11-26-2014 12:07 PM
41 12
tools
    Was the 535 really all they had to announce?
    What about the video with the box and stuff?
    Is the event over, or did they just announce the 535 ahead of something else?
    maverick786us, haikallp and nohra like this.
    11-11-2014 05:51 AM
    I hope it is just the tip of the ice berg, otherwise there are going to be a lot of disappointed people (myself included).
    ven07 and Jens2sig like this.
    11-11-2014 06:00 AM
    Good question. I thought it was supposed to be today, Nov 11.

But it could have been yesterday thinking doing anything today would be tacky...
    11-11-2014 06:01 AM
    I hope it is just the tip of the ice berg, otherwise there are going to be a lot of disappointed people (myself included).
    I wouldn't expect any flagships before the end of the year...
    11-11-2014 06:02 AM
    Same thing is going in my mind...

There might be a 940??? or atleast 1330...
    maverick786us and Jens2sig like this.
    11-11-2014 06:02 AM
    I wasn't referring to flagships but to the video they released on their youtube channel.

Normally any low end phone would just get a blog post if it is going to launched in limited markets and a hands on video not a teaser trailer :P lol.

I was hoping they were going to have something about the leaked photos of the alleged 13xx / 15xx "upgrades", as people are soon to start their Christmas shopping. It would have helped sales if they had more than just a low end device for three markets.

Edit:

Also speaking of flagships, I'm not expecting any until the Windows 10 Launch and was anticipating their first Lumia phone was going to be a flagship device not a low end phone. As they could have simply announced this phone during the press event, the impact this device will have is negligible in the main stream media. You just don't build up hype and then release a blog post... it is like crying wolf when there is no wolf, do it to often and people won't take you seriously. Therefore I am seriously hoping if this is the only product they are announcing today, they refrain from doing any teaser trailers for low end devices destined initially for select emerging markets going forward.
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 11-11-2014 at 06:31 AM.
    maverick786us and ven07 like this.
    11-11-2014 06:18 AM
    Same here.

But following this logic, they will release both surface pro 4 and Lumia flagship at the same time. (Windows 10 release) Bad idea imo.
    11-11-2014 06:37 AM
    Can someone confirm that the event is over?
    11-11-2014 06:51 AM
    I was waiting till today to see if they announce a 920 replacement, now idk what to do
    11-11-2014 07:00 AM
    I wasn't referring to flagships but to the video they released on their youtube channel.

Normally any low end phone would just get a blog post if it is going to launched in limited markets and a hands on video not a teaser trailer :P lol.

I was hoping they were going to have something about the leaked photos of the alleged 13xx / 15xx "upgrades", as people are soon to start their Christmas shopping. It would have helped sales if they had more than just a low end device for three markets.

Edit:

Also speaking of flagships, I'm not expecting any until the Windows 10 Launch and was anticipating their first Lumia phone was going to be a flagship device not a low end phone. As they could have simply announced this phone during the press event, the impact this device will have is negligible in the main stream media. You just don't build up hype and then release a blog post... it is like crying wolf when there is no wolf, do it to often and people won't take you seriously. Therefore I am seriously hoping if this is the only product they are announcing today, they refrain from doing any teaser trailers for low end devices destined initially for select emerging markets going forward.
    I was waiting till today to see if they announce a 920 replacement, now idk what to do
    That is the reason I stated in one of my thread, that MS has gone insane!! For a mere 100$ tip, they made everyone excited, as if something big is coming on 11th Nov
    11-11-2014 08:09 AM
    what i dont undetstand is that WindowsCentral are not writing anything about it. :S
    11-11-2014 08:29 AM
    That is the reason I stated in one of my thread, that MS has gone insane!! For a mere 100$ tip, they made everyone excited, as if something big is coming on 11th Nov
    Indeed they have.... what I don't understand either why the variation in the windows logo at the back?

