#MoreLumia - Was that it?

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
All I want is denim for my 930 😩 I will be getting a 535 though I was planing to get a 630 as a back up phone but not when there's the 530 around

sullitf

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Pretty disappointing to see it really was just the 535. It likely won't go on sale in the US, and even then it doesn't come close to filling the major void in premium Windows Phones.

I was hoping to see a 1020 successor, 1520 successor, or even just a re-branded 930 for sale in the US. My wife and I were close to switching to Verizon a few months ago and getting the Icon, but even that is out of the picture now and those may not get update support. I hope we see something fairly soon, I really don't want to go back to Android........

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't the 930 a 920 update?
It is, some people just cant accept the fact that the 930 took over the 920's role and hence is truly its the successor.
They wanted more and the 930 just wasn't the revolutionary upgrade they expected it to be (which is spec for spec with androids) and for some people lack of glance screen is a make or break feature.

But none of that changes the fact that the 930 takes over the 920's role as the top of the Lumia line. It could be argued the 1520 did but its a phablet and fills a different role. The 1020 could be argued to be top dog but theres no successor to it right now. If they tacked on the 41mpx camera onto a 930 that would be it. They cry foul when the 830 doesn't have what they want, but the 830 fills a lower segment of the market than the 920 so they're not predecessor/successor. I don't know what it is that seems to confuse the hell out of people, but you just follow the numbering scheme and that's where you see the succession line goes.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It is, some people just cant accept the fact that the 930 took over the 920's role and hence is truly its the successor.
They wanted more and the 930 just wasn't the revolutionary upgrade they expected it to be (which is spec for spec with androids) and for some people lack of glance screen is a make or break feature.

But none of that changes the fact that the 930 takes over the 920's role as the top of the Lumia line. It could be argued the 1520 did but its a phablet and fills a different role. The 1020 could be argued to be top dog but theres no successor to it right now. If they tacked on the 41mpx camera onto a 930 that would be it. They cry foul when the 830 doesn't have what they want, but the 830 fills a lower segment of the market than the 920 so they're not predecessor/successor. I don't know what it is that seems to confuse the hell out of people, but you just follow the numbering scheme and that's where you see the succession line goes.

Not available in USA. Here all we have is the 1520, m8, and the now eol'd icon.....awesome

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Available in the US or not, the upgrade exists. Sure it sucks that no carrier picked it up in the US, but they must not see it very profitable to carry the high end WP's and then have to discount them to move them.

The phones you want are available, you just need to not rely on your carrier and subsidies.

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Must admit I'm very confused by the #MoreLumia event. For MS to make a promo video and post about it on their social media and then release a budget phone with not much fanfare doesn't make sense. They posted that 11-11-14 more lumia stuff on their main pages not just their Asian ones. Then they announce it during Asia daytime (US night) and nothing more. I have no problem with an Asia only phone, if they are the target market for an affordable phone by all means put effort there but to advertise an event/announcement in the US and then do what they did makes no sense. I really thought we would see some other announcement during the day here in the US but nothing came. I also don't believe that phone in the "black box" video was the 535.

Just more confusing decisions made by MS with regards to their mobile devices. I don't intend to leave the WP OS but I might have to reconsider my staying with a lumia phone. Might just have to go with a WP phone made by somebody else.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit that while I used my Win HD I was actually glad to not have all of the Lumia customization... It was the equivalent to using a vanilla android - clean and no frill.

I think a lot of us forget there are other manufacturers making very nice WPs.

If I had the cash I'd buy the M8 for WP in a heartbeat. That thing is beautiful.

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I think a lot of us forget there are other manufacturers making very nice WPs.
If I had the cash I'd buy the M8 for WP in a heartbeat. That thing is beautiful.

I knew there were other people making WP phones, it's just that I've always been a Nokia or Motorola guy and I was sticking with what I knew. The M8 does look nice but that price tag is a bit higher than I would like. Hopefully it will come down a bit by the new year and I'll be able to pick it up. No sense in paying 100 for a 830 when I could potentially get a true flagship quality phone for only a bit more.

Jens2sig

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
They must bring out a high end device before the holiday ! 1020 successor gap hasn't been filled or ? 1030 quad core , but if that's not the case in next weeks I will consider to look around, to the other competitor's ! 17.11.14 isn't that a date 📅 I was reading in one the rumour page !

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have no source I can directly reference for this but I do remember reading a number of times that someone at Microsoft had confirmed no new flagships before the end of the year. Plans can definitely change but I don't think we should hold out any hope for something big until next year. Microsoft already has quite a lot going on (Cortana, Windows 10, the new Health platform & Band, probably some Surface 3 or SP4 development, getting the 830 & 720 out to the world, etc.).

In saying that, I was expecting more from yesterdays announcement, the hype and that sneak peak video certainly suggested that there would be more than just 1 phone for limited markets. I was expecting an accessory of some sort at least, like the JBL speakers or Purity headphones of the past.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, just low end models.... I'm starting to think that Microsoft is pushing the high end model user away. If you want a high end phone you don't want Windows Phone, you want Android....

I have NO desire for a low or mid end model phone...If I am going to do it, I am going to do it right...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea, just low end models.... I'm starting to think that Microsoft is pushing the high end model user away. If you want a high end phone you don't want Windows Phone, you want Android....

I have NO desire for a low or mid end model phone...If I am going to do it, I am going to do it right...

The 930 isn't even a year old yet...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro