So, who's planning on getting a Lumia 1030?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
​Seems to me that the 1020 users all say the mega-files from the mega-pixels make them wish for microSD card support...
From my experience SD cards are buggy and go bad. I used them with my BlackBerry devices and only got good ones (SanDisk) from reputable stores (Newegg.com, Tigerdirect.com) but they went bad. I don't keep pictures on my device anyway, once I upload to OneDrive (I have unlimited OneDrive via my Office 365 subscription).

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
From my experience SD cards are buggy and go bad. I used them with my BlackBerry devices and only got good ones (SanDisk) from reputable stores (Newegg.com, Tigerdirect.com) but they went bad. I don't keep pictures on my device anyway, once I upload to OneDrive (I have unlimited OneDrive via my Office 365 subscription).

Likewise. Upload and delete except for some great ones to show off.

That said I think they'd be nuts to exclude microSD at this point.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Exactly how I feel. I love my 1020, but I put it away and now my 1520 is my daily driver due to most of the Denim updates benefiting S800 class processors. Still keep the 1020 close on the off chance I need to snap some amazing photos.

I will buy the 1030 in a heartbeat.
Exactly the same for me. I do still feel the 1520 is a bit big, but it's literally the only option in the US for full functionality of the camera updates. And even the 1520 is being discontinued by AT&T. I'm starting to think we may not see any more high end Lumias. If they're going to wait nine months until W10, it sounds to me like they just don't give a crap.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the 1020, with the hump, looks stunning. Happy to see the hump again, but with qi.

I see a lot of posts talking about the rumoured specs, but For me, the rumours are little mire than wish lists. Nit seen any proper rumours.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If it is released I am getting one for sure. I hope they offer it as unlocked right from MS, So we can bypass carrier services. Updates ASAP! I think all phones should be able to be bought direct to bypass carrier services. If you want deal on your phone buy from carriers, if you want right now service, buy direct and pay full price.

Camden Krupala

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I wound up getting a gold edition 930 to tide over my 1030 cravings. I read a report that said we wouldn't see a flagship at MWC this year (just two low/mid ends, probably a 1330). I think the next flagship will be May (hopefully). I guess only time will tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss