Any high-end Lumia coming?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think about to buy 930 but I think maybe Nokia /Microsoft will release new device with 930 design with slim body and upgrade spec.. Should I wait around 2-3 months?

I'm locked in until November, but I don't think we will see a flagship until Spring 2015. Samsung may do an S5 port over, but I can't see Nokia throwing out a 930 beater for a long while. This is the year of the mid and low range devices from here on in.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow if the unofficial specs hold up on the Lumia 830 with a better than 8mp camera(hopefully 20), removable battery and back cover, SD slot, and at least 720p screen fitted in a very comfortable and ideal 4.5-4.7" screen AND available for T-Mobile(take a deep breath), I will definitely be getting this phone. September 4th is gonna be huge. English majors please forgive me for that long run-on sentence.lol

jano7878

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Intl Lumia 830 will be 5". Look at the phone dimensions from leaks - same as L930. Maybe US variants (Verizon, T-mobile) will be smaller.

miarkus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Can't wait to upgrade L1020 to 1030 hope we'll get some leaks just after 830 announcement. 41mpix was spot on hope this time Ms will have another extraordinary present for us..

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to upgrade L1020 to 1030 hope we'll get some leaks just after 830 announcement. 41mpix was spot on hope this time Ms will have another extraordinary present for us..
An updated 1020 with 5" 1080p screen, 801 processor and SD slot available to all carriers would annihilate the game. Wonder what's taking so long. It's like they know the phone would be too good so they won't release it. I mean really, how many people would choose any other Windows Phone or any other phone for that matter, with those kind of specs? Even the Apple heads and Androidians would be tempted.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Intl Lumia 830 will be 5". Look at the phone dimensions from leaks - same as L930. Maybe US variants (Verizon, T-mobile) will be smaller.

Hope you're right! But if that's the case, how is this phone any worse than a 930? Something significant has to be worse else I don't think they'd call it an 830, but rather a 935 or something.

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Considering that rumors of the 1525 stopped as soon as Mclaren was cancelled, I'm guessing the 1525 was Mclaren. A 1525 would be great, but if it is real, will likely be called 1530.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
It's really aggravating that nothing is worth getting anytime soon.
830 will be neutered without wireless charging, 1080p screen, and have horrible capacitive buttons. I can't stand accidentally hitting the search or back buttons.
HTC One M8 won't have a decent enough camera that I want or wireless charging either.

It's just really a sad time to be WP fan. Just pretty depressing and makes me want to go to Android. I'm one of the biggest MS supporter too having had a Surface Pro 1, then Surface 2, now a Surface Pro 3 and having to deal with my 920 while Bluetooth has been broke since Lumia Black.

MS needs to get the management in order and quit letting carriers mess with anything. It's just ruining the experience and life of the platform.

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I feel you man :( just hope the 1525(if it ever comes out) has hardware buttons instead of software bs... Other than that no :\ might just return to Android or maybe get a iphone

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to know who's fault it was that the HTC One launched as a Verizon exclusive. The fact that AT&T was so quick to announce they'd be getting it after they saw the good response it got on Verizon tells me that maybe the other carriers weren't willing to jump off the ledge. Verizon appears to be the most dedicated to releasing high end WP devices. It might be your carrier who's at fault for carrying mostly low and mid range devices.

Sent from my AWESOME, incredibly fast HTC One M8 for Windows.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to know who's fault it was that the HTC One launched as a Verizon exclusive. The fact that AT&T was so quick to announce they'd be getting it after they saw the good response it got on Verizon tells me that maybe the other carriers weren't willing to jump off the ledge. Verizon appears to be the most dedicated to releasing high end WP devices. It might be your carrier who's at fault for carrying mostly low and mid range devices.

Sent from my AWESOME, incredibly fast HTC One M8 for Windows.

Lack of camera button is a deal breaker.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's really aggravating that nothing is worth getting anytime soon.
830 will be neutered without wireless charging, 1080p screen, and have horrible capacitive buttons. I can't stand accidentally hitting the search or back buttons.
HTC One M8 won't have a decent enough camera that I want or wireless charging either.

It's just really a sad time to be WP fan. Just pretty depressing and makes me want to go to Android. I'm one of the biggest MS supporter too having had a Surface Pro 1, then Surface 2, now a Surface Pro 3 and having to deal with my 920 while Bluetooth has been broke since Lumia Black.

MS needs to get the management in order and quit letting carriers mess with anything. It's just ruining the experience and life of the platform.

What makes you think the 830 won't come with Qi? Just curious if you've read anything I haven't.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
He's probably referring to AT&T's meddling and ripping Qi out of the 1520 in favor of a competing standard.

Ah yes, I suppose that's likely. I really hope the AT&T variant doesn't offer something better than others that makes users have to choose between that variant (and no Qi) and an otherwise inferior variant with Qi. We deserve the best of all Lumia 830 worlds.

Last edited:

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The 830 is literally an affordable high end device. It should be a thinner 930 with better speakers and a smaller screen. And it will cost half as much.

The words affordable and high end don't go well together. Everyone is wanting something new. A flagship device. Not a 930 with better speakers...

anon(8171782)

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The words affordable and high end don't go well together. Everyone is wanting something new. A flagship device. Not a 930 with better speakers...

True...i was thinking the same.ms new strategy is cut features out and sell it cheap. Maybe cheap will get more people on wp platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99