#MoreLumia - Was that it?

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Was the 535 really all they had to announce?
What about the video with the box and stuff?
Is the event over, or did they just announce the 535 ahead of something else?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Good question. I thought it was supposed to be today, Nov 11.

But it could have been yesterday thinking doing anything today would be tacky...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't expect any flagships before the end of the year...

I wasn't referring to flagships but to the video they released on their youtube channel.

Normally any low end phone would just get a blog post if it is going to launched in limited markets and a hands on video not a teaser trailer :p lol.

I was hoping they were going to have something about the leaked photos of the alleged 13xx / 15xx "upgrades", as people are soon to start their Christmas shopping. It would have helped sales if they had more than just a low end device for three markets.

Edit:

Also speaking of flagships, I'm not expecting any until the Windows 10 Launch and was anticipating their first Lumia phone was going to be a flagship device not a low end phone. As they could have simply announced this phone during the press event, the impact this device will have is negligible in the main stream media. You just don't build up hype and then release a blog post... it is like crying wolf when there is no wolf, do it to often and people won't take you seriously. Therefore I am seriously hoping if this is the only product they are announcing today, they refrain from doing any teaser trailers for low end devices destined initially for select emerging markets going forward.

Last edited:

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope it is just the tip of the ice berg, otherwise there are going to be a lot of disappointed people (myself included).

I wasn't referring to flagships but to the video they released on their youtube channel.

Normally any low end phone would just get a blog post if it is going to launched in limited markets and a hands on video not a teaser trailer :p lol.

I was hoping they were going to have something about the leaked photos of the alleged 13xx / 15xx "upgrades", as people are soon to start their Christmas shopping. It would have helped sales if they had more than just a low end device for three markets.

Edit:

Also speaking of flagships, I'm not expecting any until the Windows 10 Launch and was anticipating their first Lumia phone was going to be a flagship device not a low end phone. As they could have simply announced this phone during the press event, the impact this device will have is negligible in the main stream media. You just don't build up hype and then release a blog post... it is like crying wolf when there is no wolf, do it to often and people won't take you seriously. Therefore I am seriously hoping if this is the only product they are announcing today, they refrain from doing any teaser trailers for low end devices destined initially for select emerging markets going forward.

I was waiting till today to see if they announce a 920 replacement, now idk what to do

That is the reason I stated in one of my thread, that MS has gone insane!! For a mere 100$ tip, they made everyone excited, as if something big is coming on 11th Nov

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That is the reason I stated in one of my thread, that MS has gone insane!! For a mere 100$ tip, they made everyone excited, as if something big is coming on 11th Nov

Indeed they have.... what I don't understand either why the variation in the windows logo at the back?

When clearly the on-screen button is the same logo as the previous models..:grincry: . I am so looking forward to Windows Weekly this week just to see their reactions haha.

what i dont undetstand is that WindowsCentral are not writing anything about it. :S

I started writing, then noticed the end lol.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It's barely 6:00 a.m. up there in Redmond.

I'd give it till 10:00 a.m PST to see if MS shoves anything thru the door...

Simple_WiLL

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that was it. I mean...right? They said it would be an "event". That was just an announcement. Plus...I don't see any of the little gadget-ish things that was in the video being placed in the box. Doesn't add up.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I believe the 535 is all we're going to get. For the last few weeks that is the only phone we saw regularly in leaks and in testing. Also, if you remember the quote, "We’re almost ready to deliver the power of everyday mobile technology to everyone" you can see that it's hinting at an affordable phone with decent specs.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers