Will the cancalled MacLaren windows phone ever return?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Although its time for new flagships to laaunch I was wondering did MSFT totally giveup on the project or does anyone know the progress ! It would really attract more customers to try the new 3d touch user interface in a premium flagship as most of the current flagship owners are deciding ro switch to other platforms due to lack of flagship devices! Also it will help MSFT complete with other hardware competitors...!

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
We know flagship is going to be there with win 10. But I highly doubt that MacLaren can come back. They'll go with more slim designs.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
We know flagship is going to be there with win 10. But I highly doubt that MacLaren can come back. They'll go with more slim designs.
Well if you consider that MSFT totally wasted their time and cancelled a already final project then its quite difficult to absorb it. They are surely going to implement in any of the coming flagsips in the near future

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Well if you consider that MSFT totally wasted their time and cancelled a already final project then its quite difficult to absorb it. They are surely going to implement in any of the coming flagsips in the near future
If that gonna happen, I'm the first one to pick it when arrives... Let us wait and see :smile:

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand, MSFT cancelled the project MacLaren, 3d interface wasn't ready etc. but it was pretty much finished product, they could have scrapped of 3D interface and relased like "normal phone", certainly it would have it's place on market...

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand, MSFT cancelled the project MacLaren, 3d interface wasn't ready etc. but it was pretty much finished product, they could have scrapped of 3D interface and relased like "normal phone", certainly it would have it's place on market...
That wasn't the plan bro...if they would have removed the 3d interface it would be the same as the current line of Lumias....with no premium flagship features! And no customer would have accepted to to buy it specially those group of enthusiast flagship users hoe already caught up on the news about its release would have been surely disappointed with that feature not available!
Another thing! The Maclaren was never meant for the lower or mid tier market segment, it was meant to be a flagship and quite highly priced device for those who can afford it, now cancelling the feature would just remove the premium tag from the device, nothing extra that it can offer!

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If that gonna happen, I'm the first one to pick it when arrives... Let us wait and see :smile:

That depends on which market its gonna release first so you have make sure you are pretty present there and also make sure you get the first order and none of that will ever happen, so sit tight...😂

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
That wasn't the plan bro...if they would have removed the 3d interface it would be the same as the current line of Lumias....with no premium flagship features! And no customer would have accepted to to buy it specially those group of enthusiast flagship users hoe already caught up on the news about its release would have been surely disappointed with that feature not available!
Another thing! The Maclaren was never meant for the lower or mid tier market segment, it was meant to be a flagship and quite highly priced device for those who can afford it, now cancelling the feature would just remove the premium tag from the device, nothing extra that it can offer!

Yaeah, I understand you. Still it have some nice features, so far what we could see from pics, it was 5.2 full HD phone with 20MP camera in metal body. Probablybit had Snapdragon 800 or similar and it does have microSd slot for which some people are dying on 930.
It wouldn't offer anything extra for sure but could shrink a gap till the real flaship a little bit. It won't be appealing to non WP users but at least upgrading users (from lets say 920) would have one more option.Of course at reasonable price. At least in USS it would improve presence of WP a little bit, as there aren't any higher end Lumia selling.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yaeah, I understand you. Still it have some nice features, so far what we could see from pics, it was 5.2 full HD phone with 20MP camera in metal body. Probablybit had Snapdragon 800 or similar and it does have microSd slot for which some people are dying on 930.
It wouldn't offer anything extra for sure but could shrink a gap till the real flaship a little bit. It won't be appealing to non WP users but at least upgrading users (from lets say 920) would have one more option.Of course at reasonable price. At least in USS it would improve presence of WP a little bit, as there aren't any higher end Lumia selling.

To some extent you are correct, but again it would be a risk if the device doesn't sell well...as it is their market share I very low...and premium users wont be attracted so much as it only would bring minor bump and improvements in specs...and if it doesn't sell well then it will be a loss investment for MSFT..! But ytur point is also valid....dont wory a newflagship device is yet to be announced soon as stated by MSFT in mobile world congress (MWC). Windows central did cover the news...! Lets see!

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think the so called McLaren might come as Lumia 1030 according to an old leak, it will come after windows 10 is completely done

Yea..perhaps read about it in Wmpu and win beta...well if it arrives well and good...a lot of 1020 users are willing to upgrade their devices...another important fact is it would be win 10,ready bringing a host of new features, and featuring a current hardware with improved camera experience is what most of the masses desire, a good strategy by MSFT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb