41 Megapixel Lumia with Snapdragon coming in early 2015

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes because in December We will get Update which will make Snapdragon 805 Work on Windows Phone and Only Snapdragon 805 can handle 41 Megapixel fine 801 and 800 Can't.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The 800 and 801 can handle 41 MP camera, even the years old Snapdragon S4 could and that's why it was used in the 1020.

This is purely speculation and I wouldn't believe this.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Is this mere speculation? If so, please say smth like : "This is what I HOPE to see / I think it will be...."

This only misleads people ==

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Have you read? They Made it support it that's why it was so Slow with Shots

That's exaclty what I am trying to say, they can make a Snapdragon 800 and 801 work with a 41 MP sensor but it would be slow as well.

The 805 has support for Gigapixel ISPs and can support 55 MP sensors.

But Nokia spent a lot of years creating the technology used in the Pureview 808 and 1020, I'm pretty sure they are working on a possible 1030 but they will need some way to reduce the cost, which might involve using a older SOCs, or reducing the display quality to 720p.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
That's exaclty what I am trying to say, they can make a Snapdragon 800 and 801 work with a 41 MP sensor but it would be slow as well.

The 805 has support for Gigapixel ISPs and can support 55 MP sensors.

But Nokia spent a lot of years creating the technology used in the Pureview 808 and 1020, I'm pretty sure they are working on a possible 1030 but they will need some way to reduce the cost, which might involve using a older SOCs, or reducing the display quality to 720p.
Why reduce cost?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Why reduce cost?

A Snapdragon 805 + 41 MP or above sensor with improved optics and possibly 4K recording capabilities + a bigger better screen + 1080p or 2K screen = a phone that will be way too expensive.

That's why they might have to make sacrifices somewhere. Personally if 720p is the only sacrifice, I'm okay with that because I've used a 720p display and am currently using a 1080p one and I don't see a massive difference.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Why does everyone assume the 1020's (or an improved) sensor will cost so much more? How much more did the 1020 cost than other phones with the same specs? Not much...

It could also be a loss leader phone, although the 1020 didn't sell terribly well. Maybe a faster CPU would help it some this time.

I think a 5" 1080p, 805 + 41MP phone would sell decent. I'd be all over it. I dont heed anything else. Hopefully an SD card.

Heck, 1080p is below normal (for a flagship), these days. Remember that. They would save money just keeping it 1080p. Especially later in 2015.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
1020 sold good, its still regarded as a bench mark camera by many reviewers.
Its not the processors,its the way you make hardware and software work for you, remember the OLD GEN 808 has a slow processor and is low on RAM, but Nokia still managed to make a way, buy giving it a dedicated camera chip. 808's sensor was way to big the time it was launched.

Their is a 1030 coming for sure,its upto Nokia how to mend the software and hardware to get the best results.
Nothing is impossible, Nokia have years of experience up their sleeves, now they working with MS things just can get better.

Tom Warren from The Verge had reported the 1020 successor wont have 41 mp, It does'nt mean the camera will be bad.
Bigger sensor,Less amount of pixels, better image handling capabilities and amazing both daylight and low light shots can result in good 1020 successor.

2k video 4k video are just gimmicks, how many Percentage people own 2k-4k TVs or laptops.
will you record 1-3 min of 2k-4k video or 2-xx mins FULL HD video with lossless zoom ?
choice is yours.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Recording at a higher resolution is never a gimmick. If you record 1 video at 1080p and 1 at 4k (assuming proper bandwidth for both) on the same device. Take the 4k video, convert it down to 1080p, it will look better than the video recorded at 1080p natively. Supersampling. The 1020 even uses it for its 5MP images. ;)

And no, the 1020 did not sell well. Lol. It wasn't a flop, but it didn't sell well. How it sold has nothing to do with reviews or it being the best camera phone. Its just a niche product.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
1020 sold good, its still regarded as a bench mark camera by many reviewers.
Its not the processors,its the way you make hardware and software work for you, remember the OLD GEN 808 has a slow processor and is low on RAM, but Nokia still managed to make a way, buy giving it a dedicated camera chip. 808's sensor was way to big the time it was launched.

Their is a 1030 coming for sure,its upto Nokia how to mend the software and hardware to get the best results.
Nothing is impossible, Nokia have years of experience up their sleeves, now they working with MS things just can get better.

Tom Warren from The Verge had reported the 1020 successor wont have 41 mp, It does'nt mean the camera will be bad.
Bigger sensor,Less amount of pixels, better image handling capabilities and amazing both daylight and low light shots can result in good 1020 successor.

2k video 4k video are just gimmicks, how many Percentage people own 2k-4k TVs or laptops.
will you record 1-3 min of 2k-4k video or 2-xx mins FULL HD video with lossless zoom ?
choice is yours.

Actually, no. While people agree that the Lumia 1020 had a great camera sensor, many people don't think that it was the best cameraphone out there. Because a cameraphone experience isn't just based on how good the phone can zoom, it also depends on what features the camera has to offer and how fast it is.

The Verge declares the iPhone 5S as the best cameraphone out there, and rightfully so. It snaps photos lightning fast, it has slow-mo, better flash, HDR Auto, and much more natural colors than a 1020 does, not to mention the huge amount of people complaining about a yellow tint in their photos taken with the 1020.

David Rahimi explained this pretty well in one of his videos, he said that the benefit of 4K is that if you record videos of your life in 4K they'll look great even when played back years later, when 4K becomes more and more common. You should also keep in mind that many of the phones that have 4K, also have 60 FPS 1080p, something that no Windows Phone has yet.

And 1020 didn't sell all that well either.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
If it were upto me, I'd have combined every camera tech ever. Yes larger pixels with 1/1.3" sensor at f/2 with 920 like OIS to help open the aperture a bit more for low light conditions and an extra lens to record depth details and a laser for faster autofocusing plus strategically placed dual LED flash and Neon flash to mimic 3 point lighting system. With 4K video recording and Super sampling technology. And dual pixel tech for continuous focus in videos. Not to mention Zeiss Optics. And Dolby 7.1 audio recording plus haac mics.
And latest and greatest specs. SD810, 5" 2160p screen. 4GB RAM. 64GB internal. SD card slot.

Somebody pinch me already.
P.S I'm sure some of the tech is patented by LG, HTC and Canon. *sigh*

Last edited:

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The 800 and 801 can handle 41 MP camera, even the years old Snapdragon S4 could and that's why it was used in the 1020.

This is purely speculation and I wouldn't believe this.
Correction: The S4 processor was NOT capable of handling 41 MP. Nokia collaborated with Qualcomm and rewrote the chip's imaging part to make everything work.

Nokia4me

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
How about a Lumia 1030 with a Snapdragon 808 or Snapdragon 810 processor and 64 bit operating system ? It's not like it's out of the realm of possibility. It would cost a pretty penny, but it would be a flagship camera phone after all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb