I broke my beats urbeats (that s**t can't be kept for more than 6 months) so if know any headphones that are good for rock and metal genres you can tell me about it your help would be highly appreciated ^▽^
    08-11-2014 09:44 AM

well i wrote a big answer for you 4 time and this buggy wpcentral app hadn't post that well i give up
    08-11-2014 09:49 AM
51 123