When does the 2015 Lumia lineup take shape?

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
At this point we know W10 will release between the summer and early fall 2015. For the sake of hypothesis, let's say August. I wouldn't believe even for a minute that Microsoft won't release any new phones until W10, as that leaves the whole first half of the year empty. I would assume they would announce something around march.

Most likely, whatever comes before W10 will be low and mid range, reserving the flagship WOW factor for W10. I think this is a negative, but it's what MS will most likely do to bank on their high end releases.

So, what do you think the initial Lumia lineup will look like and when it'll be announced? Maybe a 640 around March, 540 around May and 740 around July? That'd leave what MS considers higher end - 8xx, 9xx, 1xxx - for W10. What do you think?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I would not be surprised with a mid year flagship. In the past they have released two flagships at a "set" time. with the exception of this year due to the cancellation of the McLaren that was supposed to be released on the big 3 in the U.S. some said it was potentially two phones etc.

The 920 was end year, the 1020 was mid year. The 1520 was end year, the 930/icon was mid year. We might hear about something april/may? and see release by July, Aug? I am purely speculating though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss