10-09-2014 09:33 AM
88 ... 234
tools
    Why Nokia doesn't use premium material for its flagship devices? The polycarbonate alloy that Nokia started using since Nokia N9 is better than the cheap plastics that Samsung uses. But it is still plastic. If Nokia start using premium material like HTC One Max uses, their devices will give an amazing look and feel.
    You do realize that metal can effect signal strength, right? Nokia has been making phones a lot longer than HTC and knows this.
    KhawarNadeem likes this.
    10-01-2014 07:49 AM
    A titanium alloy, is the best thing for a Nokia flagship. I should have mentioned that why Nokia doesn't use premium material for its high end flagship devices. A titanium alloy is tough, light weight and have the premium build quality as well as premium look and feel
    10-09-2014 08:33 AM
    A titanium alloy, is the best thing for a Nokia flagship. I should have mentioned that why Nokia doesn't use premium material for its high end flagship devices. A titanium alloy is tough, light weight and have the premium build quality as well as premium look and feel
    And cost. You really think MS, the same MS that killed glance and camera buttons on half the Lumia range for cost cutting reasons would even consider this? We forget that this isn't the Nokia we used to know.
    maverick786us likes this.
    10-09-2014 08:35 AM
    Keep the Polycarbonate! The design and feel of the Lumia 800 is what first attracted me to Windows Phone. It was a thing of beauty back then and my 1520 is now with a very similar look.
    hasasimo and RJ Priest like this.
    10-09-2014 08:36 AM

I like what Microsoft did with the 830, giving it a more fresh and premium look when compared to the a-little-dull 930 and I'd rather have an accessible battery instead of a unibody phone any day of they week, it is very frustrating when my 920 freezes and I can't do anything but wait until the battery dies.
    How about a soft reset - hold Power & Volume Down for approx 10 - 15 seconds until you feel a vibration.
    That'll un-freeze it, NO data loss!
    10-09-2014 08:37 AM
    And cost. You really think MS, the same MS that killed glance and camera buttons on half the Lumia range for cost cutting reasons would even consider this? We forget that this isn't the Nokia we used to know.
    Thats why I said, for its premium device. Mid / low end devices are fine with plastic
    10-09-2014 08:38 AM
    Thats why I said, for its premium device. Mid / low end devices are fine with plastic
    Fair enough, but MS is already struggling to sell 930/1520 compared to the Galaxys and iPhones of the world. They wouldn't sell at all if they were prices as obscenely as the iPhones. :(
    10-09-2014 08:45 AM
    Well how many Nokia phones of metal have you used? Nokia uses polycarbonate, agreed, but it still has the best built quality compared to other phones.
    10-09-2014 08:47 AM
    I think the polycarbonate feels MORE premium than metal. I have owned multiple metals phones such as the HTC One, and iPhone 5 to 5S. The Lumia 1520 feels way more premium. Every person who has held the phone is blown away.

Why would you want metal. It adds weight, scratches very easily, warps, interferes with signal strength, and distributes heat. Ever play a game with a full metal phone? You feel the heat a lot more.

No thanks.
    hasasimo and Karthik Naik like this.
    10-09-2014 08:49 AM
    What premium material ?? Those who bend or get scratched very fast ??
    hasasimo likes this.
    10-09-2014 08:55 AM
    Well how many Nokia phones of metal have you used? Nokia uses polycarbonate, agreed, but it still has the best built quality compared to other phones.
    Haha. You mistake my intent...! I never said they SHOULD use it, but I just gave a reason as to why they won't. I have absolutely zero issues with the Nokia design language and build quality in my experience.
    10-09-2014 09:22 AM
    Haha. You mistake my intent...! I never said they SHOULD use it, but I just gave a reason as to why they won't. I have absolutely zero issues with the Nokia design language and build quality in my experience.

No, actually they would, after overcoming the drawbacks of iPhone 6+, Nokia would come up with a metal phone.
    10-09-2014 09:29 AM
    No, actually they would, after overcoming the drawbacks of iPhone 6+, Nokia would come up with a metal phone.
    And ditch the Fabula design language? Unlikely.
    Metal can't come in those cute colours :D

I'm still annoyed none of the new "Cyan" phones came in cyan colour, and now no Denim coloured 730 or 830. So who even knows what they're doing anymore!
    10-09-2014 09:33 AM
88 ... 234