When clearly the on-screen button is the same logo as the previous models.. . I am so looking forward to Windows Weekly this week just to see their reactions haha.

what i dont undetstand is that WindowsCentral are not writing anything about it. :S
    I started writing, then noticed the end lol.
    11-11-2014 09:08 AM
    It's barely 6:00 a.m. up there in Redmond.

I'd give it till 10:00 a.m PST to see if MS shoves anything thru the door...
    11-11-2014 09:15 AM
    Wasn't the 930 a 920 update?
    11-11-2014 09:18 AM
    Yes and no... In the states it was only an upgrade if you were on Verzion
    11-11-2014 09:51 AM
    The phone on the video is not the recently announced 535, though. Just check the flash.
    11-11-2014 10:47 AM
    I don't think that was it. I mean...right? They said it would be an "event". That was just an announcement. Plus...I don't see any of the little gadget-ish things that was in the video being placed in the box. Doesn't add up.
    haikallp likes this.
    11-11-2014 10:51 AM
    I believe the 535 is all we're going to get. For the last few weeks that is the only phone we saw regularly in leaks and in testing. Also, if you remember the quote, "We’re almost ready to deliver the power of everyday mobile technology to everyone" you can see that it's hinting at an affordable phone with decent specs.
    11-11-2014 11:06 AM
    I don't think that was it. I mean...right? They said it would be an "event". That was just an announcement. Plus...I don't see any of the little gadget-ish things that was in the video being placed in the box. Doesn't add up.

They actually never said anything about an event. It was just a short post on Lumia conversations. Check the link:

http://lumiaconversations.microsoft....see-morelumia/
    haikallp likes this.
    11-11-2014 11:38 AM
    They actually never said anything about an event. It was just a short post on Lumia conversations. Check the link:

http://lumiaconversations.microsoft....see-morelumia/
    Ah, damn.. I'll accept that, but my fingers are crossed until midnight tonight.
    11-11-2014 12:01 PM

Want to see #MoreLumia? - Lumia Conversations
    smoheath, He is referencing this video that MS put out. It makes you think we should be getting something a little more substantial than a low end phone for the Asian market.
    11-11-2014 12:02 PM
    Neowin makes it sound like something else is coming:
    Microsoft officially unveils the Lumia 535 - Neowin

I was really hoping for a 920 replacement. It was only a fool's hope I suppose.
    11-11-2014 12:10 PM
    All I want is denim for my 930 😩 I will be getting a 535 though I was planing to get a 630 as a back up phone but not when there's the 530 around
    anon(9174535) likes this.
    11-11-2014 12:11 PM
    Pretty disappointing to see it really was just the 535. It likely won't go on sale in the US, and even then it doesn't come close to filling the major void in premium Windows Phones.

I was hoping to see a 1020 successor, 1520 successor, or even just a re-branded 930 for sale in the US. My wife and I were close to switching to Verizon a few months ago and getting the Icon, but even that is out of the picture now and those may not get update support. I hope we see something fairly soon, I really don't want to go back to Android........
    Guytronic and Jens2sig like this.
    11-11-2014 04:27 PM
    It is, some people just cant accept the fact that the 930 took over the 920's role and hence is truly its the successor.
    They wanted more and the 930 just wasn't the revolutionary upgrade they expected it to be (which is spec for spec with androids) and for some people lack of glance screen is a make or break feature.

But none of that changes the fact that the 930 takes over the 920's role as the top of the Lumia line. It could be argued the 1520 did but its a phablet and fills a different role. The 1020 could be argued to be top dog but theres no successor to it right now. If they tacked on the 41mpx camera onto a 930 that would be it. They cry foul when the 830 doesn't have what they want, but the 830 fills a lower segment of the market than the 920 so they're not predecessor/successor. I don't know what it is that seems to confuse the hell out of people, but you just follow the numbering scheme and that's where you see the succession line goes.
    11-11-2014 10:05 PM
41 12