Microsoft Lumia 435 leaked

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Looks quite good.
People complain about, "oh look, another budget device" but this is quite necessary.

The Lumia 535 is quite a good budget device, however it is not the, "bottom of the line", "dirt cheap" device like the 530. Thus, there is a new gap that has emerged for such a device.
The 4xx series will become the new bottom of the line entry level phone.

We all want new high end phones, but this phone is necessary to fill a gap that has emerged as the 5xx series got more high end.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Looks quite good.
People complain about, "oh look, another budget device" but this is quite necessary.

The Lumia 535 is quite a good budget device, however it is not the, "bottom of the line", "dirt cheap" device like the 530. Thus, there is a new gap that has emerged for such a device.
The 4xx series will become the new bottom of the line entry level phone.

We all want new high end phones, but this phone is necessary to fill a gap that has emerged as the 5xx series got more high end.

Screw the rear cam! Only 5 mp ffc!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I think the 530 pretty much hit rock bottom.
Sure build quality can be cut, but i think its scraping the bottom of the barrel of decency as it is.

Last edited:

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well MS should price this phone correctly, if there's less price gap between this(435) & 535 then 435 would be a failure, everyone would go for 535.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this will sit in the basic range of phones that'll replace the old basic nokia 'dumb'phones. If is, it should sit in the sub-?20 range.

G.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft can't anticipate making any money on this phone. I thought the 530 was bare bones, this thing has got to be close to $20 USD. I realized the article said it would go for $57 in Indonesia. My wife's 521 is better featured than the 530. I realize that Microsoft is trying to reach consumers moving up from dumb phones, but with the number of ads from iPhone and Android, it would make anyone on a budget or not want to try a high end phone, even used. IPhone 4s' go for $100 used on average and even budget conscious consumers can afford that and upgrade to iOS 7 to try it out. But that's just my opinion and opinions are like feet; everyone has them and they all stink.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I understand that Microsoft is trying to capitalize their gains in the low end market as they should. WP is a great OS that doesn't need heavy hardware to provide a good user experience. However, it is frustrating to watch these low and mid range phones come when there hasn't been a high end MS phone revealed or even credibly leaked in quite a while.

Xavier2508

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Are we sure this is real? A lumia 4xx doesn't really make much sense, since you literally can't go below the 530's specs except on build quality...
And if it's true, where the hell is the 430 then?
The only thing that might make sense is MS rearanging the line-up by putting a reskinned 530 one level below the more capapble and bigger 535.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I realize that Microsoft is trying to reach consumers moving up from dumb phones, but with the number of ads from iPhone and Android, it would make anyone on a budget or not want to try a high end phone, even used. IPhone 4s' go for $100 used on averagek.
iPhone 4S and high end in the same sentence? Lay off the marketing, 4S is a 3 year old used scratchy phone with 512mb ram, 3.5 inch 640x960 screen and about 2 hours of battery life and runs iOS7 like tar. It's a piece of garbage. $100 for that used smelly thing is robbery. Glad to see the Apple marketing works, maybe they'll sell you high end rocks for just $100 next.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
This is a great move you guys are clueless if you don't see that. Eventually dropping the price to around $30-$39 to try and get some of those 200 million people who buy regular Nokia phones every year into the WP world. If they can get just every 25th customer to buy this instead of their dumbphone they'll have 8 million new Lumia users ready to upgrade to higher end models next year.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Well it wasn't, but now it is. This 435 is just like a 530 on a different body... Don't know why would it be on the 4xx series...

Because of stupid people. Including Paul Thurrot, they kept whining when they thought the 530 was intended as an upgrade to the 520 when it clearly was a cost cut version intended at driving the price even lower. The phone got lost in the misinformed river of tears. The mind boggles.

Now they'll make the distinctly different 4-series the lowest end, so retardos can look at it with fresh eyes and can concentrate on the phone. It's all about driving the price as low as possible, intended to get WP in the hands of people who would normally buy a dumb phone with a 48x35 pixel screen. Comparing to that it's a high-end piece of gear.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I really have no clue as to what is going on right now. Not saying this is a foolish move or a good move. I just am not sure what it is going on with Microsoft right now. With the 520, 530, 535, 620, 625, 630, and 635 it would seem the low end is covered. Maybe I am just dumb; but are all these phones going to run Win 10. Or maybe they are going to come out with a Win 10 short for these phones. Really at a lost for words. Hope someone is watching what is going on before WP becomes the lost leader of the industry and gets stuck with ONLY low end phones. My backup 635 is starting to look like a FLAGSHIP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise