Any new (Microsoft) device coming soon? Post your wishes/bets, if you please

Toxic_Polaris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was wondering whether there is some upcoming WP device in the store for us? In few months, at it?s best. I?m presumably buying a high-end one and particularly 930 cought my eye, as it is the best and 1520?s screen size is just not plausable for me. I know 930?s innards are still great and the system runs unbelievably smoothly, but still there?s a certain gap between it and other latest flagships and I simply don?t want to buy a phone, which will be defeated by newer models just two or three months after purchase. So what do you think on that account? When are we seeing next high-end WP powered device, maybe some 930 succesor?

I would love to see something with 5 inch. ? 5.5 inch. screen with 1080p or 2K resolution (however I don?t require a 2K), at least Snapdragon 801 and narrower body than the one 930 has got. Oh, and long lasting software support. :amaze:

Feel free to post your ideas and wishes.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
most important feature for me now is 4K recording (coming soon to high-end devices) and slow motion video recording.
Lumia's camera shoot good photos, they really need this feature.
so i will change my 920 to first phone with slow motion recording.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
so, I cant be the only one that jumped on with the lumia 920... its been 2 years, my contract is coming up, and as best as I can tell... I cant stay with WP even if I wanted to...

ATT (who Im staying with for better or worse) only sells the 635 (too lame) and 1520 (too big)... Dont even see the 930, even if that ones a rehash of a phone thats over a year old...

So, is WP done? No new flagship phones in a year and no details of something in the pipe?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 830 and HTC One M8 both are due for release this Nov 7th, one mid range another high. Outside of that no new high end devices are expected to be released till Windows Phone 10 is released

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
htc one is half way through its life cycle as an android device... I cant swallow paying for a rebadged android phone 6 months after the fact.

windows phone 10 is a year away I think... 8.1 isnt even all rolled out I dont think.

Too bad, it was a neat OS, but its clear that msft is still not serious about cell phones, annual flagship refresh is a prereq to be competitive. Guess Im left to decide if Im going android or back to iOS. I would be certain Im not alone either. Ill check it out again in 2 years, but I suspect it might be gone by then.

I appreciate the info anyway.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well TBH most of the flagship features are software updates which the current flagship (some newer) phones are going to receive anyways (Lumia Denim). The great part about WP is Microsoft is supporting all (most if not all) WP8 phones and onwards. So until knowing what Microsoft has in place with W10, its easy to take the 1520/930/HTC One as the true flagship till mid next year.

todd7900

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Like you I'm a 2 year ATT 920 owner and have been waiting for a new flagship. At this point I have resigned myself to waiting for next year and seeing what Win10 brings. I believe the biggest factor in the lack of a new true flagship is the death of McLaren earlier this year. In a way I have to give MS a little credit for not sending out a half baked or problematic device, the 830 is probably a makeshift attempt to at least get something out.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I am due for a new phone in January, but I am going to wait for a Windows Phone with USB Type-C. I will not be buying another gadget with Micro USB again. Hopefully this will come in Q1.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
most important feature for me now is 4K recording (coming soon to high-end devices) and slow motion video recording.
Lumia's camera shoot good photos, they really need this feature.
so i will change my 920 to first phone with slow motion recording.

More specifically, higher frames per second video recording and faster image capture like the iPhone has.

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I feel they will surprise us with something before the holiday season begins, probably end of this month. Like with their fitness Band they will announce and release the next day for once!

There's too many things going on for there not to be. We've got the Denim update coming with the much improved camera algorithms and apps. There's the rumours of a Music Locker service (which coming just after they plan to shutter free streaming on Xbox Music makes sense). It's over a year since the 1020 and around year for the 930 & 1520. It's still probably 8 months til Windows 10 for Mobile. There's nothing WP on the market that takes advantage of newer Qualcomm processors. The iPhone 6 comes close to matching the 930/Icon in imaging prowess and Nokia/MS will want to retain their imaging crown (ie. bring the camera of the 1020 to a more affordable price point).

I am sure MS know people are desperate for a new flagship device and I refuse to believe they are going to wait now until Windows 10 is released, it's just too far away. They know what W10 will bring so can build in any hardware that can be activated once W10 is released. I expect towards the end of the month they'll release a phone with a new and much improved Xbox Music & Lumia Camera app that will showcase the best that Window Phone 8 has to offer. Nokia always used to have music focussed phones, I think MS may return to those days and release a high end Pureview phone with music and photography as it's selling point over Apple & Android.

One can dream.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium