Any high-end Lumia coming?

eak1570

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I think about to buy 930 but I think maybe Nokia /Microsoft will release new device with 930 design with slim body and upgrade spec.. Should I wait around 2-3 months?

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Why not? You cannot use the international version of the 930 in the U.S. anyways - just compare radio frequencies. Better yet; go to the 930 forum and read the posts!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No news regarding a new high-end Lumia, it wouldn't make sense since the 930 is still new anyway. I'd just pull the trigger.

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The 830 is literally an affordable high end device. It should be a thinner 930 with better speakers and a smaller screen. And it will cost half as much.

Last edited:

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I think about to buy 930 but I think maybe Nokia /Microsoft will release new device with 930 design with slim body and upgrade spec.. Should I wait around 2-3 months?

Think ooutside the box. Windows Phones flagships are no longer just Lumias.

Grab the new HTCOne on August 19.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
You mean switch carriers to Verizon and then get the HTC One? Carrier exclusives are a terrible idea for WP.

Agree. But what other alternatives do we have?

No one but Verizon are making the effort of selling Windows Phones flagships.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Agree. But what other alternatives do we have?

No one but Verizon are making the effort of selling Windows Phones flagships.
But AT&T has the most available and is the only US carrier to officially support the class leading Lumia 1020. The 1520 is more capable feature wise with its SD expansion as well ,but the only downside is it's size for a lot of people. The 1520 has SD expansion the 930 doesn't even though essentially the same phone. But again these differentiations and carrier exclusives make no sense at all. All it does is make the end user frustrated because that carrier has that feature and this carrier doesn't. But until Microsoft changes things, we really don't have a choice outside of buying unlocked phones.

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I hate carrier exclusives. Many people wont switch to get a device and personally I choose carrier due to area coverage.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In all honesty if size of the phone is not an issue, grab your self a bargain and bag the 1520.3. If you want to wait then there is no harm doing so, as your not losing anything lol.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
With the cancellation of the McLaren device, it's not hard to imagine Microsoft never releasing another high end device. They seem to be withdrawing from Windows Phone in general and I doing we're going to see a high end device any time soon. The easiest growth is in the lower end of the market where they have done well.

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile, and the Lumia 1525 might just be my next. I'm really hoping that 3 GB of RAM part is true, but the 25-30 megapixel camera wouldn't hurt too.. I just don't want to wait another year for a high-end wp, and this December is going to be my 3rd anniversary on this HTC Radar.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
If you were to switch to the HTC as the next high end WP, would you loose Local Scout and other apps that are on WP from MS? Does MS own the Nokia apps now, could they sell the rights to HTC to use some of them on their phones, just asking. I know its a long shot.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The odds are good that the VZW One will be unlocked anyway. (People have taken VZW WP's to other carriers since they have unlocked GSM radios in them too like the Icon, 928...)

Verizon WP seem to have some trouble with other carrier networks. Go to the Icon forum where it is discussed for 6 months. Somehow Verizon has put something into their branded WP so that it doe not work fully on other carriers; unlike the Verizon iPhone and Nexus smartphones which works 100%.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
At the moment there seems to be no news of a new flagship arriving but even if it did, wouldn't matter.

The Snapdragon 800 for all intents and purposes still performs just as fast as the latest Snapdragon 801 and 805 SOCs.

The design of the 1520 is amazing as well. <3

But if you still want to wait you won't have to wait for 2-3 months I think a Microsoft event is around the corner and they'll announce a new device soon.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile, and the Lumia 1525 might just be my next. I'm really hoping that 3 GB of RAM part is true, but the 25-30 megapixel camera wouldn't hurt too.. I just don't want to wait another year for a high-end wp, and this December is going to be my 3rd anniversary on this HTC Radar.
My goodness man! You survived for three years on 8gb of storage? I had the Radar when it first came out too but the limited storage forced me to move on to the Samsung Focus. I own an unlocked Lumia 1020 with no regrets. You really gotta upgrade pal.lol But hopefully something in the high end department surfaces soon.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My goodness man! You survived for three years on 8gb of storage? I had the Radar when it first came out too but the limited storage forced me to move on to the Samsung Focus. I own an unlocked Lumia 1020 with no regrets. You really gotta upgrade pal.lol But hopefully something in the high end department surfaces soon.

Heh, that's nothing! I once had to move from a 64 MB Palm PDA to a 16 MB one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077