HTC One M9

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I would suspect there will be a Windows phone variant in the M9 of this "alleged" and unsubstantiated flagship from HTC. It looks like a beast from what I've read about it. It would make a great Windows device.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I would suspect there will be a Windows phone variant in the M9 of this "alleged" and unsubstantiated flagship from HTC. It looks like a beast from what I've read about it. It would make a great Windows device.

I don't think that it's unsubstantiated. What it's final form factor will be is the only thing that is.

It should make a excellent Win 10 phone and I personally believe that it will happen.

Cry me a river if you want but then build me bridge to get over it... Posted from my HTC M8

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If that's what it looks like, I'll be a little disappointed. Looks pretty much identical to the M8. Granted, it is a nice looking device. But still, they look the same.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope if they do release WP variant then they should release it early instead of making it a recycled flagship..

Xavier2508

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I hope if they do release WP variant then they should release it early instead of making it a recycled flagship..
And more importantly, release it in more than just one single country, and with some mid-range brethren form the desire range alongside it!

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
There've been quite a few rumours on the topic since last summer; just do a Bing search on HTC M9 Windows, and you'll find a number of articles suggesting that HTC will indeed continue have Android <and> Windows both.

Had played with an M8 in the VZW store in December, and really liked it; as-is, it's notably faster than my Lumia 928 (Quad core vs. Dual), very nice screen, aluminum body and really good sound. While the camera isn't as good as the 928's, it does have some advantages in speed and interesting functions over the Lumia. This being said, I decided to wait a few months to use my upgrade on the M9 or whatever other high end mobile device (aka phone) comes out in the spring. Better cameras, speed and expandability are on the horizon!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There've been quite a few rumours on the topic since last summer; just do a Bing search on HTC M9 Windows, and you'll find a number of articles suggesting that HTC will indeed continue have Android <and> Windows both.

Had played with an M8 in the VZW store in December, and really liked it; as-is, it's notably faster than my Lumia 928 (Quad core vs. Dual), very nice screen, aluminum body and really good sound. While the camera isn't as good as the 928's, it does have some advantages in speed and interesting functions over the Lumia. This being said, I decided to wait a few months to use my upgrade on the M9 or whatever other high end mobile device (aka phone) comes out in the spring. Better cameras, speed and expandability are on the horizon!

My son gave my wife the M8 Windows phone variant the other day. The phone is perfect for her.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
it absolutely looked and felt like a great phone, with a solid build, so she should really enjoy it! My 928 continues merrily along, so I decided to wait for this year's new crop to upgrade to. In the interim, looking forward to playing with Windows 10 Mobile tech preview!

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I'm playing the waiting game as well. Going to see what comes out Lumia-wise this Spring. I prefer a plastic phone, since the first thing I would probably do when getting an M8 or M9 is throw some plastic case on it. At least with the Lumias you can replace the back when it starts to look like garbage.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I just got my M8 a couple months ago. Lol. I hope its a while before they release an upgrade. Although, my M8 is currently working perfectly so I have no reason to upgrade if they do.

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Been paying attention to the M9. I liked the M8, but not enough to buy because of the camera and lack of wireless charging.

I am very interested in seeing the camera specs for the M9. I have see rumors of 20 megapixels, but I want to know sensor size. I doubt they will add wireless charging, which I have become quite used to with my L920, but if the camera is exceptional, I may just overlook that.

I have heard back and forth on a quad HD display. I hope not; I can't see it being useful on a 5" screen and I fear it would just be a power drain.

If they put out a version with Windows Phone, I may bite on this. Or else, just wait for a Win10 flagship in the fall.

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hoping they would announce a Windows Phone variant today, but so far only Android. Maybe a Windows version will soon follow.

About the main camera, all I can find is: "20MP with sapphire cover lens, auto-focus, BSI sensor, f/2.2, 27.8mm lens, 4K video recording" No word on sensor size only that it is "bigger"

Greg Polansky

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, new to this site, recently became interested in a Windows phone (with windows 10 looking AMAZING).

I was hoping someone could clarify for me. So, the One M9 as of right now is not available with a Windows operating system? If so, is there a process where I could just load windows 10 onto an android One M9?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12