Sony confirms that it has no plans to release Windows Phones and tablets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well they almost shut down the mobile department then retracted when some fans started pressuring Sony. That tells a lot they only department that is doing good for them is the game department. Is not our lost if they don't build one; specially if we never have it.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
As quite a loyal Sony customer in the past, what makes me sad about this isn't that they won't support Windows Phone, it is the sheer negativity of Sony management. How can they hope to turn a profit when they're not even prepared to try?

Sony can't compete with Samsung in the TV market, they can't compete with Samsung with PCs and they can't compete with mobile phones. Everybody knows Sony makes money with PlayStation and selling insurance and that's about it. How pathetic.

Stop running other people down, Sony. Your failure isn't down to them.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I used to buy Sony TVs but Samsung ones are so much better.

Don't see much they make that stands out these days. Have to say I don't associate the brand with anything which is not good for them. Every company needs an area of excellence as a foundation.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The simple truth is that for Sony at the moment they can't afford to reach into new markets, especially one like WP, so they're being conservative at the moment.

Just because they say they're not making one now or in the next year, that doesn't mean never. If I was an OEM I'd be cautious too about the WP ecosystem.

They may also be having difficulty with MS since Sony is a competitor with them in some areas.

As for the comments about Sony phones. I own the Z3. It's a fantastic device and a thing of beauty. If MS can make a phone like the Z3 I would have bought it.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Android will probably *never* become a true PC replacement, they can go 128-bit architecture if they so please. People are deluding themselves if they think a primarily-mobile OS can be used for serious productivity (i.e. producing content).

And Sony won't make a Windows Phone simply because of Xbox. If MS makes Xbox optional for WP (which will likely be never), they just might. Which is sad since Sony makes some excellent phones. An Xperia Z3 with WP would be a dream.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had 2 Sony phones in the household. My son owned the Sony Xperia Play with the PlayStation style slide out game pad, and the Xperia TL I think, the last Sony AT&T carried. I found them to be solidly built, well performing phones with the best call quality I have had since walking away from the BlackBerry Curve. I would borrow my Sons Play to make phone calls. It was truly that good.

Their customer service was excellent. The back plate got cracked on the TL, and they sent us one free of charge no questions asked. They were responsive and fun.

But Sony is losing money in all their areas. From Sony movie franchises (see what they did to Spider-Man) , to their communication branch for enterprise, to cell phones, to electronics and audio gear. Even the PlayStation- easily their most dependable money maker- is suffering due to Mobile's dominance for gaming these days,

As many posters have pointed out: Windows just ain't a sure thing for anyone except Microsoft's Lumia line. If it changes with Windows 10 and Sony thinks it can turn a profit they will be knocking Redmonds door down.

Put me in the column as someone who would happily give a Sony Windows for phone a shot.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Oh! great now we have Sony haters thread.

Funny WP fans hate lots of thing specially who somehow have positive relation with Google that iis why is see thread like "what happen to world" or something.LOL!

Anyway continue with your bashing.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
With Sonys continued poor build quality, poor customer service & constant design faults who cares about Sony smart phones. Sony Z series have had screen & back glass cracking issues which has continued with Z1, Z2 & the Z3. The water resistance isn't any good on them either.

Poor build quality?
My Z3C has fallen 4 times and doesn't have a dent or scratch. It still runs as smoothly as on day one, doesn't overheat and I haven't had any hardware problems with it.
Do you know how many times my Microsoft Mobile build 930 has been replaced? 3 times. Why? Hardware defects in every single one of them. And that one never even fell as I barely use it at all. Not to mention one of the times Microsoft Mobile took a month to replace a phone.

Water resistance isn't any good? Funny. My Z3C begs to disagree with you, once again.

As quite a loyal Sony customer in the past, what makes me sad about this isn't that they won't support Windows Phone, it is the sheer negativity of Sony management. How can they hope to turn a profit when they're not even prepared to try?

Let's be honest...WHICH OEM has ever made money out of WP? Not even Microsoft makes money out of Windows Phone. Samsung never did, HTC never did, Huawei most certainly didn't (and they vocally said it) and Nokia was almost ruined by it.
OEMs haven't been sleeping. They noticed Microsoft's own lack of commitment to WP. That's why they won't be wasting time and money try to make WP happen when Microsoft itself isn't really concerned with that.

droidguy1964

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
With Sonys continued poor build quality, poor customer service & constant design faults who cares about Sony smart phones. Sony Z series have had screen & back glass cracking issues which has continued with Z1, Z2 & the Z3. The water resistance isn't any good on them either.

Sony build quality is top notch

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh! great now we have Sony haters thread.

Funny WP fans hate lots of thing specially who somehow have positive relation with Google that iis why is see thread like "what happen to world" or something.LOL!

Anyway continue with your bashing.

One poster with a negative opinion of Sony does not constitute a hater's thread. Lighten up.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sneeden also praises the 64-bit architecture of Android Lollipop, the latest version of Android. Therefore, the system can handle much heavier tasks. "Android is becoming a PC replacement. Just look at the Office apps."

I agree. Brb replacing my Windows 95 PC with an Xperia tablet now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte