Hey guys,
    So with Windows Phone's hardware requirements loosen and HTC One (M8) for Windows is coming, do you think there are any chance we could see devices like Samsung ATIV S5 or Sony VAIO Z2 in near future? (well I guess you know what I'm talking about)

Let's discuss :)
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-16-2014 09:35 PM
    Well, I know from rumor ZTE was prepping a monster flagship-style device for WP.

Otherwise, everything else is rumor or non-existent. I feel Samsung will release something to follow up the ATIV S, (The ATIV SE is a fantastic device), but they usually only go limited availibility, and they need to iron out some patent payment problems with MS. Also keep hearing both Sony and LG are prepping some decent handsets that are above entry level, though I have heard zero.

Right now, the slump for WP device rumors continues. I do not think Fall can get here soon enough, for it looks like 2014 is a wash for WP.
    TheFFK786 likes this.
    08-18-2014 01:17 AM
    Would love to see Sony enter the WP market!
    TheFFK786 and RJ Priest like this.
    08-18-2014 01:22 AM
    Otherwise, everything else is rumor or non-existent. I feel Samsung will release something to follow up the ATIV S, (The ATIV SE is a fantastic device), but they usually only go limited availibility, and they need to iron out some patent payment problems with MS. Also keep hearing both Sony and LG are prepping some decent handsets that are above entry level, though I have heard zero.
    Heard that Samsung will release ATIV Core, but it's no flagship, though...

It'll be great to see more Windows Phone flagships (imagine a LG G3 or Flex with Windows Phone)
    But if their support is half-hearted, it'll be just a waste...
    08-18-2014 09:45 AM
    I'd be surprised if the next entrant after Nokia brought a true flagship rather than upper midrange. I think its a really big bet/investment for someone else to jump right into the flagship arena on WP. I wish though...
    08-19-2014 01:57 AM
    I'd be surprised if the next entrant after Nokia brought a true flagship rather than upper midrange. I think its a really big bet/investment for someone else to jump right into the flagship arena on WP. I wish though...
    Yes and no. Investing in developing the firmware for the device and testing it yes. But those looking for more sales/market penetration for the flagships they could start by just making a WP version of their current flagship much like HTC did. The high end phones have limited markets unlike budget phones so many could do well if they have something unique to offer.
    08-19-2014 05:15 PM