Microsoft to announce new device on Thursday, Oct. 30th

Brad Lambert

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
It definitely looks like it is going to be called Microsoft Band. I just downloaded the Microsoft Health app on my 1520 and it seems consistent. I also thought this was interesting, popped up outside of the app:

wp_ss_20141029_0001.jpg

Notification support just won me over. Fitness tracking isn't a must-have for me. As far as the screen orientation, imagine having the display on the underside of your wrist. (As was mentioned somewhere in the FCC filing.) You simply raise your wrist as though you were looking at you palm; this sounds like an innovative solution to the awkward interaction angles on Android Wear or Apple Watch. Holding your arm at a 45* angle whilst interacting with the other arm isn't terrible natural. In my opinion.

Let's just hope that a surprise "Microsoft Lumia" flagship phone shows up "soon" like Microsoft Mobile teased in the Microsoft Lumia name blog post.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Be still my beating heart. No, wait, GET A LIFE, to coin a phrase.

Jeezus, go outside and take in the sunshine. Or talk to your neighbor. Or meditate. Or spend time with your lover and/or family.

No wonder everyone is frickin' ADD and stressed out.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
It's funny how Android and iOS trolls are already trying hard to discredit this device on every tech site you go on to read about this.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Since any new WP release it depended on their exclusive locked in U.S. carrier to actually release it for sale. Verizon shelved the Lumia 735 till next year! It all about when the carrier want to sell it! Microsoft seems to have to say in the matter!

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a SP 3 at the local Microsoft store and the manager pointed to a bunch of little boxes and told me they were announcing a new device tomorrow and that it was not a phone. He said he had no clue what they were but said they had a conference call tonight at 9:00 for training. I think it has to be the smartwatch.

Wow you were right!

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
from the comments i'm seeing, alot of people are interested in this device. although there are some who are discrediting it before its out but thats a given with anything.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Nope, with a two day battery life this has little appeal. Better luck with the 2nd gen band.

I too am concerned about the battery life, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it has little appeal with a two-day battery life. With a GPS and constant HRM, it's not like you are going to get a week of battery life anytime soon in a device this size. I have a Suunto Ambit 2 watch that the MS Band could replace in certain circumstances, and I just charge it up after every run or bike ride. It becomes a habit. I can see that extra battery life would be very nice, but as long as it is able to track my daily data on longer workouts I can probably deal with recharging it in the evening.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I too am concerned about the battery life, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it has little appeal with a two-day battery life. With a GPS and constant HRM, it's not like you are going to get a week of battery life anytime soon in a device this size. I have a Suunto Ambit 2 watch that the MS Band could replace in certain circumstances, and I just charge it up after every run or bike ride. It becomes a habit. I can see that extra battery life would be very nice, but as long as it is able to track my daily data on longer workouts I can probably deal with recharging it in the evening.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a SP 3 at the local Microsoft store and the manager pointed to a bunch of little boxes and told me they were announcing a new device tomorrow and that it was not a phone. He said he had no clue what they were but said they had a conference call tonight at 9:00 for training. I think it has to be the smartwatch.

Nice find - I'll believe everything you say now... 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb