Where Art Thou Nokia 1525?

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade in the next month and was hoping that we would finally see some actual support for Windows Phone in Canada, alas, still nothing. I'm like you and would like to actually see and handle the device before buying it online from some 3rd party site. Guess I'm stuck with iOS for the time being. Sigh.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that we will not see a new flagship from Nokia/MSFT this year. If they had something in the works we should know about it by now. The Note 4 became real yesterday and the iphone(s) 6 will be real next Tuesday. If Nokia has a new superphone coming out and they are not leaking real info then they do not know how to play the game.

It would not be wise for Microsoft to announce a flagship device near the announcement of the Iphone 6. They are waiting. Early October announcement for early November release.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I would think they would announce it the very day after!

No offense but the Iphone 6 is headlined on every news site in the USA. Front page on CNN.com. No matter what the phone is released by Microsoft it won't get that type of coverage. You can thank the Iphone lemmings for that.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
It would not be wise for Microsoft to announce a flagship device near the announcement of the Iphone 6. They are waiting. Early October announcement for early November release.

If they were working on something for this year we would know about it by now. They got nothin'

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
that's just a piece of glass and I believe WPC touched on that.

It could indeed be another phone, it'd be dumb if they weren't doing anything.
but it could be some guy experimenting, a prototype... anything

My comment actually had 3 links in it, one for each word. :)

1) TKTechNews reporting their contacts say Microsoft is working on releasing a 1020 successor for the holidays.
2) Jo Harlow hinting Microsoft is indeed working on bringing us the next greateat thing in mobile imaging.
3) Possible leaked front panel of an upcoming phone from Microsoft.

So while there's nothing quite substantial yet, there certainly are hints that everything over at Microsoft isn't in Limbo.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
If they are releasing a hero phone this year they are seriously stupid. We have already seen superphones from LG, HTC, Samsung and Apple. Waiting until all that hardware has been unveiled when you're already in dead last place is the worst strategy ever..

sent using tapatalk app

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
If they are releasing a hero phone this year they are seriously stupid. We have already seen superphones from LG, HTC, Samsung and Apple. Waiting until all that hardware has been unveiled when you're already in dead last place is the worst strategy ever..

sent using tapatalk app

On the contrary. Releasing a hero device around the holiday season is a very sound concept.

1) Due to the pace the technology sector moves at, the devices released during summer will seem old come the holidays.
2) Releasing a hero device during the holidays will keep it fresh in peoples mind, and people will be excited about it (thus making them wish for it).
3) Nothing opens peoples hearts and wallets like the holiday season. It's the ultimate time to release a device.

It'd be a massive mistake to wait for CES/BUILD/MWC next year. Especially since there's nothing keeping Windows Phone consumers attached to the ecosystem at this point.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
By the time they release a phone this year all Android and Apple people will already have a new phone so no new customers there. And, many WP people will have jumped ship to iOS or android because of the new hardware. Releasing a phone after everyone else when your market share sucks is a bad idea. Anyway, they aren't releasing a new high end phone. The 830 is it. Like it or leave it.
sent using tapatalk app

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...there's nothing keeping Windows Phone consumers attached to the ecosystem at this point...

I disagree, MSFT has been working overtime on the UX, making a good thing even better. UX is the number one reason I'm on Windows Phone. IMHO the UX is better than Android and iOS has a horrible UX if you expect anything beyond a remedial app grid. The Cortana experience alone has enriched things tremendously for those of us lucky enough to get her. The worldwide roll-out only helps.

For me, UX has ALWAYS trumped the over-hyped by US Tech News "App Gap" that Apple created out of thin air and the vast majority of consumers fall pray too. "Must have" apps are one to five for most users and they can find them (or substitutes) anywhere (including the web - why if it IS available there and not in an app it should be considered missing is beyond me since device screens average over 4" and browsing is so much better than 5 years ago). I would never tie myself to a less pleasing UX for the sake of one or two apps... Those who do are cheating themselves out of a larger experience. If they did switch, most likely they would discover those few apps weren't as indispensable as they had thought.

If you've not read these articles, please do so:
Do Windows Phone users need to become as haughty as Apple fans to win the battle? | Windows Phone Central
Windows Phone performs well in PCMag 2014 reader awards, but still lags behind on apps | Windows Phone Central

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I disagree, MSFT has been working overtime on the UX, making a good thing even better. UX is the number one reason I'm on Windows Phone. IMHO the UX is better than Android and iOS has a horrible UX if you expect anything beyond a remedial app grid. The Cortana experience alone has enriched things tremendously for those of us lucky enough to get her. The worldwide roll-out only helps.

I should have been more specific; hardware-wise there's nothing keeping consumers attached to the ecosystem. People invest in new devices every 1-2 years and aren't very likely to find the current hardware offering to be very satisfactory. Ever since the announcement of the Lumia 930 - a device met with mixed reviews - nothing seems to have happened on the hardware front. The Lumia 930 was delayed several months, no new international hardware from any of Microsoft's partners has been announced and Microsoft themselves seems to have scrapped the one device that was in final-stage testing.

Software-wise Microsoft are indeed making incredible leaps and bounds, and are obviously pushing the envelope for its mobile OS.

If you've not read these articles, please do so:

Haha, I have to say I laughed really hard at the second article. Android scored consistently lower in every area, but still received the highest "Likelihood of recommending" score.
- "What do you think of Android?"
- "It's complete ****."
- "Would you recommend it to anyone?"
- "Absolutely!"

Yogi76

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a beast. Huge battery. Whopping storage potential (ignore the 64GB... it does take 128GB microSDXC). Very nice display. Great camera. Works on all AT&T + all T-MoUS.

Best part? Get it NOW and stop salivating.

I'm really happy to have this as an upgrade to my 925...

I would love to get it to use on T-Mobile, but no WiFi Calling is a deal breaker for me.

SpartanJet

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I gave up today. I really wanted the 1525 as well but I ordered a iPhone 6 plus. Maybe next year when I can JUMP to a new phone Microsoft will have a top end 5.5+ Windows 9 phone ready for me (and available on Tmo).

XtiaN710

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
There any news about it's release?

Reasonably, if the phone was to release this year, it should've been announced in early September. Windows Phones take longer to become available after being announced. It wouldn't surprise me if it gets announced on September 30 or the first week of October.

If not, just get the 1520.3 at BHPhotoVideo.

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
kind of anxious for this phone...but I believe will be released next year, do you think this one will be launched with Win10?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05